Is there a way to open those types of files on bb10?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:27 PM
    Is there a way to open those types of files on bb10?

Posted via CB10
    There's no reason to be opening these on BlackBerry devices, so no...
    08-11-13 08:35 PM
    There's no reason to be opening these on BlackBerry devices, so no...
    Lol. That's a funny response; I have a few wallpapers of my favorite team which I've already downloaded and that's the format. I would hope there's a way I can open those sooner than later.

ManU forever on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:50 PM
    Lol. That's a funny response; I have a few wallpapers of my favorite team which I've already downloaded and that's the format. I would hope there's a way I can open those sooner than later.

ManU forever on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    .ashx isn't even an image file, it's something to do with ASP.NET.
    You'll have to redownload those image files, and probably from a different browser/hoster.
    08-11-13 08:54 PM
    Most websites use .askx file extensions for pdf files now. Blackberry does not seem to support the opening the file extension .ashx in its browser and as a result you can not download the pdf document to open in abode reader. Blackberry need to resolve this issue very quickly as the .ashx file extension is becoming the norm. Blackberry pleasure resolve this issue.
    09-02-13 08:43 AM
    Heres something interesting I can download and open a .ashx file extension on my bold 9900 but the same file can not be opened on either my Q10 or Z10. The Q10 and Z10 can not download the file to be opened as it is not be recognized.
    Is this a case of Blackberry OS10 being an operating system to far and we all should revert to OS7 so our businesses can function.
    Or dare I say it change to on other system that is not blackberry!!!!!!!!!
    09-02-13 09:08 AM
    Here is something interesting I can download and open a .ashx file extension on my bold 9900 but the same file can not be opened on either my Q10 or Z10. The Q10 and Z10 can not download the file to be opened as it is not be recognized.
    Is this a case of Blackberry OS10 being an operating system to far and we all should revert to OS7 so our businesses can function.
    Or dare I say it change to on other system that is not blackberry!!!!!!!!!
    09-02-13 09:19 AM
    Rename the file to PDF

ASHX is an extension for internet pages served by Windows Server
    It has erroneously be named like that, but it's wrong extension
    saint613 likes this.
    09-02-13 12:18 PM
    Rename the file to PDF

ASHX is an extension for internet pages served by Windows Server
    It has erroneously be named like that, but it's wrong extension
    Thanks for that but how to you rename the file.
    When one downloads the file the only option showing on the download page is the Delete button or there is the share button on the right hand side menu when the downloaded item if highlighted by pressing and holding.
    I have tried sharing the the file but when attempting to open the file i bet a message No viewer available for .ashx
    I have gone to file manager and tried to renale the file but can not get rid of the .ashx extension.

I can open .ashx files on my main computer as i presume Firefox has the relative properties to open the files
    Is there any other way to rename the file on the device?
    09-03-13 02:08 AM
    Forgot to add my Bold 9900 can open .ashx extension files!!!!!
    09-03-13 03:21 AM
    You open ashx with firefox, but it's actually an image
    Since a browser is used to be "tolerant" about bad file extensions, it will just try to guess the content

For renaming file, use another file manager on BB10 like Open Explorer or OI File Manager
    ArdbegBold likes this.
    09-03-13 03:27 AM
    You open ashx with firefox, but it's actually an image
    Since a browser is used to be "tolerant" about bad file extensions, it will just try to guess the content

For renaming file, use another file manager on BB10 like Open Explorer or OI File Manager
    Many Thanks I used OI file Manager to rename the file and can now open them
    09-04-13 12:30 AM
    Yes, the native file manager doesn't allow to change file extensions - maybe they chose to do so to avoid this problems?
    09-04-13 03:55 AM
    Yes, the native file manager doesn't allow to change file extensions - maybe they chose to do so to avoid this problems?
    Yes it does... Press and hold file for side menu to appear, choose properties, then edit

Open .ashx files?-img_00000019.png

Posted via CB10
    Magnetic_dud likes this.
    09-04-13 04:01 AM
    Cool, I didn't know that. I just pressed rename and the extension wasn't editable.
    Via properties instead it's editable.
    saint613 likes this.
    09-04-13 05:09 AM
    Can anyone help me with this?

I bought some tickets via email. They came as .ashx files. I have renamed them as pdf files as explained above but when I try to open them I get the following messsge:

"The document cannot be opened because it is not a valid PDF document.
    05-08-14 05:29 AM