@Can you run netflix on. Thats just mean... Funny, but mean!
    The truth comes out. It was a "Special" apk after all.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:09 AM
    does it fix the POP email isssues??
    02-27-13 09:09 AM
    LawGuyMan bless you man. I may try to load this during lunch. Great new features.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:14 AM
    LawGuyMan bless you man. I may try to load this during lunch. Great new features.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I need it!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:16 AM
    This has some new features?

There is now an option to receive phone calls when in bedside mode.

There are now options for custom notifications for each contact.

Were these present in earlier versions?

Posted via CB10
    Where are you seeing this option to receive phone calls when in bedside mode? I don't see that...
    02-27-13 09:20 AM
    If the Playbook updates this way to "official" updates then I have a hard time understanding why you're so confident that it will be any different with BB10.

I just happen to think that this is the kind of thing that turns people off to a product. One of the things that I really love about my Android device is app installs/updates and OS updates are in a different universe compared to my legacy BBOS device which was massively frustrating in that regard.

If we can't be objective about both the advantages and challenges in a platform, we will end up right back where Lazaridis and Balsillie had this platform a couple years ago.
    You're comparing apples and oranges. This isn't an "update" for an existing OS, it's a complete leaked build, and likely an internal one that isn't intended for release.

On the Dev Alpha there were a few minor updates that didn't require the kind of full backup and restore that this does.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:20 AM
    Where are you seeing this option to receive phone calls when in bedside mode? I don't see that...
    Open the clock. Swipe down from the top. Go to Clock Settings. It is there.

Posted via CB10
    CeeXTwo and DX9 like this.
    02-27-13 09:21 AM
    Open the clock. Swipe down from the top. Go to Clock Settings. It is there.

Posted via CB10

Sweet! Thanks...
    02-27-13 09:25 AM
    Click Clock Icon
    Click Alarm Clock
    swipe down from top and pick Clock Settings
    and you will see "Phone Calls in Bedside Mode" where you can toggle it on and off.

It even works

When it is toggled off, you don't hear the ringer, but the screen will show the call coming in.
    02-27-13 09:25 AM
    This has some new features?

There are now options for custom notifications for each contact.

Were these present in earlier versions?

Posted via CB10
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there was custom notifications for different contacts already, but this wasn't working for text messages. Does it work for text messages now?
    edriss likes this.
    02-27-13 09:27 AM
    Click Clock Icon
    Click Alarm Clock
    swipe down from top and pick Clock Settings
    and you will see "Phone Calls in Bedside Mode" where you can toggle it on and off.

It even works

When it is toggled off, you don't hear the ringer, but the screen will show the call coming in.
    So much complaining about these things. Now they are fixed. What will people complain about now?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-27-13 09:27 AM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there was custom notifications for different contacts already, but this wasn't working for text messages. Does it work for text messages now?
    I dunno. There is now an option for Messages Notification Tone. Was that there before?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:30 AM
    I dunno. There is now an option for Messages Notification Tone. Was that there before?

Posted via CB10
    Yup
    02-27-13 09:32 AM
    I am in the process of applying this update and it seems to be taking a long time - currently, there is an open MS DOS looking box that first indicates "Connecting to Bootrom;" and then "Resetting Device". It has been on Resetting Device for about 10 or 15 minutes. The LED has been flashing red. Is this normal?
    02-27-13 09:37 AM
    anyone get a:

your device could not be registered with blackberry infrastructure because of error (0)

yes i have a STL100-3 device on Rogers

wifi says it's connected.. bahh
    02-27-13 09:39 AM
    I am in the process of applying this update and it seems to be taking a long time - currently, there is an open MS DOS looking box that first indicates "Connecting to Bootrom;" and then "Resetting Device". It has been on Resetting Device for about 10 or 15 minutes. The LED has been flashing red. Is this normal?
    Not normal. The whole process should only take about 10 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    try manually restarting...
    Guys,

I followed all the steps to the T...but my device seems to be stuck at the software update screen. I now have the message that states registration failed (Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure because of error(0)

I only have the option to Turn off or Retry.....

Anyone face this issue or have any insights on what to do about this? I'd really appreciate the help.
    02-27-13 09:40 AM
    maybe they disconnected us somehow... just got the same error!

it does say it's a dev build.. 10.0.10.648 DEV
    02-27-13 09:41 AM
    just found out that i can bypass the software update error if I pulled out the sim and then started up the phone ....

looks like there is some network based tom foolery going on.... im on T-Mo and the phone's not launched here yet....

Gonna pop the sim back in, pray hard and then turn on again....

Godspeed me.....

UPDATE

Managed to get the phone working again with the sim back in.... Im gonna try restoring my back-up now.

Again - Godspeed....me
    Last edited by PN009; 02-27-13 at 09:52 AM. Reason: update
    knowledge_6 likes this.
    02-27-13 09:46 AM
    just found out that i can bypass the software update error if I pulled out the sim and then started up the phone ....

looks like there is some network based tom foolery going on.... im on T-Mo and the phone's not launched here yet....

Godspeed me.....

UPDATE

Managed to get the phone working again with the sim back in.... Im gonna try restoring my back-up now.

Again - Godspeed....me
    I'm on T-Mo too, so I'm just let you ride this out for us...thanks!
    02-27-13 09:54 AM
    When you install the update OTA it does not wipe the device.
    I installed the 10.0.10.32 update from the settings menu and it didn't wipe my device.
    So maybe it is a problem with unofficial updates, since installing OTA updates requires no wiping and restoring. It just installs and everything is there.
    What carrier are you on that gave you 10.0.10.32 OTA?
    02-27-13 09:55 AM
    I think the OTA updates don't do that. BB OS Updates in the past did not wipe the whole phone OTA.
    02-27-13 10:00 AM

Godspeed me.....

UPDATE

Again - Godspeed....me
    did this too and it worked as well..u beat me to it
    PN009 likes this.
    02-27-13 10:03 AM
    After a few hours with this OS, it looks like my battery is draining slower than usual
    02-27-13 10:05 AM
387 ... 34567 ...