Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Querty Keyboard is better

29 25.00%
  • Touch Screen Z10 is better

76 65.52%
  • Don't own the Z10, Waiting for the Q10

11 9.48%
    love the virtual keyboard, as good as I liked my 9900, miss typing special characters as fast though, miss the trackpad, and the quick select / copy / paste of OS7
    02-14-13 05:12 PM
    I was clinging on to my 9700, hated DROID and iPhone keyboards. But the keyboard on the z10..
    Wow I actually prefer it now. And the bonus of the larger screen just makes it all the better.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 05:49 PM
    When I learned to drive a stick shift I just bought a car and I had no other choice but to do it. I did the same with the z10 and it's keyboard and I don't regret it at all.

KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    02-14-13 06:31 PM
    Well if old bb users don't want a z10 don't get it. But I do understand you may not like it or the q10. It's not like they are the most award winning designs. I didn't at first but since they have both grown on me alot.
    02-14-13 06:49 PM
    As hard core keyboard guy, I can say I love my z10 and will pass on the q10
    02-14-13 08:34 PM
    I don't know if I'm as fast yet on the Z10 as I was on my Torch, but using the predictive text isn't making me any slower -- I don't think! The more I use it, the better I'll get!

I seriously thought about waiting for the Q10 because of the physical keyboard, but I'd be giving up screenspace for that. I decided I'd rather have the bigger screen. Now if a Torch-like BB10 device came out, I'd be sorely tempted...
    02-14-13 08:40 PM
    I find the keyboard to be really accurate especially in correcting mistakes. Although I never had trouble typing with my iPhone 5 keyboard what so ever. Although I still miss my 9900 physical board on occasion lol. It is the best touch screen keyboard I have ever used though, just try it and be amazed after 1 week of use.

02-14-13 08:49 PM
    I could certainly type quicker with the qwerty keyboard on the 8900 and I do miss the physical keyboard, that said, I am reasonably happy with the touch screen keyboard on the Z10.
    I've never been a fan of predictive text, I turned that off immediatley on the 8900 but I've left it on for now on the Z10.
    Got to say, so far, I'm impressed with it and have at times managed to 'flick' 4 or 5 words in succession staight into a message.
    Sometimes it appears the Z10 knows what I want to type before I do!
    02-15-13 05:51 AM
    Better than expected and a pleasant surprise for sure. The keyboard specifically is d amn nice to use, wouldn't change back to a physical keyboard.

However, text editing is (as expected) utter s hit. Selecting, copy & paste etc. are all absolute garbage. I would kill for a track point. Q10 might have been an option, but unfortunately they dropped the track point. So for me it's 9900 >= Q10 + track point > Z10 > Q10.
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    02-15-13 06:07 AM
    I'm pleasantly surprised, I've been a diehard blackberry user since the mobitex 957 days and thought I'd never give it up...I decided to get a Z10 and give it an honest try while I waited for the quick10 to release.

I'm not sure I will leave the Z10, the keyboard is very good and gets better as it learns from my mistakes...

02-15-13 07:01 AM
    I can't seem to locate an answer to this but....does the Z10 keypad offer haptic vibration????? Kinda like swiftkey on droid?
    When you touch a key does it vibrate so you can feel the touch?
    02-15-13 07:28 AM
    The touch pad has blown my mind. I can easily reply to emails while eating chicken wings, if that's not living I don't know what is!

I've hated the touch pad on my iPad which I have to use for work simply because it doesn't know grammar this thing not only knows what you want to type it does it quickly enough that if you are typing fast you won't realize all the mistakes you are making. This is my second day with the phone and I'm easily touch typing. And when eating wings I'm flick typing. Hahaha

02-15-13 08:11 AM
    Remembering my horrible experience of owning HTC Hero (replaced with Bold quite quickly!) I am very surprise how good the Z10's keyboard is. I doubt a touchscreen keyboard could get any better. It does have its pros and cons comparing to hardware ones but honestly, I would definitely choose it over Bold 9900 one. It's just so easy to type on it, honestly! I keep on showing it off to people and everyone is amazed at first but the best part of it comes after you really get used to it and the keyboard gets used to you and your typing style. To me it is a MILESTONE comparing to the nightmare of HTC Hero.
    02-15-13 08:32 AM
    I loved 9900 keyboard, i'd reply to texts, emails easily and probably put more thought into a text and email

with the Z10, replying to emails is a chore, feels like it takes longer and more concentration (used to be able to walk and text while looking up). I reply in a shorter fashion to texts now, not explaining myself as much....and replying to emails with a long reply.... I find it a chore.

