Anyone on Orange or T-Mobile UK get a call for a free transfer over to EE and 4G connectivity? If not yet, it might happen soon. I got my Z10 on Orange for �36 a month, 600 mins, 1GB data and unlimited texts. Today Orange called me and offered an upgrade to 4GEE with unlimited calls and unlimited texts. I forgot to ask about data but as it's 4G that might be increased. But either way I got 4G functionality and bumped up minutes to unlmited all for the same price of �36. WOOOOO! Cheered me up no end.
    02-27-13 10:38 AM
    That's because Orange bought out T-Mobile and ditched the names, then called it all "EE - Everything Everywhere". So that's why they can transfer to "another" provider.
    02-27-13 11:54 AM
    Yeh i got a call from Tmobile who offered to change me to the 4G network but i told them i wasnt interested as firstly, EE are stupid expensive for their 4G plans and what data limit they give you. Secondly 4G isnt all that widely available yet in the whole of the UK so ill wait till it becomes a bit more better coverage wise.

Hopefully with 3 and Voda soon putting out their new 4G networks, im hoping the prices will come down.
    Crowezine likes this.
    02-27-13 11:57 AM
    That's because Orange bought out T-Mobile and ditched the names, then called it all "EE - Everything Everywhere". So that's why they can transfer to "another" provider.
    I'm aware. They didn't have to give me a �41 tariff for �36 though.
    02-27-13 12:39 PM
    Yeh i got a call from Tmobile who offered to change me to the 4G network but i told them i wasnt interested as firstly, EE are stupid expensive for their 4G plans and what data limit they give you. Secondly 4G isnt all that widely available yet in the whole of the UK so ill wait till it becomes a bit more better coverage wise.

Hopefully with 3 and Voda soon putting out their new 4G networks, im hoping the prices will come down.
    It's not stupid expensive if I'm paying the same as when as I was Orange XD
    02-27-13 12:40 PM
    And they lock you into a longer term contract.
    Honestly, there's no way most people should be renewing with Orange/TMobile/EE.
    If you get 3 signal in your area, 3 will be providing unlimited LTE later this year for no extra cost.
    Can't beat that.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    02-27-13 12:43 PM
    It's not stupid expensive if I'm paying the same as when as I was Orange XD
    I was talking about people taking out new contracts on EE and they are expensive for the data limits you get.

As for your contract, thats not bad but you should find out how much data you are getting, wouldnt be surprised if it was something stupid like 500mb
    02-27-13 12:48 PM
    I read a lot about this happening, EE are trying to lock people into longer 4G contracts as the other operators are getting 4G later this year and will likely offer better tariffs.
    02-27-13 12:53 PM
    And they lock you into a longer term contract.
    Honestly, there's no way most people should be renewing with Orange/TMobile/EE.
    If you get 3 signal in your area, 3 will be providing unlimited LTE later this year for no extra cost.
    Can't beat that.
    They didn't renew my contract and even if they did, for most people it'd be a few weeks post upgrade or new contract anyway.
    02-27-13 01:11 PM
    I was talking about people taking out new contracts on EE and they are expensive for the data limits you get.

As for your contract, thats not bad but you should find out how much data you are getting, wouldnt be surprised if it was something stupid like 500mb
    Yes that's true but you mentioned it as a reason why you, personally, didn't partake.

