It is black underneath. Sorry for posting this problem, I didn't know it would offend people. I thought we come here to get help on issues. I certainly won't be coming back to CrackBerry for help.
    04-01-13 08:16 PM
    If so then once again another EXAGERATED OP

Posted on CB10 via Z10
    how is it exaggerating? something is coming off the phone and whether its paint or another coating it still shouldnt come off. I and many others would be slightly pissed if they just paid 600+ for a something and then this starts happening. Then the carrier says "sorry we cant help you."
    04-01-13 08:20 PM
    Looking at the pictures it looks to me that something was pulled over the damaged area or the phone was pulled or pushed from something.

The scar is narrow at the bottom increasing towards the top where it meets a joint in the phone and a chip was spalled off.

Good luck.
    04-01-13 08:23 PM
    It is black underneath. Sorry for posting this problem, I didn't know it would offend people. I thought we come here to get help on issues. I certainly won't be coming back to CrackBerry for help.
    I don't blame ya bud. The locals here are vicious. It's as if Blackberry is one of their kids. Sad to say, they don't realize that their elitist, always right attitude has probably pushed away many sales from the brand they adore. I've seen so many posts lately from people with issues just get ridiculed. You can bet 90% of those Z10s went back to the store simply because nobody in their right mind would even want to be associated with this mess. Sad.
    04-01-13 08:23 PM
    I have scratches on mine, my gf dropped a knife on the bottom part, but no paint peeling.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:24 PM
    You never offended anyone. Some on here are just overly sensitive to some of the other BS (not you) that goes on.
    I suggest everyone take a pill because I really want to know how this turns out and what the cause could have been.
    Toseepics likes this.
    04-01-13 08:24 PM
    how is it exaggerating? something is coming off the phone and whether its paint or another coating it still shouldnt come off. I and many others would be slightly pissed if they just paid 600+ for a something and then this starts happening. Then the carrier says "sorry we cant help you."
    I have some swampland on special pricing . . .
    jz1 and bubbbab like this.
    04-01-13 08:27 PM
    I have scratches on mine, my gf dropped a knife on the bottom part, but no paint peeling.

Posted via CB10
    Welp, put her in the dog house. lol. JK. That sucks though. Whenever I get a new device that first chink in the armor just eats at me for a few days, then I'm like oh well, might as well add more. haha
    04-01-13 08:27 PM
    I don't blame ya bud. The locals here are vicious. It's as if Blackberry is one of their kids. Sad to say, they don't realize that their elitist, always right attitude has probably pushed away many sales from the brand they adore. I've seen so many posts lately from people with issues just get ridiculed. You can bet 90% of those Z10s went back to the store simply because nobody in their right mind would even want to be associated with this mess. Sad.
    So. What brings you here into a Z10 thread Miss Congeniality?
    04-01-13 08:30 PM
    Attachment 146307 here's the pic. It isn't that bad yet, but it's only gonna keep peeling.
    Is that paint peeling or a chip of the coating? the latter maybe due to impact. Hard to tell.
    But I would think BB would cover a paint defect.
    04-01-13 08:37 PM
    So. What brings you here into a Z10 thread Miss Congeniality?
    Well, I've been to 4chan so I can handle the scum and I want to give the Z10 a try. Maybe the Q10, depending how the apps work on that screen.
    04-01-13 08:37 PM
    I can't get carrier support and blackberry won't reply to me. I hate to say this but if it was an iPhone I'd have a new one from the Apple store right now. I love blackberry but the support is garbage. They charge you for technical support. I know the Z10 is awesome and this is just a defect, sh** happens and that's fine as long as it is solved properly.
    04-01-13 08:44 PM
    I think your choice of words "Wtf...Garbage" was unwarranted and a few people took offense and responded to you in kind. Post your issue without the unnecessary embellishments and you might get better advice.

Remember that CrackBerry.com is a group of users and not able to assist with warranty issues, but all we can do is advise you what to do and if we have had the same issue.

Just my observations of this thread's tone and direction.

I would definitely call BlackBerry and ask how you should proceed because it is not a simple technical problem but it could be a paint defect. It happens with cars so why not any other painted metal. Nothing has zero defects ...

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    jerryeight likes this.
    04-01-13 08:46 PM
    That sucks big time. I would take it back to where you bought it and see what they have to say.
    04-01-13 08:47 PM
    I was on this guys side up until that^

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres and RowdyGinger like this.
    04-01-13 08:47 PM
    Don't let a few people on here ruin it for you.

First time I've heard of it, but last thing I'm going to do is the "Pics or it didn't Happen" thing others are so quick to jump to.

Looking at the pic, it appears it started at the hard edge of the corner which is the weakest spot for any type of coating.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions here, do any of you see obvious impact damage? Nothing I see shows a point of impact

Posted via CB10
    1magine and richardat like this.
    04-01-13 08:51 PM
    I was on this guys side up until that^

Posted via CB10
    After how many people called the op a liar? I'd be mad as he// if my $500+ device did that so soon!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:52 PM
    that sucks. Try to contact bb..
    04-01-13 09:03 PM
    What's wrong with the Canadian z10s? I have had zero issues with mine aside from unlocking in my pocket and testing everyone random crap.. that is my fault for lengthening the password lock

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:09 PM
    I can't get carrier support and blackberry won't reply to me. I hate to say this but if it was an iPhone I'd have a new one from the Apple store right now. I love blackberry but the support is garbage. They charge you for technical support. I know the Z10 is awesome and this is just a defect, sh** happens and that's fine as long as it is solved properly.
    The truth starting to surface?

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    04-01-13 09:10 PM
    I wonder what the phone would look like a year from now

Wish the phone had a stronger finish
    Last edited by bjacob; 04-01-13 at 09:26 PM.
    04-01-13 09:15 PM
    Thanks for everyone's comments and help. Still waiting for a tweet from BlackBerryHelp.
    04-01-13 09:36 PM
    I think your choice of words "Wtf...Garbage" was unwarranted and a few people took offense and responded to you in kind. Post your issue without the unnecessary embellishments and you might get better advice.

Remember that CrackBerry.com is a group of users and not able to assist with warranty issues, but all we can do is advise you what to do and if we have had the same issue.

Just my observations of this thread's tone and direction.

I would definitely call BlackBerry and ask how you should proceed because it is not a simple technical problem but it could be a paint defect. It happens with cars so why not any other painted metal. Nothing has zero defects ...

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    Your absolutely right, those weren't very approachable words. Thanks for the help!
    04-01-13 09:38 PM
    The truth starting to surface?

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    I know you better than that, c'mon

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:42 PM
    Wow that really sucks. I hope you can get a replacement.
    04-01-13 09:51 PM
250 12345 ...