Boss!! Change is life!! You should be very happy that all the shortcomings of the OS have been properly addressed till date by BlackBerry and that's the point you should be highlighting and not the against of it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:57 PM
    But I don't see much problems with other devices, I don't dare to say no problem though I just say that they doesn't have so much issues with their phone compared to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Well then you're not hanging around the right iOS users. I have a colleague of mine who complains about his 5S on the daily. His only reason for not leaving is that he's fully integrated in the Apple universe i.e. iPad, Macs, iPod's for the kids, iPhones

He tells me everyday, email on an iPhone is ****, battery life isn't as good as the Z10 he has for business (yup he has a Z10 for business) . My other buddies 5S shutdown when it's too cold outside! We live in Canada, good luck with that one bud!

They have issues just as we have them. The only difference is those platforms manage to fix some but create more. I've yet to have what I consider, a bad OS update for my Z10, call it luck or what you will but I love the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:05 PM
    I never experience any of those issues except conversation length one. There are apps that can export them for you as well.

The phone takes a long time to start because it checks all software/OS digital signatures for any tampering. They could cut it down I'm sure but the security benefit trumps it for BlackBerry.

I think it is an excellent phone compared to other options and I do use for business and personal.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

I find it amazing that people still complain about boot time... and now for BB10. BB7 and below sometimes used to take 10 minutes long sometimes. This boot time is completely fine and normal. It's loading all necessary resources into ram as well as other things such as security services.
    07-05-14 10:49 PM
    Bb10 certainly isnt a busoness like Os besides the hub which iOS app has already innovated the crap out of the hub but its just for email.

I cant think of 1 bb10 app that gives an edge on its competitors.

Blackberry cant even make a fully functional inhouse app and no even open up a single api so I cant use a different app in its place.

Very disappointed I thought these apps would hvebeen fixed by now.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:32 PM
    My colleagues with Iphones have problem with meeting requests and calendar issues, colleagues with Galaxies have problems with contacts and deteriorating performance, I myself have had all sort of problems with Lumia 925... different platform, different problems... I'm not saying this should be excuse for BBRY, but for 1,5 year old OS, BB10 is fine.

Posted via CB10
    Carmels and FF22 like this.
    07-06-14 05:06 AM
    Bb10 certainly isnt a busoness like Os besides the hub which iOS app has already innovated the crap out of the hub but its just for email.

I cant think of 1 bb10 app that gives an edge on its competitors.

Blackberry cant even make a fully functional inhouse app and no even open up a single api so I cant use a different app in its place.

Very disappointed I thought these apps would hvebeen fixed by now.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I have to kind of agree with you. Yes, it's early and I'm being wishy-washy!!!

As a business phone, the apps are certainly not there. The entire docs-to-go suite is eons behind the version that existed on the OS7 and earlier devices. I still find that appalling. Couple that with whatever bugs create havoc for some folks with the Contacts app, an important business need, and you have problems in the business sector. The rather anemic BB Protect which no longer allows backup and restore is also light years behind the version for earlier OS's. And while I understand they still have money issues, they need to throw a few million dollars at solving BBLink's many issues. Seeing it poorly compared with its predecessor Desktop Software (Manager, whatever) is hard to bear since that program was not that terrific.

Apps to help with alerts and notifications are definitely coming along. As are other utility apps. These all help make the phone more useful for both ordinary folks and business folks.

As Chalx noted, other platforms have their issues but BB needs to solve ITS issues sooner rather than later.
    07-06-14 08:43 AM
    With the exception of the battery (which can be swapped out) none of that is business related... plus if your speaker is faulty you just have a defective phone

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:37 AM
    Maybe look at all the Crackberry editors and contributors abandoning the platform - read Chris' post on what BlackBerry would have to do to bring him back etc etc. I would say the expert panelist of Crackberry say NO!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:48 AM
    My colleagues with Iphones have problem with meeting requests and calendar issues, colleagues with Galaxies have problems with contacts and deteriorating performance, I myself have had all sort of problems with Lumia 925... different platform, different problems... I'm not saying this should be excuse for BBRY, but for 1,5 year old OS, BB10 is fine.

Posted via CB10
    U know, I can honestly say that the only platform I haven't had issues with in terms of reliability is OS7.1

However I do need to keep an eye on the bugger because sometimes it hangs and I don't realise the darn thing is offline. For critical communications it really brutally murders every other os I've used. In a remote part of war torn sri Lanka 5 years ago? No problem. Still can chat and surf on GPRS. Every other device times out.

Sounds a bit contradictory I know, but because I check my phone so often, I know ehen the thing decided to need a battery pull or its spontaneously rebooting lol.

