Tail of two phones... So i was on a flight from philly heading home to Orlando... US Airways had us on a huge plane. Im sitting in a window seat which I hate btw.. Anyways, Ive been traveling all day and my phone doubles as my music player so i never cut it off. Needless to say the battery was low.. The guy sitting next to me had an iphone who's battery was around 40% just like mine. He played a couple games and started to watch a movie, I played a couple games all why listening to music, then i looked through a couple of emails and documents... (try doing that on a iPhone) haha anyways not the point.. Sooo needless to say halfway through the flight the guys phone died. Sad day, he had to take his headphones off and twittle his thumbs for a hour. Me, I just reached in my wallet and pulled out my fully charged spare battery and switched it out, 2mins later I was back in business.... Having that spare battery really comes in handy in times when you can not charge or phone or connect pesky external chargers.. Sure iphone and android have charger cases, but I dont keep my phone in my pocket, its on my hip so having a huge bulky case is not going to work...

Thank you blackberry for keeping the external battery.. To me, thats one advantage for blackberry when it comes to business... All they need to do now is return some core legacy functions and get the major apps and blackberry will be the clear cut winner...

The END!!!!
    05-27-13 05:38 PM
    Even better, you can charge any micro-USB device using the first-party charge kits for the Z10 and Q10 with the built-in micro-USB cable. Therefore, if you need just a bit of juice, you do not have to reboot your BlackBerry 10 device.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    05-27-13 05:55 PM
    Tail of two phones... So i was on a flight from philly heading home to Orlando... US Airways had us on a huge plane. Im sitting in a window seat which I hate btw.. Anyways, Ive been traveling all day and my phone doubles as my music player so i never cut it off. Needless to say the battery was low.. The guy sitting next to me had an iphone who's battery was around 40% just like mine. He played a couple games and started to watch a movie, I played a couple games all why listening to music, then i looked through a couple of emails and documents... (try doing that on a iPhone) haha anyways not the point.. Sooo needless to say halfway through the flight the guys phone died. Sad day, he had to take his headphones off and twittle his thumbs for a hour. Me, I just reached in my wallet and pulled out my fully charged spare battery and switched it out, 2mins later I was back in business.... Having that spare battery really comes in handy in times when you can not charge or phone or connect pesky external chargers.. Sure iphone and android have charger cases, but I dont keep my phone in my pocket, its on my hip so having a huge bulky case is not going to work...

Thank you blackberry for keeping the external battery.. To me, thats one advantage for blackberry when it comes to business... All they need to do now is return some core legacy functions and get the major apps and blackberry will be the clear cut winner...

The END!!!!
    You can do this with an android phone as well. Sure an advantage over an iphone but thats about it.
    05-27-13 08:20 PM
    There's this new thing called mophie juice pack. Don't need to access the battery

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:36 PM
    You can do this with an android phone as well. Sure an advantage over an iphone but thats about it.
    HTC One?
    05-27-13 10:02 PM
    HTC One?
    I don't think those Android phones come with a branded and very slick battery charging kit.

The Z10 battery bundle is a must!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and jrohland like this.
    05-27-13 11:14 PM
    Definitely a advantage.

Still it seems sealed batteries are becoming quite mainstream, even beyond the iPhone.
    05-27-13 11:31 PM
    I don't think those Android phones come with a branded and very slick battery charging kit.

The Z10 battery bundle is a must!

Posted via CB10
    Actually samsung has a kit that's about the same. External charger for spare batteries. I have one.

BUT.. they dont have the mirco usb which lets us the option of just juicing up or to swap.

And with the samsung's version u can feel ure carrying cheap plastic.

So, yeay bb bundle kit!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:52 PM
    no i actually have a android device and theres no removable battery.. samsung is really the only other one...
    05-28-13 01:17 AM
    There's this new thing called mophie juice pack. Don't need to access the battery

Posted via CB10
    Guess u missed the part when i said i didnt want a big bulky case or walk around with an extra device.. my battery fits right in my wallet..
    05-28-13 01:18 AM
    I have no trouble reding emails or documents while listening to music on my iPhone.
    05-28-13 01:30 AM
    Morphie for iPhone 5 on Amazon = $80. Battery for Z10 = $20.
    05-28-13 03:33 AM

The END!!!!
    You won't be wanting a Q5 then?
    05-28-13 03:41 AM
    Don't have a spare battery yet, I shall be getting one very shortly. Not sure if I want the bundle or just the battery

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 03:59 AM
    Morphie for iPhone 5 on Amazon = $80. Battery for Z10 = $20.
    Duracell Instant Charger | Portable USB Charger for Cell Phones, iPhones, iPods, and More

these work well for all manner of e devices
    05-28-13 11:40 AM
    Guess u missed the part when i said i didnt want a big bulky case or walk around with an extra device.. my battery fits right in my wallet..
    I'd rather walk around with a juice pack than a loose battery and wall adapter and charging cradle

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:41 AM
    Shut up already, an external battery will never be the same as an actual battery.

There is an energy "loss" when transferring from battery to battery. On a spare one, energy is directly drawn.
    05-28-13 11:51 AM
    Nice to be able to pop the hood in emergencies--even as awkward with some cases. Still, nicer yet to have had my Z come with a "Die Hard" battery, and thereby always get that extra two hours plus, and to not feel insecure unless I carry a spare battery.

Notwithstanding that the IPhone itself is little more than an 8-10hr phone under full stress, the Z has weaker performance.

Despite a smaller screen and a physical keyboard but the same OS, the Q(10) is outfitted with a larger battery. I suspect that the Q, unlike the Z, has ample juice to get through a solid day: The primary reason for BB having added this enhancement.

I'll reluctantly carry that extra battery, or one of a myriad of other devices to assist, but my wallet is already full.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:36 PM
    Did you phone come with an extra charger

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:30 PM
    The battery bundle is very well designed and helpful. I would be more impressed though if the battery life were better in the first place.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    05-28-13 01:37 PM
    I'd rather walk around with a juice pack than a loose battery and wall adapter and charging cradle

Posted via CB10
    You have no idea what charging bundle we are talking about do you?
    05-28-13 01:40 PM
    You carry your spare battery in your Wallet - but you don't like the bulk of a case charger on your hip?? Huh?
    05-28-13 02:39 PM
    You carry your spare battery in your Wallet - but you don't like the bulk of a case charger on your hip?? Huh?
    yea cause a wallet sits in a book bag while i work on my feet 17 hours day rippin and running to set up concerts for you folks to enjoy, so yea i want to keep a low profile on my hip, problem with that???? and btw a batter doesnt increase the size of my wallet enough to even notice...
    06-02-13 07:15 AM