Ever since I have updated to 10.3.2.556 all open pages in my browser close while the browser stays open. Same goes for other applications, Facebook, Twitter Accuweather, etc. It is very annoying. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:16 AM
    I started a thread a while ago about the same thing! My Q10 often loses open tabs when I deliberately leave the browser open but minimize it to do other things. Several people said they have the same problem. I used to be able to keep the tabs open for days with no problems. For me this didn't start until the update to 10.3.2.440.

No one has come up with a reason for it or a fix that I know of so far.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-21-15 01:50 PM
    Ok, this is getting ridiculous! I was just using the browser and left it open while I checked the latest news using the USA Today app. I was continuously reading and my Q10 never went to sleep. So when I went back to the browser, EIGHT open tabs were gone! No crash report, just missing. Does anyone know why the stock BlackBerry browser is doing this??

12-08-15 07:58 AM
    Are sqarna and I the only ones having this issue?? Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing it? Kind of odd since he's running 10.3.2.556 and I still have 10.3.2.440 on my Q10.

12-09-15 09:44 PM
    I keep hoping someone will see this that knows what the problem is! Had 7 tabs open in the morning, by afternoon ALL were gone. Browser wasn't ever restarted that I know of, and some of them I can find in history but some just gone.

Q10Bold likes this.
    12-10-15 04:29 PM
    I suppose no one else is having this problem besides me and the other user in this thread? :-(

01-20-16 02:28 AM
    Scubafan, any resolution? I think I'm gonna move to Priv since they're talking about suspending whatsapp support and Facebook app is pretty much withdrawn. I hope the security is kept in Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 04:03 AM
    Well, no improvement at all with the vanishing open browser tabs. It's kind of weird since the browser itself doesn't seem to ever close, but when I switch back to it there's just 9 squares of previous tabs.

I'm sorry you feel like switching to the Priv, due to the lack of support for your apps. To me it isn't an option. Ignoring the fact that I have no interest in using social media, I put up with having fewer apps in order to stay in the BB10 OS environment. I may be mistaken but I still think it gives me far more security, privacy and especially control over what I allow an app to do or access! One of my biggest "hot button" issues with all of the intrusive data that apps harvest from users too lazy or clueless is contacts. NO person on my list gave me permission to sell their privacy at all, much less for a "free" game! Since many people store a lot of personal information like birthday, favorites, clothing sizes, job info,social media links, etc the information given away is deeper than most bother to consider. I also know at least 4 people who are violating HIPPA laws every time they let an app access their contacts because they have patient contact data stored so they can text or call back. While it gives the patient better access to the Medical provider, I'd bet that none of them would be happy if they realized that ANY info stored with their name is then sold all over the Internet...
    I also like that BB10 lets me pick what things that I allow for each app since I find it creepy at best when a book reading or flashlight app wants to always know my exact, not just coarse GPS location. With android it's still all or nothing. You either let the app have total access or don't run it at all. Have you ever read Google's "privacy policy"?? It wants access to camera, microphone, to read, write or erase any file plus about 15 more things. It can send texts or calls from your cell even if it costs you $, etc

Too Big Brother/1984 for me. I don't wear a tinfoil hat but I also don't leave my house doors wide open with video of every room 24/7 either. But the Priv is supposed to be a good device that's a bit more secure than other androids. That is mostly in preventing the device itself from being hacked, not your privacy. Google claims that in a future version they will give some ability to opt out of some tracking but until then all BlackBerry can do is protect the device. Sorry for the long post, I just hate seeing people leave without making sure that the differences are clear.

03-20-16 04:30 PM
    Ever since I have updated to 10.3.2.556 all open pages in my browser close while the browser stays open. Same goes for other applications, Facebook, Twitter Accuweather, etc. It is very annoying. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    Got the same problem... i dont like 10.3.2 the worst OS ever!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-20-16 04:53 PM
    Got the same problem... i dont like 10.3.2 the worst OS ever!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    I forgot to mention that I don't think it's related to 10.3.2.556 since I've had this problem since I was forced onto 10.3.2.440 in June. Either the update made changes in the browser then or in how the OS deals with it. I have deliberately avoided the update to 10.3.2.556 because I developed a bunch of very annoying problems with 10.3.2.440 so I didn't want to possibly make things worse. While some here have liked most of the changes in the newer version you and I aren't the only ones who have things that stopped working properly. I had been hoping to wait for 10.3.3 to come out and perhaps fix things but it's looking like BlackBerry has pretty much written us off. Even something as basic as the irritating way that the phone app pops back to full screen when a call either connects or ends has never been addressed since 10.1 despite many complaints! If you're trying to enter info into your calendar and the call ends, on my ancient WM6.1 Palm Treo Pro I could finish the entry. With my BlackBerry 7 it worked the same way but the otherwise far superior BB10 won't? Once you minimize the phone app it should let you work uninterrupted unless you get a new call, since you do need to see display to decide whether to answer or not.

Anyway, rant over! <G> short answer is, don't blame 10.3.2.556 for THIS one. There may be things that are the fault of this release that I obviously don't know about, but this flaw started with 10.3.2.440.

03-20-16 06:35 PM