Here's the scoop with restoring from a backup. Doing so has caused some people to have issues. Restoring App Data is almost always safe. Media as well. However, many who have restored Settings have reported issues, such as not being able to set and maintain the dark theme -- mainly in the Contacts or Calendar apps. I have personally restored settings and app data after each leak I've installed, with no issues. And I've installed almost all the leaks.

So, it boils down to whether or not you need the PW Keeper data. If Yes, restore away.

FYI. There was a leaked version of PW Keeper recently, that allows you to export PW Keeper data separately and without using link. It came out after the last leak, so I haven't tried it yet. If you're interested, you can find it here. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ctions-877488/
    12-12-13 10:24 PM
    Backing up data now. just taking forever.... If I don't resolve the issue I will let you know. Thanks for your help.
    12-12-13 11:31 PM
    Here's the scoop with restoring from a backup. Doing so has caused some people to have issues. Restoring App Data is almost always safe. Media as well. However, many who have restored Settings have reported issues, such as not being able to set and maintain the dark theme -- mainly in the Contacts or Calendar apps. I have personally restored settings and app data after each leak I've installed, with no issues. And I've installed almost all the leaks.

So, it boils down to whether or not you need the PW Keeper data. If Yes, restore away.

FYI. There was a leaked version of PW Keeper recently, that allows you to export PW Keeper data separately and without using link. It came out after the last leak, so I haven't tried it yet. If you're interested, you can find it here. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ctions-877488/
    I have used it and it works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    12-13-13 12:16 PM
    Passwords came back with the restore.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:48 PM
    Passwords came back with the restore.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent. Glad to hear that.
    12-13-13 07:48 PM
    I've had nothing but bad luck with password keeper. I have list all my data twice. It's seems do unreliable for something supposedly important enough to protect.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:41 PM
    I've used this app since November 2008, when I acquired my first BlackBerry. Since then I've had 4 device upgrades and countless OS updates, including 3 updates on the Z10. Guess I'm lucky but I've never had a problem with this app or transfer of data. The latest version with the black theme is awesome.

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.0.429
    12-14-13 07:16 AM
    Upgrading the OS to 10.2 worked well and my password data remained intact. However, every time I install the updated Password Keeper that shipped with it (the one with the animations), my unlock password works but all the entries dissappear. Luckily I'm quite anal about backups so I can restore Application Data to get the older version back complete with its data.
    I'm waiting for the next release of PK before I try again.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:37 PM
    I highly recommend KeePass, we use it on Windows/BBOS7/BB10/iOS and Android devices as they all have the client, same DB in use for all these platforms, makes backups a breeze.
    12-19-13 12:43 PM
    I've use Password Keeper daily. Great app.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:21 PM
    in red ink on PK app home page "The backup file can't be found. Use Device Switch or Blackberry Link to transfer files from a previous device to a new device." Its see it as a new device because in settings it shows as a new device with BlackberryE&E... where before its was ScottBBZ10 Rebooting BBLink.
    Yup, just got the same. I think my problem is that my BB crashed two weeks ago. Reloading PasswordKeeper probably did not find the original data since I did not Switch Devices. So PK was empty and attempting to IMPORT resulted in that message you saw.

But since I probably never used it properly, I just recharged my long idle 9930, opened PasswordKeeper (PK) and it and since all my passwords were in one entry, I copy/pasted it to a txt file. Use wifi sharing from computer to 9930 to copy the text file and then copied it to the Z10 where I then copy/pasted into a Note in a PK entry! Not very simple but done for the moment.

I, too, want BB PROTECT restored to its former glory. It is pitiful to open Protect and read "it is a one time process" - what are/were they thinking!!!
    12-19-13 03:23 PM
36 12