Since no real changelog (that i know of) lets post our findings of the new features and fixes for OS 10.0.10.85 update

As Kevin pointed out:

- Phone Notifications in bedside mode

I found that the typing bubble (not sure official name) for corrections is way easier to grab and move... I had trouble before but touching anywhere on it now seems to work real well.

Go...
    02-28-13 05:17 PM
    Google calendar syncs perfectly set up using the email, calendar, contacts setup. Picks up all the calendars in my account.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:21 PM
    BlackBerry Remember has proper Cascades implementation now - previously you weren't able to swipe back between pages unless you held the Back button at the bottom.
    elGuapoTorres and Just Me like this.
    02-28-13 05:23 PM
    Is the calendar fixed???

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:26 PM
    When listening to music the volume no longer stays lowered. It lowers letting you know you have a notification then returns to normal

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:26 PM
    Cascades does work in remember when you go to the first list page but once you open a memo it does not swipe back from there. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:28 PM
    They fixed the text message lag.

Before: sending a text it would take about a second or two for the field to clear the the text to show up as sent. If you typed your second message before it cleared the field, you'd have to go back to the hub then back in to the message and restart your second message.

Now: the field is cleared instantly and you can start your next message right away.

I'm so glad they fixed this, it was driving me crazy
    02-28-13 05:29 PM
    Before the update I had pics and pic folders that wouldn't delete, and some pics that were blacked out in folders but I could select the blacked out area and view the pics. Tried restarts and battery pulls, but it never fixed it. Everything seems working fine now.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-28-13 05:30 PM
    Google calendar syncs perfectly set up using the email, calendar, contacts setup. Picks up all the calendars in my account.

Posted via CB10
    Does that mean there's no need for the sync app in BBW?

Posted via CB10
    bribert likes this.
    02-28-13 05:30 PM
    Phone Notifications in bedside mode
    Whenever i put my phone in Bedside mode and let it sit over night, my phone would be bugged out to all **** when I woke up, normally resulting in me either a) restarting it or b) fighting to find where the OS thought the X was in order to exit Clock. I hope this is fixed, I guess i'll find out tomorrow morning!
    02-28-13 05:31 PM
    Cascades does work in remember when you go to the first list page but once you open a memo it does not swipe back from there. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Working fine for me even when editing memo's, that's odd.
    Scooter68 and bribert like this.
    02-28-13 05:33 PM
    They fixed the text message lag.

Before: sending a text it would take about a second or two for the field to clear the the text to show up as sent. If you typed your second message before it cleared the field, you'd have to go back to the hub then back in to the message and restart your second message.

Now: the field is cleared instantly and you can start your next message right away.

I'm so glad they fixed this, it was driving me crazy
    When texting it still leaves the text messages open in the hub when you go back in later.

This drives me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    PrimalYeti likes this.
    02-28-13 05:35 PM
    Compared to the 10.0.10.648 leak, diddly squat. But, I haven't exactly been searching for differences between the two.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:36 PM
    Working fine for me even when editing memo's, that's odd.
    Let me clarify... when I go into a memo for editing it will allow me to swipe back to peak but it will not leave the screen, just bounces back to the left.

Yes very odd if your works.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:39 PM
    Does that mean there's no need for the sync app in BBW?

Posted via CB10
    Yep! It shows all your calendars with read/write ability, even if you have more than one in your Google account. You have to be using IMAP and not active sync though. I had to delete my account and add it as IMAP again, because I had it set up using Active Sync, and only had access to my main calendar.
    02-28-13 05:41 PM
    Let me clarify... when I go into a memo for editing it will allow me to swipe back to peak but it will not leave the screen, just bounces back to the left.

Posted via CB10
    That's how it's supposed to be so that you don't accidentally swipe it off when you're working on it. You have to either save or cancel to exit from the editing page. It makes sense that they would not let you leave through a swipe. The ability to peek even while editing is clever.
    02-28-13 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh my bad, I didn't test it that far - looks like it does bounce back. My guess is that's done on purpose to avoid losing any changes you might've made.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    02-28-13 05:43 PM
    Similarly to the pictures application, the music application cover art issue is also fixed.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres and Scooter68 like this.
    02-28-13 05:44 PM
    Yep! It shows all your calendars with read/write ability, even if you have more than one in your Google account. You have to be using IMAP and not active sync though. I had to delete my account and add it as IMAP again, because I had it set up using Active Sync, and only had access to my main calendar.
    Ah, I use this 'fix': https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect?pli=1
    That works for EAS too.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:45 PM
    That's how it's supposed to be so that you don't accidentally swipe it off when you're working on it. You have to either save or cancel to exit from the editing page. It makes sense that they would not let you leave through a swipe. The ability to peek even while editing is clever.
    I agree with you if you have added text etc. to it, but I use them just for reference a lot I just think that without changing anything you should be able to swipe out. No biggie tho.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:48 PM
    Custom *message* notification per contact is new.

Only custom ringtone was available per contact in retail OS release.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-28-13 05:49 PM
    I agree with you if you have added text etc. to it, but I use them just for reference a lot I just think that without changing anything you should be able to swipe out. No biggie tho.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but like you said, it's not a big issue its the proper cascades behavior btw. If you reply to a thread in the crackberry app and try to swipe back from the reply window, it does the same thing. You can peek, but you can't leave unless you cancel or post, which makes sense
    02-28-13 05:50 PM
    The swapping between landscape and portrait mode is MUCH faster now.
    Gmail calendar two way syncing works fine.
    02-28-13 05:52 PM
    In Setting, Security and Privacy, there is Encryption now. I don't remember seeing that before, i could be mistaken tho.
    02-28-13 05:52 PM
    Minor item fixed. If an app had a text field for numeric entry and preselected the number/punctuation keyboard, data entry was a bit sluggish and could drop keystrokes. That's been fixed.

(Very few apps do this so it's not something almost anyone would even have noticed. )

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    02-28-13 05:53 PM
147 123 ...