I currently have an at&t galaxy note 2 and I'm thinking of trading it for an at&t blackberry z10. Is the z10 worth trading for? How is the z10 on a day to day use? My main issue is battery life,since the note 2 has a huge 3100mah battery I don't worry about recharging my battery at all. With the bbz10 and its 1800mah battery how does it hold up? I've seen mixed emotions on battery life with the z10. A couple people would say its good and others say its bad. So all in all I really like to try out blackberry's redesign o.s. and lastly how's the speaker/sound quality on the z10? On the note 2 since being a huge phone it inputs really loud audio.
    05-26-13 02:08 AM
    I currently have an at&t galaxy note 2 and I'm thinking of trading it for an at&t blackberry z10. Is the z10 worth trading for? How is the z10 on a day to day use? My main issue is battery life,since the note 2 has a huge 3100mah battery I don't worry about recharging my battery at all. With the bbz10 and its 1800mah battery how does it hold up? I've seen mixed emotions on battery life with the z10. A couple people would say its good and others say its bad. So all in all I really like to try out blackberry's redesign o.s. and lastly how's the speaker/sound quality on the z10? On the note 2 since being a huge phone it inputs really loud audio.
    Welcome to the CB forums,

TBH the responses you get here will be biased towards the Z10. However being a past owner of a GS3 I'll be able to attest to some comparisons. Battery life will be significally different, however that being said, on 10.1 i've been able to squeeze 16hrs of heavy usage out of my Z10. Speaker and sounds quality are quite improved from past BB devices, however comparing to the last GS3 i owned, I would have to say it is just a little below par with it. All in all the Z10 really is a great device. Between the constant fun of flashing the newest leaks, and sideloading android applications that aren't ported into the app world already. 10.2 updates are also going to bring the Android Runtime Enviroment to Jellybean 4.2.2, even higher than the 4.1.2 your Note2 has
    marcieevee likes this.
    05-26-13 02:37 AM
    The note 2 is a tough customer to go up against. Honestly, the change is personal preference. You are going to sacrifice screen size and battery size, but at the same time you are getting the BlackBerry 10 OS, a great camera, notification light, a hub, an amazing interface that breathes multitasking.

Obviously BlackBerry is still working out the kinks with this phone and the choice is yours, BUT if you need and want security/multitasking fluidity/max productivity then go with the Z10
    marcieevee likes this.
    05-26-13 02:37 AM
    I can't comment on the Note 2. But what I will say is that with the Z10 (or any blackberry for that matter), you'll get the hang of doing things quickly, and once you do. It'll be tough to go back

My friends are always commenting that I'm too quick to text back.

As mentioned previously, it's a size preference. But depending on your usage the Battery "life" will vary. There are options for additional batteries and larger capacity batteries too.

Posted via CB10
    marcieevee likes this.
    05-26-13 02:48 AM
    Hey,

Coming from a Galaxy note, I personally do not miss it at all. Really it will depend vastly on what YOU use your phone for. If you are big on new apps, games etc.. the z10 may not be the proper fit as of now. However, one thing you WILL NOT miss is the cumbersome size of the note 2. You maybe saying that it doesnt bother you as of now, but trust me once you go back to a more normal sized phone.. It becomes apparent fast(it did to me at least).

I find the build quality and overall user experience to be second to none on the Z10. Never have run into laggy response time, most of the sideloaded apps I need work better on my z10 than they did on the note- may sound strange but very true.

Overall, if you havent touched the Z10 yet, you should at least go in and check it out. for yourself. Keep in mind the OS is still maturing being so new, but if you are a power user it maybe right up your ally.
    R Field and marcieevee like this.
    05-26-13 03:02 AM
    Thanks for the honest opinions guys. From what you guys are saying though looks like I'm moving towards making a switch to a blackberry z10 device. since the note 2 does have a huge screen I will probably miss it but will slowly adapt to the 4.2 inch screen on the z10. Again though my main issue is battery life I'm loving the huge 3100mah battery I can constantly do things without having to worry about low or recharging my battery
    05-26-13 03:05 AM
    Hey,

Coming from a Galaxy note, I personally do not miss it at all. Really it will depend vastly on what YOU use your phone for. If you are big on new apps, games etc.. the z10 may not be the proper fit as of now. However, one thing you WILL NOT miss is the cumbersome size of the note 2. You maybe saying that it doesnt bother you as of now, but trust me once you go back to a more normal sized phone.. It becomes apparent fast(it did to me at least).

I find the build quality and overall user experience to be second to none on the Z10. Never have run into laggy response time, most of the sideloaded apps I need work better on my z10 than they did on the note- may sound strange but very true.

Overall, if you havent touched the Z10 yet, you should at least go in and check it out. for yourself. Keep in mind the OS is still maturing being so new, but if you are a power user it maybe right up your ally.

