I get the official update notifications on my STL100-1 and I'm considering update. However, in most forums I read only about problems. Is it because it's really so buggy or because users that are satisfied don't post to forum?

If you had problems after 10.3.1 update, did you get those fixed by doing a security wipe?
    02-27-15 06:48 AM
    I think a lot of the issues people have are caused by the OTA update. I would suggest doing the update yourself by downloading the files and following a simple guide. Guide is in my signature.
    Files are here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/
    davisville likes this.
    02-27-15 07:06 AM
    I have an Stl100 and it's been 99% perfect.

My bug is that my phone doesn't stop vibrating when I answer calls and for some reason, I find myself pressing the red end call button a couple of times

Otherwise very very happy it's been great

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    02-27-15 07:06 AM
    I get the official update notifications on my STL100-1 and I'm considering update. However, in most forums I read only about problems. Is it because it's really so buggy or because users that are satisfied don't post to forum?

If you had problems after 10.3.1 update, did you get those fixed by doing a security wipe?
    It's because people come here only when they have problems ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:02 AM
    I have a STL-100-2 and while the 10.3.1 has brought some new features it also came along with some lag. It's not as fluent as it used to be. I'm talking about the official release here.
    02-27-15 08:19 AM

So far so good, I updated using OTA and did a reload via Link after

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    02-27-15 08:34 AM
    @jaydee5799
    This looks like leaks rather than official update (I noticed that files are hosted on file sharing sites).
    I guess I can also update via BB Link. Do you think that's better than OTA?
    02-27-15 08:36 AM
    If you prefer clean installation (life formatting a computer for a fresh OS) go for autoloader. If not, I suggest updating it via BB Link instead of OTA.
    02-27-15 08:46 AM
    So far so good, I updated using OTA and did a reload via Link after

Why load the new os twice?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:07 AM
    I find after the update my Z10 works flawlessly. So fast and snappy. I just came back to it after a few months. I think this will be my main phone for awhile... I forgot how easy and fast the typing is on this. The new OS works awesome on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:46 AM
    Why load the new os twice?

Posted via CB10
    I noticed slight screen flickering when turning off the device. And I was updating from 10.2.1, and if it were an incremental update within 10.3 there would be no need to reload

02-27-15 10:35 AM
    I've updated to the latest official software update and have had problems since. Can anyone suggest or comment on this? Firstly, when I unlock the phone (after the password entry), the screen zooms so I have to pinch it back down to fit it back on the screen. It does this every single time. And not just a little, it zooms in so much it has to be brought back down. This is a nuisance. Next, I've had my device since roll out date and I've found it the best device ever for typing quickly using the swipe feature over the frets. After the update, it's a nightmare. The screen is not responding all the time so sometimes I have to tap, tap, tap, tap, to get it to respond. Once it gets going, the outer characters are slow or unresponsive so we're talking the A, shift, P, L, back space, return and all the frets above those. Even my password. My first digit is a "1" so when I tap the number, sometimes it doesn't respond, and sometimes it pops in a "!"...so irritating. And 15% better battery life - no way! Typically I used to get through the day and that's not the case anymore. My main concern is the screen responsiveness when typing. My husband just picked up a classic so I played with his keyboard but I have really embraced the keyboard on my Z10 and I would rather get it back where it was. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: The magnify and typing issues on the edge of the keyboard have been fixed by a posters suggestion: Settings -> Accessibility -> Turn off Magnify Mode
    Last edited by crack_me_up; 03-01-15 at 08:49 PM. Reason: found fix to main issue
    02-27-15 10:47 AM
    Hi, I've had exactly the same problems since the update on Z10, however, the typing works fine in landscape, hope it gets fixed soon..

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:37 AM
    If your current OS is 10.2.X.X or earlier, I suggest doing a clean install using the appropriate 10.3.1.2267 autoloader for your device model/version. If you wish to backup/restore, I suggest restoring only personal and perhaps application data, do not restore system and media settings. The latter can cause a variety of problems. If you are already running a leaked OS 10.3.x.x without major issues then a couple of upgrade options are available - native BlackBerry or Carrier-specific OTA and leaked or Carrier-specific bar files using Sachesi v2.0.0 RC. You can search the forums for instructions on using any of the aforementioned upgrade methods. Finally, it's not always what you do, but how you actually do it. Proper research, careful planning, and following the correct procedures will often generate the best results. Also, when in doubt don't act before seeking further advice or reviewing procedures. It's often very difficult and time-consuming to undo or correct errors/missteps.
    02-27-15 12:13 PM
    I updated to the official release last night. There are many bugs for this release at least for the Z10.
    I noticed right away that the keyboard does not recognize a touch on the letters of the keyboard that are close to the edge of the screen (The Q, A, Shift key and the P, L and backspace key. I've tested the hit state of these keys with my baby finger and you have to move your finger farther and farther from the edge of the phone to get it to work. This is really a fairly significant bug, since the BB virtual keyboard was the best in mobile.