I don't use it for business often as I work at a computer...for business, I'd prefer the Q10 easily.

edit: forgot, editing texts is a big chore...usually end up swiping back to the main menu on accident..
    02-15-13 11:41 AM
    Over all I am getting used to it. The electronic help from the OS helps a lot as does the superior keyboard.

Will be keeping my Z10 4 sure!!

02-15-13 11:48 AM
    Do your text before inputting recipient and the send key becomes the "return" key. No early sends and you have return
    02-19-13 10:20 AM
    Do your text before inputting recipient and the send key becomes the "return" key. No early sends and you have return. But I'm still stuck with moving the curser round quickly and doing copy/paste
    02-19-13 10:36 AM
    Like many others, I was a 9800 user and unsure about a full screen touch keyboard, but once I figured out to use two thumbs and to stop flicking up the words, my typing rate has increased dramatically, and I'm now quicker than I was on my torch.

Having said that, if you wanted to type one handed, flicking up the words can be quicker than typing on a regular keyboard.

I'd agree that the Z10 keyboard is good, but the auto correct is downright amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 10:43 AM
    I loved 9900 keyboard, i'd reply to texts, emails easily and probably put more thought into a text and email

with the Z10, replying to emails is a chore, feels like it takes longer and more concentration (used to be able to walk and text while looking up). I reply in a shorter fashion to texts now, not explaining myself as much....and replying to emails with a long reply.... I find it a chore.

I don't use it for business often as I work at a computer...for business, I'd prefer the Q10 easily.

edit: forgot, editing texts is a big chore...usually end up swiping back to the main menu on accident..
    I have to agree with you on this. I am having a hard time transitioning from my 9900 to Z10. I am not as fast a typer on the Z10 and not as quick with symbols etc. I think I can type easier with one hand on the 9900 then my Z10. Will keep trying and get more practice and see how it goes. I am not writting it off yet. Kind of reminds me of when I was leery about giving my old flip phone and T9 entry for my first BB. Maybe this will be the same and I won't look back.
    02-19-13 10:57 AM
    I have to agree with you on this. I am having a hard time transitioning from my 9900 to Z10. I am not as fast a typer on the Z10 and not as quick with symbols etc. I think I can type easier with one hand on the 9900 then my Z10. Will keep trying and get more practice and see how it goes. I am not writting it off yet. Kind of reminds me of when I was leery about giving my old flip phone and T9 entry for my first BB. Maybe this will be the same and I won't look back.
    Ditto. I am definitely slower and less efficient with my typing and I also find I have to concentrate more. But maybe this will change as I continue to adjust to life without a keyboard (LWAK?). I currently use two phones (Z10 and 9900) and will replace the 9900 with the Q10 when it comes out and see which I prefer.
    02-19-13 11:13 AM
    Tbh, I was cursing myself for several days for being so impatient and getting the z10 on day of release instead of waiting for the q10 to be released.

Coming from a 9800, I really missed the keyboard for the first few days but now I'm very happy with the virtual keyboard.

In fact, when I'm typing on my PlayBook, I find myself swiping up on the keyboard lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 03:26 PM
    Where is the slider answer ? I just cannot tick anything Ok, Z10 for me, but this doesn't mean that on-screen keyboard is better that physical ones...
    02-19-13 03:31 PM
    Never thought I would say it but the touch screen keyboard is way quicker to type on then any of my previous keyboard blackberries' I've owned . I've had a 9000 and 9800

The touch screen and predictive text is quite simply awesome.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 03:57 PM
    Even though I had read much about the Z10 keyboard, nothing could have prepared me for just how good it is. I was genuinely shocked. I have tried several touchscreens previously and always found the keyboards frustrating, even on the PlayBook I struggle. The experience on the Z10 is out of this world. I seem to have gravitated to just typing with one finger and it works very well for me. The word prediction became that good after one week's use that I can type out messages faster with one finger on the Z10 then I ever could when typing with two fingers on a physical keyboard. It is a joy to use.
    02-19-13 05:07 PM
    15 year BlackBerry vet and I will most likely pass on the Q10.

Here's my thoughts... Joel's Random Thoughts � Blog Archive � musings on the Z10 by a hardcore Blackberry fan
    02-19-13 05:13 PM
88 1234