So my work just switched from an old email server to gmail. All of my old emails were ported from my old account to the new one and they show up when logging in on gmail's website. I have set the new account up properly on my Z10. It can send an receive emails just fine, all folders/labels are showing up, etc...However, all of my emails that appear on gmail do not appear on my phone, only NEW emails (those that have been sent or received after setting up the account on my phone) are showing up on the z10.

How do I get gmail / my z10 to port over my existing emails?

Thank you for your help!!
    01-04-15 03:05 PM
    For an IMAP account (such as Gmail):

On OS 10.2.1, you have to select the sync period option when setting up the account -- so you'd have to delete and re-add it. Use the standard email setup, until you get to the screen that gives you the option to toggle on/off contact/calendar sync. Tap "Advanced" at the bottom. Scroll to the very bottom, and set the "Initial Retrieval amount" to "Forever" (or your preferred sync period). You can also set your sync interval here as well.

On OS 10.3.x, you can now change the email synced to your device. Go to Settings > Accounts. Scroll down and select from the drop-down
    "Sync Timeframe".

Note that if you'll be syncing a lot of messages, you should be on WiFi, unless you have a very generous data plan.

Then, you'll probably also want to tap "Edit Folder Settings", where you can choose which Gmail labels (called folders on a BlackBerry10 device) you want to have sync to your device.
    01-04-15 04:25 PM