Update: As I am writing this I rebooted my phone again, by turning it off and turning it on again (cold boot) this is about the 3rd or forth re-boot since I updated last night. Low and behold, somehow, now the outer edge letters on the keyboard work just fine and respond just fine all the way to the edges of the phone on both sides. I have tested this in BBM and Text and it's fixed. Go figure...... Needless to say I am Very happy about this.

* I think it was just the several re-boots that did the trick, but there was one more thing I did before I re-booted, I deleted the new password keeper app before the last re-boot, it had never been used. I don't know if this made the difference or not.

Update:
    I've discovered what causes the keyboard letters not to be recognized on the edges of the keyboard when you try to press them. It depends on whether magnify mode is turned on or not.
    When you turn off Magnify mode, Settings>Accessibility>Magnify Mode off - the keyboard works fine.
    Turn Magnify mode back on and the above problems with the keyboard immediately return.
    This apparently is a bug with Magnify mode in 10.3 on the Z10 because I 've always had Magnify mode enabled on all other versions of BB10 with no issues.
    Last edited by a13510; 02-28-15 at 05:12 PM.
    crack_me_up likes this.
    02-27-15 05:15 PM
    OTA update and no issues.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-27-15 05:15 PM
    OTA update and no serious issues. I always do a security wipe before a big update and after that I ONLY restore Settings from BlackBerry Link, because of the contacts. I use that opportunity to not download any apps that I haven't used in a while.

Overall the OS is great, with my only complaint that it stutters quite often (it's not slow, but the animations/transitions are often choppy)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 05:53 PM
    I've updated to the latest official software update and have had problems since. Can anyone suggest or comment on this? Firstly, when I unlock the phone (after the password entry), the screen zooms so I have to pinch it back down to fit it back on the screen. It does this every single time. And not just a little, it zooms in so much it has to be brought back down. This is a nuisance. Next, I've had my device since roll out date and I've found it the best device ever for typing quickly using the swipe feature over the frets. After the update, it's a nightmare. The screen is not responding all the time so sometimes I have to tap, tap, tap, tap, to get it to respond. Once it gets going, the outer characters are slow or unresponsive so we're talking the A, shift, P, L, back space, return and all the frets above those. Even my password. My first digit is a "1" so when I tap the number, sometimes it doesn't respond, and sometimes it pops in a "!"...so irritating. And 15% better battery life - no way! Typically I used to get through the day and that's not the case anymore. My main concern is the screen responsiveness when typing. My husband just picked up a classic so I played with his keyboard but I have really embraced the keyboard on my Z10 and I would rather get it back where it was. Any suggestions?
    System settings >accessibility >turn off screen resize
    Fixed mine.
    02-27-15 06:11 PM
    I have t mobile z10 and used sachies to update to 10.3.1.1581 from Rodgers Canada and everything is working fine no bugs at all

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 06:28 PM
    Redundant information. See post #18
    02-27-15 07:04 PM
    Official release is no different than leaks we had before - too many issues. See sticky threads. Many bugs never got fixed. Advice to use destructive Autoloader or Sachesi to update is just ridiculous. BlackBerry OTA update is unpredictable, from "almost no issues" to "my phone won't boot". Use at your own risk. I'm going to skip entirely this "new and exciting" update.
    02-27-15 07:24 PM
    Official release is no different than leaks we had before - too many issues. See sticky threads. Many bugs never got fixed. Advice to use destructive Autoloader or Sachesi to update is just ridiculous. BlackBerry OTA update is unpredictable, from "almost no issues" to "my phone won't boot". Use at your own risk. I'm going to skip entirely this "new and exciting" update.
    That's one person's opinion. Working fine for me. The current issues are not significant for me to roll back to 10.2.

Depends on what you mean by "working fine."

YOU need to read up on the issues, then YOU decide if it's worth it for YOUR phone.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    02-27-15 07:36 PM
    That's one person's opinion.
    Yes, backed up by over hundred threads with issues described in details. If you like your Dropbox (or Box, or OneDrive) files access 3 times slower, as an example only - enjoy the update!
    02-27-15 07:44 PM
    I have lost my WI-FI calling application with the 10.3 update. It was working fine under 10.2 - carrier T-Mobile USA. No update is coming any time soon from the carrier, as I learned from Customer Service. Other than that, no complains.
    02-27-15 10:59 PM
    Works great on mine! Smooth and battery seems to have improved.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:13 PM
59 123