Hey guys,

I�m loving my Z10. Have had it for over a weak now. I�m very happy with it.
    But did anybody else notice that unlocking the phone often takes 2 swipes up? Maybe I�m doing something wrong, however i often have to swipe up twice. It�s a bit too "hard" to unlock the phone for my taste. Maybe my fingers are too small to do it properly haha^^
    I often lock the phone with the button in order to make it with just one swipe. But even when in my opinion doing the swipe really properly, I often miss to unlock the phone. Not a big issue, but unlocking the phone is often performed, it is always in my mind.

Would be nice to make it easier. Does anybody else notice?

Jannik
    03-25-13 05:35 PM
    Pretty sure someone will create an app soon to make the phone unlock in a different way.. i usually unlock it with one swipe. I've had it for a month and got pretty used to it!

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    03-25-13 05:37 PM
    One swipe only for me so far.
    03-25-13 05:40 PM
    Never had that issue... always works on the first swipe! maybe start from the BB symbol then go up... works like a charm everytime.
    03-25-13 05:44 PM
    Never had that issue... always works on the first swipe! maybe start from the BB symbol then go up... works like a charm everytime.
    Yes always start from the Blackberry symbol, works like a charm like Captain said
    03-25-13 05:47 PM
    I'll let you know monday
    03-25-13 05:53 PM
    Hi.
    First. Am I the only one seeing a lot of weird characters in the OP's message?
    Second. This has been said before. And it happens even to me if you lock out still in the hub. If you are in active frame it opens no problem first swipe.
    Keith.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:53 PM
    It takes two swipes when the screen is locked on an open message. If it's locked in the hub or app or anything else it will take one. I'm not sure why this is a feature but I find it annoying. So if you want to make sure it never happens, don't allow it to lock when in a message. And I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or a security feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:00 PM
    Hi.
    First. Am I the only one seeing a lot of weird characters in the OP's message?

Keith.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's a known issue with the current cb10, should be fixed with the next update I heard.

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    03-25-13 06:00 PM
    Yeah, start with the BB logo is the best when swiping up. Also are you swiping or flicking? If you're doing a small quick 'flick' up with your thumb it might be your problem. Just a guess. Cheers.
    03-25-13 06:24 PM
    I had an issue with that, figured out my problems were:

1. I play guitar, and the calluses on my fingertips don't play nice with touchscreens.
    2. I was swiping way too quickly. If you slow it down incrementally you'll find the sweet spot, then it just becomes second nature.

You can also turn off the gesture unlock and do the 'power button to wake' thing

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:59 PM
    It takes two swipes when the screen is locked on an open message. If it's locked in the hub or app or anything else it will take one. I'm not sure why this is a feature but I find it annoying. So if you want to make sure it never happens, don't allow it to lock when in a message. And I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or a security feature.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't happen on mine I've tried it with a message on screen and locking my device and one swipe is all it takes to unlock my z10.

It definitely isn't a feature, try rebooting your phone and see if that helps solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 07:07 PM
    Ok I just tried locking the device while viewing an email, and yes first swipe brings you to the lock screen, then I have to swipe again to get the home screen.

03-25-13 07:18 PM
    Trick is to do the swipe slowly, that way you can wake up the phone then unlock it in one slow smooth action.
    If you do the swipe too fast yes you will have to do another one to unlock it also.
    Try it. : )

Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    03-25-13 07:26 PM
    Trick is to do the swipe slowly, that way you can wake up the phone then unlock it in one slow smooth action.
    If you do the swipe too fast yes you will have to do another one to unlock it also.
    Try it. : )

Go to the hub and open an email then lock the device. Now swipe up to wake it up.
    See if it only goes to the lock screen or not.

03-25-13 07:29 PM
    Go to the hub and open an email then lock the device. Now swipe up to wake it up.

OK, you got me there. Lol! Never noticed that before, but then I always go to the main Hub before I lock it.

03-25-13 07:33 PM
    Is this for real or are you just playing with the boys?
    03-25-13 07:34 PM

Aha, now I see. I guess I've never left my phone with an open email or message before. I'm guessing that is deliberate, for security. Maybe in a future update they can offer the ability to turn that off.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:30 PM
    OP check out this thread I started. I speaks to the scenarios in which the swipe up doesn't work. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=779338

Posted via CB10
    Smartie020 likes this.
    03-25-13 08:35 PM
    Not a big deal I guess, just make sure never leave your message open.

Like everyone else here said not sure if this is a glitch or security features.

Smartie020 likes this.
    03-25-13 08:37 PM
    Haha, thats it. Thanks for letting me know.
    03-26-13 07:42 AM
    I imagine it's a security feature to prevent sudden or accidental keypresses or sends after swiping up quickly to unlock the phone when it was locked in a screen where messages were being typed (or able to be typed).

I sometimes have to do that as well if I drop the phone into the pouch when I'm in a screen with the keyboard up.

JB
    03-26-13 07:45 AM
    Ok I just tried locking the device while viewing an email, and yes first swipe brings you to the lock screen, then I have to swipe again to get the home screen.

hum ...I just noticed that now. Interesting. Wonder if its a bug, or if its intentional? If it's intentional, I wonder what the premis behind it is?

I could see this being somewhat annoying, assuming you lock your device with an open message in the hub all the time.
    03-26-13 07:50 AM
    Yea I have noticed this to. Kind of annoying. I think the software was designed this way. Its no coincidence since we are have the same issue.
    04-06-13 11:46 PM
    Make sure you start all the way on the bottom.
    04-06-13 11:49 PM
27 12