On my 9800 I used to be able to start a text from a number in my call log. I tried to do this on my Z10 for a number that I didn't know or have saved in my contacts and couldn't. I had to copy the number and them go to my text messages and paste. Not that its hard to do but its definitely slower than before.
    04-29-13 06:36 PM
    If you long press the number in the call log, then click on View Call Details, there should be an option to send a text to that number. Still not as fast as before but I reckon it is faster than copying and pasting.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:46 PM
    What I kiss about my 9900 is the contacts. The z10 is great in a bunch of aspects but it really failed on the contacts area.
    04-29-13 06:55 PM
    ^^^ +100

Failed the contacts app and the calender/reminder. Hopefully they're all being worked on. I like the new edit circle placer, much easier now, much much easier
    04-29-13 07:11 PM
    And, just LIKE the 9800/OS6, fails at being able to click to dial a phone number in messages, emails, Web pages, etc. Couple of thoughtful devs ponied up some apps that fill the gap for now via a copy/paste or "Share" to phone app, but please please please get that back, BlackBerry.

One of my biggest uses of my BlackBerry is my daily tasks and to-do list automatically emailed to me from my online CRM, which has my contacts for that day, along with phone numbers for each contact; mostly my tasks are follow up calls or calling for appointments . Hated it on the 9800 because I couldn't click to call from the email, OS7 fixed that, now back to missing functionality on the Z10.

Begging, BlackBerry, I'm begging here.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:31 PM
    If you long press the number in the call log, then click on View Call Details, there should be an option to send a text to that number. Still not as fast as before but I reckon it is faster than copying and pasting.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks this definitely helps.
    04-30-13 02:25 PM
    One thing I miss from my 9930/OS7 is the way you could select multiple emails to delete or mark as read by performing a press and hold on one and then another five emails down for example to highlight all the emails in between. That was much quicker than the method used in BB10.
    04-30-13 02:47 PM
    If you go into your email and do a long hold over an email or just press the menu button down in the corner, and hit "select more." You can select as many emails as you want to delete or mark as unread.
    04-30-13 09:06 PM
    Another thing that drives me crazy is...lets say I'm reading a text and swipe out to the main screen and a few minutes later I get an email. When I swipe back to the hub it takes me right back to where I left which is fine but the keyboard pops up automatically and I have to deal with closing it before I can swipe to my emails.
    04-30-13 09:15 PM
    Another thing that drives me crazy is...lets say I'm reading a text and swipe out to the main screen and a few minutes later I get an email. When I swipe back to the hub it takes me right back to where I left which is fine but the keyboard pops up automatically and I have to deal with closing it before I can swipe to my emails.
    If you swipe right from the area of the screen above the keyboard it will swipe back to the hub - you don't have to close the keyboard first. Used to drive me nuts too.
    04-30-13 09:29 PM
    Let's face it. BB10 is missing a lot of basic things we've come to expect and used to take for granted.
    Mel25 likes this.
    04-30-13 09:37 PM
    Let's face it. BB10 is missing a lot of basic things we've come to expect and used to take for granted.
    Say it again
    05-01-13 06:51 AM
    the option to send a text message directly from the call list is very much there if it is accessed via the hub.but not if accessed through the call list in the phone app.
    05-01-13 07:57 AM
    I know but I dont wanna face it...I want them back. lol
    05-01-13 02:49 PM