Yes, I know that there are many many many threads considering the gmail/google account syncing.

My situation is a little bit different.

I have a google apps for business account and a brand new z10. MS Activesync should be available to paying gapps accounts and for free gapps accounts that have already activated the activesync (before the january deadline).

For me adding the google apps account for my Z10 doesn't work. Here are the settings I use:

Domain: empty (doesn't help if I add google, or m.google.com or my domain address here)
    Username: [email protected]
    passwd: my password
    server: m.google.com
    SSL: on
    Push: on

when I try to add the account, all I get is error:

"Service for account ([email protected])is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error code: 403]

I also have an iphone5 which connects to the account fine, I was able to connect with activesync when I had a free account. I changed from free to paid gapps account yesterday.
    02-20-13 06:52 AM
    I have a paid Google app account from University of Alberta and my mail pushes pretty good and I don't get error when adding. Just u don't know how to get calendar to work.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:56 AM
    One quick thing

The free accounts will only continue to work with the existing connection

A new connection on the free account with give you the error

GAPPS should be fine

That being said, look at the end all thread about calendars and setup your Google apps that way

Better calendar management

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:21 AM
    One quick thing

The free accounts will only continue to work with the existing connection

A new connection on the free account with give you the error

GAPPS should be fine

That being said, look at the end all thread about calendars and setup your Google apps that way

Better calendar management

Posted via CB10
    Well I would like to use ActiveSync as the CardDav and CalDav thingies seem to be little broken on BB10
    02-20-13 07:29 AM
    Check (or get the admin to check) the ActiveSync setup on the Google Apps config page for your domain.
    02-20-13 08:13 AM
    Check (or get the admin to check) the ActiveSync setup on the Google Apps config page for your domain.
    I checked and Google sync is enabled

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 01:14 PM
    Check your domain settings in your Google account. It may be waiting for you to authorize the device.

Once you authorize, rerun the setup on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 01:24 PM
    It must be a setup issue on the google server. Set up correctly it works fine.
    02-20-13 02:13 PM
    02-20-13 02:46 PM
    Yes. Doesn't work. I think I'll open a ticket to google

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 02:50 PM
    Got it fixed.

I started doing a support ticket to Google, and it has these questions.

There was a question that has the user done https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha with the new device. So I went to that URL and after that added the Gapps account and it added the account fine.
    02-20-13 11:56 PM
    Hi, I'm having the same error you had: "Service for account ([email protected])is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error code: 403]". How did you resolve it since I can't get it to work on the Q10. Thx for your help
    05-09-13 02:09 PM
    Hi Inffy,
    How soon after you went to that link were you able to set up your gapps account on your Z10? (Do you recall?)

I've waited a few minutes, and still get that Error Code 403 message.
    06-26-13 06:25 PM
    My paid Google Account works awesome with multiple calendars and all. Contact Google and your account administration for help, it is not the phone.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    06-26-13 06:49 PM
    The change from free to paid may be your issue here. When I did this it took a couple days before activesync worked again.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:08 PM
    Hey guys,

I have a paid account and I went back to IMAP on my Q10 cause I couldn't Invite participants to calendar appointments and couldn't switch email identities to reply from a non paid Gmail account when something was sent to my paid account. Does this all work now?
    06-26-13 07:12 PM
    I have the same problem at my university (minnesota) and am frustrated
    06-27-13 08:45 AM
    That issue occurs for free gmail accounts. Google has dropped activesync services for free email, however paid google apps for business users can still set-up active sync mail accounts on their phones.

Regards,
    Yiannis
    09-08-13 06:06 PM
    I cannot add participants on active sync with paid gmail account. I'm now using IMAP.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (Telus)
    10-22-13 05:09 AM
    On my brand new Z30 GAPPS setup as active sync is working like crap. Push emails sometimes work, other times don't. Even over wifi. I have sent out multiple test mails to myself and there is no consistent experience.

The worst part is that the calendar does not sync at all. None of the existing entries show up on the phone. When I create a new entry on the phone, it shows up online only half the time. Worst still, if I then modify this entry on the phone or on the computer, it no longer syncs.

I have noticed that this issue has popped up on my Z10 as well and calendar items has disappeared from there as well. I am not sure what the issue is here.

Can someone please help!
    11-13-13 12:05 AM
    I would delete your account, restart your device and then add a new IMAP account. You can still get immediate email that way, plus you will be able to add participants to the calendar and save battery life by adding a desired sync time. Also, make sure the account is the default one for calendar and such.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (Telus)
    11-13-13 07:01 AM