The data limit is the same as what I was getting on Orange (I have now asked). 1GB. It's not great but considering that I was getting that before, there's no reason for complaint, especially since whichever included add-on I choose (will probably go with mobile TV) doesn't come out of the data limit.
    02-27-13 01:14 PM
    Actually when you move out of 4g coverage the 3g takes over so you're always connected also T-Mobile and orange merged, big difference.
    02-27-13 01:39 PM
    It is when you're in coverage, yes. What's your point?
    02-27-13 01:41 PM
    They didn't renew my contract and even if they did, for most people it'd be a few weeks post upgrade or new contract anyway.
    I'm almost certain if you check you'll find they did in fact extend your contract.
    And they're targetting a lot of people about 12 months into a 24 month plan.
    Seeing as how, as I said, a lot of networks will be offering much better deals in a few months, with more 4G data.
    Carriers do nothing out of the goodness of their heart!
    02-27-13 01:45 PM
    Well I just got a brand new contract for 24 months anyway a few weeks ago. So in my case it's not a problem, but you're right, others may want to take note.
    02-27-13 03:59 PM
    Well I just got a brand new contract for 24 months anyway a few weeks ago. So in my case it's not a problem, but you're right, others may want to take note.
    If you got a brand new contract a few weeks ago and they upgraded you for the same price to 4G with the same data allowance that's a sweet deal.
    02-27-13 04:04 PM
    My resposnse was to the poster who said the coverage wasnt wide in the UK, I'm saying its worth it anyway as you still have data coverage as the
    3g takes over, youre hardly ever out of coverage with t-mobile/orange/ EE in the uk, they have very good coverage .
    02-27-13 04:28 PM
    If you got a brand new contract a few weeks ago and they upgraded you for the same price to 4G with the same data allowance that's a sweet deal.
    Yeah, that's why I'm happy XD
    02-27-13 04:58 PM
    My resposnse was to the poster who said the coverage wasnt wide in the UK, I'm saying its worth it anyway as you still have data coverage as the
    3g takes over, youre hardly ever out of coverage with t-mobile/orange/ EE in the uk, they have very good coverage .
    Ah I see. Sorry for misunderstanding you. There's a lot of negativity on this board lately and it's easy tomget the wrong end of the stick lol. And yeah, you're right. I'm very happy with the deal.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-27-13 05:00 PM
    No worries, I know what you mean about the negativity.
    02-27-13 05:36 PM
    Hopefully contracts will cheapen further on in the year. It's just companies like EE that think "4G" is the most desired connection ever- not when you charge so much.
    02-28-13 01:55 AM
    Yeah they do harge an awful lot if you sign up with them from the getgo.

Would have cost me �50 to buy the handset too if I'd signed up to this tariff from the getgo.

4G is going to have to make me watch the battery. But I'll probably get a spare anyway and make sure to only enable it when I need to.
    02-28-13 09:49 AM
    I was only halfway through my Orange 24 month contract with a Bold 9900 when i heard I could upgrade to the Z10 for free if I signed up to EE. Obvioulsy, this is irrelevent to them, being as they own them, but I looked into it, and within 48hrs had been to the EE shop, and had my new phone.

Of course, it was conditional. I had to hand my old handset in, and sign for another 24 months, but contract are generally that now, and an actual upgrade to the Z10 only 12 months in would have cost me well over �200. The tariff is �5 more per month, yes, but - and this is, of course, only personally - I get 4G where I work in London, and most of the time where I live, which is in Hertfordshire.

Personally, I have no complaints, and a brand-new Z10 which, thus far, rocks.
    02-28-13 10:00 AM
    I was only halfway through my Orange 24 month contract with a Bold 9900 when i heard I could upgrade to the Z10 for free if I signed up to EE. Obvioulsy, this is irrelevent to them, being as they own them, but I looked into it, and within 48hrs had been to the EE shop, and had my new phone.

Of course, it was conditional. I had to hand my old handset in, and sign for another 24 months, but contract are generally that now, and an actual upgrade to the Z10 only 12 months in would have cost me well over �200. The tariff is �5 more per month, yes, but - and this is, of course, only personally - I get 4G where I work in London, and most of the time where I live, which is in Hertfordshire.

Personally, I have no complaints, and a brand-new Z10 which, thus far, rocks.
    I should also add I got a 6G data limit per month also, which should suffice...
    02-28-13 10:02 AM
    Took out a new contract with Orange the week the Z10 came out, albeit through Phones4U.

Shame I haven't had a call offering similar, as I believe the Z10 I have is the non 4G model and I wouldn't mind the choice of 4G at some point if I wished.

Saying that, I've had a Vodafone sim card in on week days so I could well have missed a call! I doubt it though.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 10:08 AM
    Took out a new contract with Orange the week the Z10 came out, albeit through Phones4U.

Shame I haven't had a call offering similar, as I believe the Z10 I have is the non 4G model and I wouldn't mind the choice of 4G at some point if I wished.

Saying that, I've had a Vodafone sim card in on week days so I could well have missed a call! I doubt it though.

Posted via CB10
    I picked up a Z10 offline in phones 4 u the other day and its definitely a 4G model, in fact in my network settings i can choose between 4G and 3G or 2G. Only thing is that im not on a 4G plan, im with tmo rolling 12mth sim which im happy with...�21 a mth for unlimited everything including data.

It might be that their contract phones are locked down but its highly unlikely.

Check by going into your network connections then choose mobile network and you should see options to change between 4G , 3G and 2G if you want.
    02-28-13 10:16 AM
29 12