If it didn't hang as much, and had a better virtual kb, I'd honestly trade my Z10 for a torch 9860...
    07-06-14 12:06 PM
    Just received a new Z10 from Expansys (UK retailer), 10 months into warranty and after my original handset became spontaneously hard-bricked. BlackBerry were unhelpful re the warranty claim, making it so difficult for me and the retailer that Expansys gave up and kindly resolved the issue themselves. The original handset (STL100-2, from 'Mexico 6) was flaky, got super hot around the CPU, battery fit was poor, and it rebooted all the time (possibly due to overheating). The replacement handset is also an STL100-2, from 'Mexico 6', however the battery fits properly, it has no 'hot-spots' and it doesn't reboot more than once a week. There was clearly a manufacturing defect with some of the early Z10 handsets, and BlackBerry were obviously unwilling to get themselves into even more of a corner with unsold / unprofitable hardware by issuing a recall. Probably a shrewd commercial decision. Better to cut their losses and move on.
    07-06-14 07:07 PM
    Just received a new Z10 from Expansys (UK retailer), 10 months into warranty and after my original handset became spontaneously hard-bricked. BlackBerry were unhelpful...
    The people who sold you the device should do the leg work in providing another device from BlackBerry, even if the device is no good. If they got you to do the leg work for them, they took you for a ride.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Last edited by BruvvaPete; 07-31-15 at 11:15 PM.
    07-06-14 11:00 PM
    Just received a new Z10 from Expansys (UK retailer), 10 months into warranty and after my original handset became spontaneously hard-bricked. BlackBerry were unhelpful re the warranty claim, making it so difficult for me and the retailer that Expansys gave up and kindly resolved the issue themselves. The original handset (STL100-2, from 'Mexico 6) was flaky, got super hot around the CPU, battery fit was poor, and it rebooted all the time (possibly due to overheating). The replacement handset is also an STL100-2, from 'Mexico 6', however the battery fits properly, it has no 'hot-spots' and it doesn't reboot more than once a week. There was clearly a manufacturing defect with some of the early Z10 handsets, and BlackBerry were obviously unwilling to get themselves into even more of a corner with unsold / unprofitable hardware by issuing a recall. Probably a shrewd commercial decision. Better to cut their losses and move on.
    I pre-ordered the thing. Didn't have issue. Asking for "recall" is totally exaggerated here

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    07-06-14 11:12 PM
    I disagree with the issues.
    issue 1 (microphone) seems to be a rare issue - not many members have faced/talked about it.
    issue 2 SMS - SHORT Message Service - i feel Z10 is a business phone and there are other options for framing and sending longer messages.
    issue 3 i personally feel that all smartphones have this issue of battery - whatever be the battery, smartphones always are hungry for charge
    issue 4 i feel the phone has the best hardware (processor and appropriate RAM), i am not sure if the time taken to start up in the case of Z10 is really high viz-a-viz other phones (iphone etc)
    issue 5 i hope some expert users have some tips and tricks for accessing contacts.
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-07-14 01:42 AM
    In my business (film) a lot of producers and executives are using z10 and (mostly) Q10 phones. However, it is common for an executive to have two phones: a BB10 device and iphone or Android. The BB10 is strictly for business, the "other" is for fun.
    syah iejam and jackielio like this.
    07-07-14 09:49 AM
    Maybe in different country there is different problems, in my country BlackBerry phone is the phone with most issues cause I got a few friends that is doing it gadgets business and they are shocked that I am using z10 as they told me that BlackBerry phone has many problems in my country and the warranty service is **** while other phone's issue is quite less. Last year I sent my phone to the BlackBerry service center to repair my speaker problem as people can't hear my voice during phone call. What happened is that they repaired it for 3 weeks and send it back to me and nothing is repaired I assume as the problem is still thr, then I send it back and I complained about it and they dare to say to me that they first will check it and they say there are no issue with my phone and they took 3 weeks. Then I tested it on site with their presence and the problem is still thr so they repaired it for me again and that took another 3-4 weeks. I can't use my phone for 2 months and that causes me loads of trouble. No offense but for me z10 is not really my choice though.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 04:05 AM
    In malaysia/singapore they give you a Q5 on loan while your device is being fixed.
    07-08-14 04:21 AM
    Maybe in different country there is different problems, in my country BlackBerry phone is the phone with most issues cause I got a few friends that is doing it gadgets business and they are shocked that I am using z10 as they told me that BlackBerry phone has many problems in my country and the warranty service is **** while other phone's issue is quite less. Last year I sent my phone to the BlackBerry service center to repair my speaker problem as people can't hear my voice during phone call. What happened is that they repaired it for 3 weeks and send it back to me and nothing is repaired I assume as the problem is still thr, then I send it back and I complained about it and they dare to say to me that they first will check it and they say there are no issue with my phone and they took 3 weeks. Then I tested it on site with their presence and the problem is still thr so they repaired it for me again and that took another 3-4 weeks. I can't use my phone for 2 months and that causes me loads of trouble. No offense but for me z10 is not really my choice though.

Posted via CB10
    I take your post with a grain of salt. Bad experiences always turn people off, that doesn't mean the overall company or product as a whole is bad.

Also, sounds to me like the majority of the issue was with the service center you continued to bring your phone to for repair. I would have asked for the phone to be replaced after the second time out for repair, no if's and's or but's about it!

Posted via CB10
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-08-14 09:53 AM
    Stl100-1 indeed has its problems, mainly two - battery level reading problem, and rear speaker/buzzer problem, and I have both of them on my Z10. But, as I understand, stl-2 and rest of pack aren't having same issues. Even with this issues I come back to Z10 from Lumia 925 which couldn't fit my business needs even with WP 8.1.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 01:01 PM
    Use BlackBerry World while in Balance and then tell me there're no business apps. If there aren't then it's your IT admin blocking them but there are plenty available.
    07-08-14 01:25 PM
    I take your post with a grain of salt. Bad experiences always turn people off, that doesn't mean the overall company or product as a whole is bad.

Also, sounds to me like the majority of the issue was with the service center you continued to bring your phone to for repair. I would have asked for the phone to be replaced after the second time out for repair, no if's and's or but's about it!

Posted via CB10
    That's why I am just stating my opinion, as this post it's about our own opinion. I am not stating that everyone should not use BlackBerry, I am just stating what I wouldn't use it again for my next few phone upgrades lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:27 AM
120 ... 345