My wife has recently decided to sync her Z10 with Outlook for her calendar and Contact list management. I've been doing this for years with my Z10, maybe a decade with a couple of Blackberrys, with little issue.

MY wife has a problem that I haven't had, though all settings I'm aware of are exactly the same. Many of her "all day" Outlook calendar listings (like birthdays) are showing up on the Blackberry as 2 day events. It turns out that they go to the Blackberry as starting at 11:00 PM the night of the correct day, and then have a duration of 24 hours. So, these listings will show up as partially existing on the correct day, and then for 23 hours of the next.

I can't figure out why this is happening. As I said, I've checked her settings in both Outlook, and her Z10, and they seem to be the same as mine. I'm sure it's a small thing I'm missing.

So, any ideas about what I'm missing, or what's going on?

Thanks guys.
    06-23-16 12:06 PM
    Check the time zone on her Z10. It may be off by 1 hour +/-, that may be why the :all-day" event starts at 11 the previous day and rolls into next day hence 2 day event.
    06-23-16 03:41 PM
    Thanks for helping out.

Yeah, the time zone was the first thing I tried. I've wondered about possible issues with daylight savings time, as I can't find any way to turn that on or off on the phone, which is often an option with apps and software. However, her phone has continued to show the correct time, as has the computer, so there doesn't seem to be a time discrepancy.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.
    06-23-16 04:27 PM
    In case someone else has the problem, I thought I'd tie up the thread.

We didn't find a solution as to why it was happening, or how to change all the listings. However, we noticed that if we changed the event on the Blackberry calendar to an all day event on the correct day, it stayed corrected, even when synced again.

A long, tedious solution to modify each one that had problems individually (like many with BB10), but seems to work.

Thanks for throwing in, Zephyr613. This was an unusual one, I think.
    06-24-16 05:50 PM
    Am i wrong, that she want to sync calendar on outlook to her bb? Have you tried to upload her BlackBerry calendar to her outlook.
    Just want to know is it reverseible problem or not.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 06:10 PM
    >>Have you tried to upload her BlackBerry calendar to her outlook. <<

She's syncing from Blackberry Link, which is set to sync both directions, but that's an interesting idea. We could have set it to sync one way, from the phone to Outlook, to see what would happen. It's interesting that when set to work both directions, it doesn't pay any attention to the fact that the phone converted some "all day" events in Outlook to two day events on the phone, so that they were then different. The next time she'd sync, it wouldn't change anything. I was a bit concerned that after changing the Blackberry, it would mess up Outlook, but both stayed as they were.

Now, she's not interested in trying to change any of them back, and syncing the other direction... "No way" was her reply. <g>

I can't figure out why only about a third were changed in the first place. Nothing different we could find about the Outlook entries that were changed, versus the ones that were not.

Anyway, interesting idea. If we have problems in the future, we might try that to see what happens.

Thanks.
    06-24-16 06:40 PM