This thread is one bad analogy after another. No dealer would take any car driven off the lot even for a hour back for repair or replacement for any issues you might have found or incurred even in a short amount of time (much less a month).

I think the OP has he right to be a little pissed. However the retailer only gave him the option to send it in for repairs which means he will be without a device...and who know just how well the repairs will go or any other thing might go wrong....so now it's a choice between living with the damage (possible fix with nail position or paint pen)put a case in it, or risk sending it in. The main issue is the time elapsed before the device was first purchased and when the defect was noticed. The OP might know he didn't drop it or bang it, but for any retailer that is the first and only real explanation of what might have happened and might be less willing to replace the device outright.
    irweezyy likes this.
    04-03-13 11:30 AM
    Stop asking if I dropped my phone, or was nerve dropped. I do not think blackberry is an indestructible, perfect device. I'm ok with this happening as long as blackberry backs it up. This isn't from wear and tear or anything, this phone has never been anywhere close to being abused, and never been in a situation that would cause a coating to peel off. For the people helping, again, thanks. For the people calling me a complainer and saying I dropped it, go **** yourselves and don't post here.
    I am sorry to see this happening to you man, hope you get it sorted out with BB & / or Carrier.

Can you please clarify if you used a case and what case if so? I ask this so as for the rest of us knowing if a case may "contribute" in something like that happening.

I am not suggesting it is your fault by no way, just ignore the "attackers". Crackberry is not just these people

I would definitely be pissed off if this happened to my new 500+ Euro device, no kidding! Hope they sort it out for you.

If they do not (I strongly hope they will), then a possible way to make you feel a bit better may be using a phantom skin, at least this may kind of cheer you up for less than 15bucks they come in black and in colour:

Phantom Skinz |BlackBerry Z10, cell phone skins, screen protectors, cases, covers, shields, full body protection
    Phantom Skinz Chromatics for BlackBerry Z10- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

Good luck buddy and let us know how it goes!
    LewLew23 likes this.
    04-03-13 11:37 AM
    So I spoke to another person at Rogers who contacted blackberry and tried everything she possibly could to help me out. She's putting a $40 credit to my account to pay for a case to cover this up. I'll leave it at that, knowing how hard she tried and only came up with that is proof that this device will not be replaced or anything.
    04-03-13 12:06 PM
    Seriously have a look at the phantom skinz man they are really good in *case* you do not want to use a *case*
    04-03-13 12:24 PM
    Seriously have a look at the phantom skinz man they are really good in *case* you do not want to use a *case*
    Is that just stuff you stick on the device?
    04-03-13 12:33 PM
    Does the bottom lip interefere with your gestures?
    Excellent case. Your question is exactly the reason I returned it to best buy. The most. Noticeable to me was gestures in horizontal. Still amazing protection for outside site personnel.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:37 PM
    Excellent case. Your question is exactly the reason I returned it to best buy. The most. Noticeable to me was gestures in horizontal. Still amazing protection for outside site personnel.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    Ah....yah....

I love Otterbox but I think that design might be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-13 12:39 PM
    I suspect OP started the post as an April 1st joke.
    04-03-13 12:42 PM
    Ah....yah....

I love Otterbox but I think that design might be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Sure wish they would manufacture an commuter for the Z10. It's perfect for intermediate needs. Son has one on his iPhone 5. Very good.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:45 PM
    Yea that would bother me too. I love my phone to be perfect. Lol
    you're perfect...
    04-03-13 01:12 PM
    Same here. The matte finish wears off and the plastic underneath gets glossy. I am using the original pouch. :-(
    04-03-13 02:17 PM
    I just noticed I have paint peeling off the top right corner of my Z10..
    ive been 6 weeks no case and mine still looking new ! got a pic you can post?
    04-03-13 02:31 PM
    Pretty much yeah. There's a whole thread dedicated to PhantomSkinz because we all love ours (yes I bought 2 myself) so much. It may not be what you want, but you should definitely check the PhantomSkinz thread out to see actual pictures
    04-03-13 02:33 PM
    Sounds like op should hire you to get him a new phone

Posted via CB10
    I am not an attorney -- just a consumer. I wish more consumers would turn to the small claims/bench court system in the USA and Canada when they're being jerked around. It would result in a much higher level of customer service and an end to the flaming hoops that many businesses hold up and demand a customer jump through in order to get what they originally were promised (and paid for).
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-03-13 03:41 PM
    Beat me to answering you. As mentioned above pretty much yes but not with glue that leaves residues when removed. I find it to be one of the best alternatives to "Repairing casing scratches". (quality / effort / cost).

If you get bored of it or do not like it anymore, you just peel it off and done.

There is video on their web and on YouTube if you want to check this out.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:51 AM
    Some of the people on here act like they work for BB I've never seen so many people get so defensive.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    04-04-13 04:14 AM
    Turns out mine also has a chip in the bezel at the bottom. Looks like the powder coat chipping off. I figure it will just take a hit of time until others have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:16 PM
    If anyone gets any replacement device or anything from this, post here.
    04-04-13 06:42 PM
    Wow looks like paint-peeling-GATE. Blackberry needs to get their ish together.
    04-04-13 07:01 PM
    Wow looks like paint-peeling-GATE. Blackberry needs to get their ish together.
    for ONE phone... come on.
    04-04-13 07:16 PM
    Looks like some damage to me. Are you sure that some paint from something else was not accidentally transferred.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:26 PM
    Well whatever it is that is peeling, mine's doing it too. I don't have it in a case, but I have been taking SUCH good care of it... This is beyond me. I've had it for a week. But I just returned it for rebooting issued. Hopefully this one won't peel...

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:42 PM
    So yeah, I totally believe you. Sorry it's happened to you. I'd say if you had it for less than 2 weeks to swap it with another one.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:44 PM
    So yeah, I totally believe you. Sorry it's happened to you. I'd say if you had it for less than 2 weeks to swap it with another one.

Posted via CB10
    I tried and can't.
    04-04-13 08:45 PM
    Why do you keep resurrecting the thread? Any advice anyone could possibly give was given within the first couple of pages. Heck, looking at it again, within the first few replies.

This is between you and your carrier and / or BlackBerry. No one here can fix it for you.
    Other people are replying and reviving it... not me lol. chill, life's to short for you to be so worried about this.
    barnfoot likes this.
    04-04-13 08:56 PM
250 ... 8910