Changing camera lens providers? As in Carl Zeis? lol Interesting whatever it may or may not be
    I don't think it is anything interesting, just switched suppliers for business reasons.
    01-20-13 11:00 AM
    You could use the Seagate GoFlex Wireless External Hard Drive connected to the BlackBerry PlayBook via its own WiFi network to stream movies, music and presentations. I have not confirmed yet but there was an announcement from someone from Seagate posting to this forum about enabling the Seagate GoFlex to connect while not interfering with an existing WiFi network connection to your own network.
    Did a search on 'goflex' and did not find the post you referenced. This is really interesting and would like to find out more about this storage solution.
    I have the Goflex Seagate Wireless hard drive, and you can not have your device connected to a seperate wifi, other than the one created by the Goflex. Whether this will be something they implement in a software upgrade down the road, who knows. However, with DLNA capabilities, the wifi network doesn't matter. Just the other night, I used my Goflex hard drive and connected my GNex to it (using it's wifi), and then "beamed" the movie I wanted to watch (Flight) right to my Boxee Box, all via DLNA. As long as the BB10 has these capabilities as well, then it would be able to replicate this no problem.
    01-20-13 12:34 PM
    OP, gotta say.... I envy you :P. I did have fun wowing some friends with browsing the web on my playbook on a friend's parent's 1080p big-screen TV and showing off some of my photography, all sitting across the room with my 9810. The funny thing is that same friend has a playbook and a 9810 as well just never even thought of trying that out... I may be helping to adjust some network set-up stuff in that home in the near future to give better wifi reception for such a set-up :P.

Beyond that, you're just fueling the fire of desire in my being for the Z10
    SMocek likes this.
    01-20-13 04:37 PM
    When he walked into the room, one of our people asked if he needed to borrow a laptop to connect to the projector. He said, �No, I�ll just connect this.� He proceeded to whip out his PlayBook, connected it to the projector and conducted the entire presentation with his Bold 9900 as the remote control.

We had some high level people in there and their jaws just dropped.
    This is precisely the reaction I get when I do presentations! I even get people with newer BlackBerrys who have never even heard of the Bridge app who are completely surprised by the remote function.
    SMocek and BlackStormRising like this.
    01-20-13 07:59 PM
    Glad RIM is out there showing off the phone to government agencies now.
    01-20-13 08:00 PM
    All of my coworkers, except 2 that own BB's, clown me for having my 9900.....i cant wait to whip out my Z10 and crush all their iphone5 talk
    01-20-13 11:19 PM
    I would love to get X10 ASAP. My 9810 needs to go for retirement.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-21-13 02:45 AM
    This is precisely the reaction I get when I do presentations! I even get people with newer BlackBerrys who have never even heard of the Bridge app who are completely surprised by the remote function.
    I've tried to use the remote control function, but when it has a Powerpoint presentation on the Playbook, I can't get it to move on to the next slide. I'm sure I'm being thick, but how do you do that?
    01-21-13 04:29 AM
    I've tried to use the remote control function, but when it has a Powerpoint presentation on the Playbook, I can't get it to move on to the next slide. I'm sure I'm being thick, but how do you do that?

Well...you're not being thick since the remote function is not unlike the caramilk secret.

1. With your ppt file open on the playbook, open the Bridge app on your BlackBerry and scroll up to click on "Use remote control" (as you probably did).
    2. Hit the menu button on the phone and choose "Presenter" from the menu list.
    3. Your phone will go into presentation mode and you will be able to click on the Previous or Next slide arrows using the trackpad (or the touchscreen If you have one).
    Banco likes this.
    01-26-13 11:48 AM
    You are an officer and a gentleman, sir. Thank you ever so much.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-26-13 11:58 AM
35 12