I just was looking in my pictures folder and I have about 300 pictures that I didn't take. What is going on ?!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 11:55 AM
    I just was looking in my pictures folder and I have about 300 pictures that I didn't take. What is going on ?!

Posted via CB10
    Any naughty pictures?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    09-09-13 11:57 AM
    Haha anybody borrow your phone?

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-09-13 12:00 PM
    Clarify please. Are these actual "other photos", or are you seeing images, used by other applications (perhaps Android sideloads), that are showing in your pictures?
    09-09-13 12:01 PM
    Did you get pictures from WhatsApp? They are automatically saved on your device

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:28 PM
    Evernote will put a lot of extra pictures in you media folder.
    09-09-13 12:34 PM
    Is this like a cache? Why the hell would anyone want ever photo saved to their device if it's not just a cache?
    09-09-13 12:41 PM
    Haha.. some posts are funny lately..300? That's a lot for cache

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:02 PM
    Hey so I looked at the pics again and they were a lot of buildings, food and people. Then I realized that it was a huge cache for a travel app. It was surprising that the app would download 300 pics to my phone. They took over my recently added folder. Anyways I've deleted them and the app.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:36 PM
    Hey so I looked at the pics again and they were a lot of buildings, food and people. Then I realized that it was a huge cache for a travel app. It was surprising that the app would download 300 pics to my phone. They took over my recently added folder. Anyways I've deleted them and the app.

Posted via CB10
    I had exactly the same, albeit with only seven images. They too were of food and buildings and exotic locations.

Which app did yours come from? I didn't manage to identify the source (I could navigate to them in file Manager but the were in a folder called Misc) but I have had the odd travel app installed at various times. One was BlackBerry Travel, which I doubt caused this. The only other I can remember the name of was Tourist Eye.

Whatever the source it was very unnerving to have what appeared to be someone's holiday snaps in my picture app.
    09-15-13 07:39 AM
    If you so manage to find the source of the pictures, you have two choices
    Email the developer and tell then to include a .nomedia file in the source folder
    Or, if you know the location create a blank file called .nomedia

You can add a .nomedia file to any folder to have it excluded from the indexing of the pictures and video apps etc
    09-15-13 02:47 PM
    If you so manage to find the source of the pictures, you have two choices
    Email the developer and tell then to include a .nomedia file in the source folder
    Or, if you know the location create a blank file called .nomedia

You can add a .nomedia file to any folder to have it excluded from the indexing of the pictures and video apps etc
    It was only through reading here that I realised the photos probably did come from an app. Up to that point I was perplexed and somewhat concerned. Say they had been inappropriate for whatever reason, explaining to one's boss that you really had no idea where they came from would be tricky.

Even knowing the likely source of the rogue images I'm not best pleased. It never crossed my mind that an app would want access to my pictures so it could ADD items. I feel that the phone equivalent of my personal space has been invaded
    09-15-13 02:56 PM
    If you are using box and drop box. If someone syncs to your computer it CAN sometimes sync to your box and drop box as well. If they are directly in your camera folder then I can only assume your phone grew little legs and went out on the town and took photos of everyone and then came home really hungover and didn't remember.

Posted via SEGA master system
    09-15-13 03:06 PM
    If you are using box and drop box. If someone syncs to your computer it CAN sometimes sync to your box and drop box as well. If they are directly in your camera folder then I can only assume your phone grew little legs and went out on the town and took photos of everyone and then came home really hungover and didn't remember.

Yes I use Box and Dropbox but no one else syncs to my computer or had access to my phone.

The rogue images were not in the camera folder. (And while this may seem a funny problems, it really isn't.)
    09-15-13 03:16 PM
    Well it sure isn't a serious one.

09-15-13 06:55 PM
    Happened to me when syncing for first time

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:58 PM