Hi

I have been using a Z10 since a month but having on and off issues with my outgoing email. Even though all settings are correct, emails do not go out.

Anyone else face this issue?

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:23 PM
    What email provider and verify your settings to me please.
    04-26-13 09:44 PM
    I've had an issue with equal symbols showing up in my emails I send out via some IMAP accounts I have. Others have reported the same issue while others have had the same issue as you.

The leaked version of 10.1 resolved my issues with outbound mail. If you sit tight there's probably a good chance it will resolve your issues too when it's officially released.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:46 PM
    There have been issues with some users who use hosted email services. SMTP will not work. I can verify that this will be fixed with the upcoming 10.1 OS release.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-26-13 09:51 PM
    Yes, I had the same problem. Two POP3 email accounts on my Z10 - one for personal and one for work. The personal account worked fine all the time for sending and receiving, however the work account (the one I needed most) would not send at all - ever. Messages just stayed in outbox with no error message to indicate what the problem was. Had no trouble receiving work emails, though, although the Z10 kept marking messages as read even though I had not even viewed them!

Took this issue to Verizon who referred me to Blackberry Support directly. The tech at BB researched it and after a couple of days, wrote back to me to say that my problem was a known SMTP issue and a fix would be included in the "next update". Unfortunately, since Verizon is my carrier and they are already two updates behind as it is, I do not know if the BB tech meant that the fix would be included in one of the two overdue Verizon updates, or if by "next update" he meant a new update from BB that would have to also go through VZ for approval first, and would then make it their 3rd overdue update.

Unfortunately, I am returning my Z10. Very painful decision because I really really love many things about it, but the email sending issue, plus BB's failure to provide full and proper 2 way synchronization with Outlook, plus the terribly unreliable BB Maps program means that I do not have the reliable and dependable work tool that I need. Reactivating my old Storm II and hope that BB get these issues fixed in the near future - and before my Storm dies - and if they do, will revisit the Z10. If they don't get things updated and fixed and working properly within a reasonable time frame, I will have to choose another brand completely. Don't want to have to do that!!
    04-26-13 09:52 PM
    Emails are from a hosted domain. I have verified the settings with the provider as well and the settings are the same as my inbox client on my laptop. I get the 'time' symbol next to the emails sent. Have ran a couple of test emails to myself too and either they are not delivered at all or delivered after 24 hours.

Hoping the OS update takes care of this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:53 PM
    I'm not having any issues
    The reason is that there is a bug in recent versions of Z10 firmware that is mangling the SMTP message headers for some configurations. Blackberry is aware of it and is planning a fix.
    Which of the following email connection types are you using: POP, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync? If you go into the Accounts settings, it should show what type of account it is.
    04-26-13 09:55 PM
    Had no trouble receiving work emails, though, although the Z10 kept marking messages as read even though I had not even viewed them!
    Facing the same issue too. Had about 15 emails in my inbox and somehow they got marked as read. Don't know how this happened. Receiving emails is not an issue... sending them is.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:59 PM
    I'm not having any issues
    The reason is that there is a bug in recent versions of Z10 firmware that is mangling the SMTP message headers for some configurations. Blackberry is aware of it and is planning a fix.
    Which of the following email connection types are you using: POP, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync? If you go into the Accounts settings, it should show what type of account it is.
    It is a Pop account.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:00 PM
    Yes, I had the same problem. Two email accounts on my Z10 - one for personal and one for work. The personal account worked fine all the time for sending and receiving, however the work account (the one I needed most) would not send at all - ever. Messages just stayed in outbox with no error message to indicate what the problem was. Had no trouble receiving work emails, though, although the Z10 kept marking messages as read even though I had not even viewed them!

Took this issue to Verizon who referred me to Blackberry Support directly. The tech at BB researched it and after a couple of days, wrote back to me to say that my problem was a known issue and a fix would be included in the "next update". Unfortunately, since Verizon is my carrier and they are already two updates behind as it is, I do not know if the BB tech meant that the fix would be included in the one of the two overdue Verizon updates, or if by "next update" he meant a new update from BB that would have to also go through VZ for approval first, and would then make it their 3rd overdue update.

Unfortunately, I am returning my Z10. Very painful decision because I really really love many things about it, but the email sending issue, plus BB's failure to provide full and proper 2 way synchronization with Outlook, plus the terribly unreliable BB Maps program means that I do not have the reliable and dependable work tool that I need. Reactivating my old Storm II and hope that BB get these issues fixed in the near future - and before my Storm dies - and if they do, will revisit the Z10. If they don't get things updated and fixed and working properly within a reasonable time frame, I will have to choose another brand completely. Don't want to have to do that!!
    I feel your pain. For me my corporate mail worked perfectly fine, it was my personal email account the BB10 OS had trouble with. I felt very disenchanted when I ran into the issue. BlackBerry quality assurance let what is in my opinion a rather large deficiency slip through.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:00 PM
    I feel your pain. For me my corporate mail worked perfectly fine, it was my personal email account the BB10 OS had trouble with. I felt very disenchanted when I ran into the issue. BlackBerry quality assurance let what is in my opinion a rather large deficiency slip through.

Josh

Posted via CB10
    We will cry together... :-(
    04-26-13 10:09 PM
    You are definitely in the subset of users who were affected by the "bug". An expected update should resolve this.
    04-26-13 10:27 PM
    You are definitely in the subset of users who were affected by the "bug". An expected update should resolve this.
    Fair enough but I expect this subset to be fairy large. It affected me with my iCloud IMAP account. If BlackBerry is making in-roads with users like me as reports have suggested, there would be a lot of potential users with iCloud accounts.

Hopefully all carriers currently testing 10.1 pour the coals to their efforts so that all can enjoy!

Josh

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:06 AM
    Yes. Same issue. Now reboots too

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:30 AM
    The search function on this forum works very well.....

This is a known issue, and it has been fixed in OS 10.1 that will be released shortly.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:04 AM
    04-28-13 09:07 PM
    Hi
    I have the same issue trying to send emails - they just sit there with a clock next to them

Any idea when this will be fixed - I have only had the phone for a week and this is causing me serious grief

May have to ditch it and go back to HTC soon

John
    04-30-13 06:01 PM
    Hi
    I have the same issue trying to send emails - they just sit there with a clock next to them

Any idea when this will be fixed - I have only had the phone for a week and this is causing me serious grief

May have to ditch it and go back to HTC soon

John
    Hi John, most of these issues have been fixed in the upcoming 10.1 release of the software, you can find a few leaked versions on the forums.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:07 PM
    Yes it's an issue. Work around for me has been the excellent and free app K9. Although the emails do not appear in the Hub, the notifications do. To be perfectly honest I had exactly the same issue with my last two Android phones and my son has the same issue with his iPhone. Admittedly, my POP account is a bit unusual, still it does work off/on with the regular Z10 software so I fully expect it to be resolved with the next upgrade. Which is more than I can say for Android or iPhone. (On Android I had to use K9 full time).
    04-30-13 06:17 PM
    A 2nd Level Blackberry Tech -(revealed to be just below development) -in fact the outgoing email problem has existed with the Z10 since release and although believed to fixed in the current Blackberry Software release it has not yet been forwarded through in the US through Verizon.

The number of hours spent with technical support attempting to debug the problem is disgraceful.
    07-08-13 08:20 PM
    Just an update from my end -- since getting the 10.1 update from T-MO my POP account now works fine.
    07-09-13 04:35 AM