Thanks for the honost opinion.. as far as apps all I really need is a twitter app and a YouTube app.I know there's no native YouTube app and the one that comes with the phone is just a link that takes you to the mobile browser YouTube.I'll probably do some sideloading lol.has anybody side loaded the android YouTube app?
    05-26-13 03:11 AM
    Thanks for the honest opinions guys. From what you guys are saying though looks like I'm moving towards making a switch to a blackberry z10 device. since the note 2 does have a huge screen I will probably miss it but will slowly adapt to the 4.2 inch screen on the z10. Again though my main issue is battery life I'm loving the huge 3100mah battery I can constantly do things without having to worry about low or recharging my battery
    Depending how heavy of a user you are, you will notice the difference at first. On the other side of that coin though, you will find that you accomplish your overall task(s) ALOT faster. Thus less full "on" time is needed. I personally can get all day/night on a single charge, and from what I understand there are higher capacity batteries on the way that will not alter the size of the phones backing (as of now they are all china made and would be cautious- but in time). As for the reduction in screen size, it took me a day, and honestly would never look back. .The keyboard alone makes up for the size difference being so accurate, and even enhancing itself as you use it- adapting to your overall style of typing.

Try one out, and dont let the negativity around the name fool you- this is a great phone IMHO
    05-26-13 03:18 AM
    A real phone I will suggest Z 10.

A multimedia phone. I will suggest note 2. I use it for video streaming mainly. But work wise it's. Not as good as Z 10.

All depending in your needs

Thank you and Welcome
    05-26-13 03:52 AM
    Can you look at the HTC One? It might be the best compromise, as its currently thought to be the best overall smartphone around at the moment.
    05-26-13 03:54 AM
    I had a Note 2 and the battery is fantastic and I enjoyed rooting it and playing with the great custom ROM's that are available on the xda site.

But I found it cumbersome to use as my daily driver. The phone is just to dam big for me. The z10 is about the perfect size for me and the keyboard and messaging capabilities are rivaled by none.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:57 AM
    The biggest thing is the screen size, I left the S3 to get the Z10....you might miss that.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    05-26-13 04:13 AM
    galaxy note was a nightmare for me. i wasted so much time for its responses. slow email, slow web-surfing, slow typing, everything is slow slow slow.
    don't know what's changes on note 2. but i would never come back to samsung, which i had been using for almost 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:01 AM
    Z10 all the way.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:06 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=804652

There is a link to my opinions after coming from the android to the Z10.

In reality though you are talking about comparing a sports car to an SUV. More than anything its going to come down to what you need your phone to do and what you expect out of it.

As far as battery is concerned the Z10 battery is ok IMO its not great, its not crummy, its average. The battery will make it through an average day of use for me without a recharge (12 hour day). Keep in mind though I have noticed if i get to playing any of the awesome games for the z10 the battery starts to go pretty quick. Hope the CB community can help you, dont forget to ask the same question over at android central so they can give you their side of the story.
    05-26-13 06:52 AM
    I used to be a BB fan but evantually switched to Androids due to the multitude of applications. Battery life for Note 2 is okay after Jellybean updates.
    05-26-13 07:15 AM
    I spent time with both the GS4 and the HTC One recently and I really have to say that especially the GS4 felt like pure garbage compared to the Z10. It doesn't feel good in the hand, the screen is notably dim and the whole UX feels very arcade and unpolished. Considering it was at least the GS4, the Note 2 can be nothing but worse.

Honestly, after testing both the GS4 and the One I'm happy with my decision to go with the Z10 like never before. Not to mention the GS3 and the One X+. Those two guys feel like nothing but a joke compared to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:30 AM
    I can't comment on the note 2, but I can tell you as a S4 owner (and past z10 owner) that the z10 isn't in the same class. Not saying that the z10 won't improve with updates, but as of today blackberry isn't quite there. The hub is great, but outside of that feature I can't think of anything else that the z10 has over android or ios. When I left my z10, I did (however) miss the keyboard, that was until my sister told me to download SwiftKey. If you can find a z10 for sale I say go for it, but I wouldn't waste an up grade on it. I would try and hold out for the next flagship touchscreen blackberry.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-26-13 08:25 AM
    Thanks for everything guys.I think I've made my decision and I'll be making the switch to a blackberry z10 device
    JTon and NightSlayer like this.
    05-26-13 10:04 AM
    I traded my note for the z10 and it's a mixed bag for me. The note 2 is a better device in almost all aspects except the z10 just feels more comfortable to use. From the sie to the os to the hardware buttons I'm not really missing my note save for the apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:17 AM
    If you can wait I would until more bugs are flushed out and then give it a try.
    05-26-13 10:22 AM
    I just got me the new z10 from verizon and I also spend an additional $50 for a new seidio 2600mah extended battery cover and now I have 4400mah phone with 84gb of storage I love it phone lasts all day and then some on a heavy use.
    05-29-13 08:55 PM
    Another thing to keep in mind is the z10 takes time to grow on you. As an ex-android user I felt a bit of buyers remorse during the initial weeks. But sowly and surely I began to truly love this device

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:48 PM
    Another thing to keep in mind is the z10 takes time to grow on you. As an ex-android user I felt a bit of buyers remorse during the initial weeks. But sowly and surely I began to truly love this device

Posted via CB10
    +1
    05-29-13 11:02 PM
    I recently traded the note 2 for the z10. I have buyers remorse until I see the hub. Outside of that and one handed ergonomics, the note 2 is an amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:31 PM