This thread will serve two purposes. I can't get used to the new calendar and remember apps and also, I would like to upgrade to 10.2.1 but I can't afford to lose my contacts, appointments, passwords and memo entries in the process.

Thus I need a better alternative for Memopad, tasks and voice notes. I would like an alternative to the calendar if one exists. And in preparation for 10.2.1 I will need a Password Keeper solution I can sync to the cloud or at least export. For my contacts and calendar entries I will attempt to sync with Gmail which should do the trick.

I purchased Noted but it's not what I'm looking for. Is Evernote going o be the best option here? For password keeper alternatives I've heard of Enpass and Keypass but I haven't really followed up on it. Which would you recommend and is there any that can sync with a Box account?

Finally, do I need to worry about losing my BBM contacts with the 10.2.1 upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:16 PM
    You do not need to worry about BBM contacts those restore when you enter your BlackBerry id. The rest I will leave to people more qualified than me to answer.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:09 AM
    Do a full backup of you're phone and restore it after you update it. It will backup all your data. I suggest you save your contacts to your sim. I find it better to have them saved there in case you ever have to switch devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:40 AM
    I installed the latest leak today. Made sure I backed everything up beforehand and my passwords (in password keeper), all my contacts and my settings were all there once I restored my data. Talking about being surprised and happy. While it took a while for the backup, installation and restoration, I was very pleased with the results.

In the different strokes for different folks category, I'm surprised you don't like the calendar and password keeper. Both work really well for me. But again, what works for one doesn't necessarily mean it works for someone else.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:53 AM
    Password Keeper itself is fine. I often have trouble cutting and pasting information whenever I have to send a customer their password but that's more of an annoyance than anything else. The only major downside to Password Keeper is that I can't export the DB (I don't trust BB Link) and/or backup the information to the cloud and access it from a PC or other device. This I can live with though. The main reason I'm searching for an alternative is just in case the restore doesn't work after the jump to 10.2.1. I can't afford to lose the entries.

The calendar app is a real pain in the you know what! First off I can never select the right time when tapping on an open time to create a new appointment. For example, if I try to select 1pm I'll get 1:30. Then I have to go into the scroll menu to select the right time. Secondly, if I have to create an entry for a future date/time I have to scroll linearly through every single day until arriving at the desired date. That's fine for an appointment a couple of days in the future or even a week from now but how about an appointment for next month or worse next year? Third, the hour and minute entries on the scroll menu wrap around. This drives me insane because I have to go slow or else I'll miss the right entry. I fail to understand why you don't have the option of just typing in the entry to save some time. Or at least make it so it doesn't wrap around! If I want to set a Birthday reminder for midnight I want to flick it up and have it stop at 12am. If I want to set a reminder for later tonight to remind me before I go to bed about an early appointment/chore for tomorrow I want to flick down all the way and then scroll up two to 10pm to set the reminder. This saves time. This was one of the strengths of the legacy BlackBerry devices (shaving off seconds everywhere). Anyway that another conversation for another day.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:05 AM
    Wait you were able to restore on top of the 10.2.1 OS? I've heard that this is not possible...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:07 AM