So I restarted the z10 and did a battery pull and made sure that wifi and gps were turned off to preserve battery but for some reason every time the phone is plugged into the charger it gets really hot and although it was on the red its been over two hours and has only charged 60 %!! What can I do to change this?
    04-19-13 11:09 PM
    Are you using the blackberry charger that came with the phone?
    See this thread also.
    04-19-13 11:14 PM
    Definitely using the charger that came with the phone. I know it's an issue using a different kind of charger.
    04-19-13 11:23 PM
    Ok, then read the thread I linked you too and if the issues persists, I would return to carrier and ask for a new one.
    Best of luck and let me know how this turns out for you!
    roguerebellions likes this.
    04-19-13 11:26 PM
    So I restarted the z10 and did a battery pull and made sure that wifi and gps were turned off to preserve battery but for some reason every time the phone is plugged into the charger it gets really hot and although it was on the red its been over two hours and has only charged 60 %!! What can I do to change this?
    First of all, you can't turn off the GPS.

Second of all, it sounds like something is causing excessive data usage which is draining your battery, causing your device to overheat, and charge slowly.

Put your phone in airplane mode to see if that speeds up the charging and cools down the battery. If so, then figure out why a you recently installed because most likely its the culprit.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-19-13 11:41 PM
    Are you certain that the BlackBerry Z10 charge cable is property seated in the USB port? I always double check because sometimes the cable is seated at a slight angle despite being, in my mind, pushed into the port at the corner 90 degree angle to the smartphone. Normal charge time for the BlackBerry Z10 is a couple of hours or thereabouts. I have not experienced the battery heating during recharge, not to discount your particular circumstances. Oh, are you charging the smartphone via the AC wall adapter or the USB port of your computer?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 02:32 AM
    Charging via access wall adapter. The battery itself gets hot, not the charger.
    04-20-13 01:11 PM
    So my phone was on full battery this morning and I've been on a 10 min phone call and answered a couple text and now the battery is on 50%!!! I recently downloaded Air Hockey apply and deleted today. Hopefully that resolves the issue.
    04-20-13 01:45 PM