Well shoot... I put my first coat of Fusso on the phone last night. Followed the instructions and made sure to not touch it overnight. Sadly it didn't fix it or even make it less noticeable. Whatever BlackBerry tried to use for an anti-fingerprint treatment is powerful stuff and is far better than this. I'm thinking this is basically expensive rain-x that evaporates really fast

As suggested by them, I will re apply a few times and post again if it does fix it, but to anyone else reading this - don't waste the money lol
    05-16-13 09:24 AM
    Mine will be replaced, I'm getting it tomorrow... just had 5 days since I bought it, sad. I really hope next one is not deffective or I'll move away from BB forever.
    05-21-13 11:26 PM
    Who the fk licks their phone though? Weirdos.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    05-21-13 11:29 PM
    Well shoot... I put my first coat of Fusso on the phone last night. Followed the instructions and made sure to not touch it overnight. Sadly it didn't fix it or even make it less noticeable. Whatever BlackBerry tried to use for an anti-fingerprint treatment is powerful stuff and is far better than this. I'm thinking this is basically expensive rain-x that evaporates really fast

As suggested by them, I will re apply a few times and post again if it does fix it, but to anyone else reading this - don't waste the money lol
    Crap. That sucks to hear that

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:00 AM
    Crap. That sucks to hear that

Posted via CB10
    Let us know if more coatings help. Also, I heard that using some plastic on your finger to rub in the fusso works better than using their cloth since the cloth absorbs a lot of the liquid.

Also, maybe try applying the fusso directly to spots with the biggest smudges and working it in with a (plastic covered) finger.

(FYI: by plastic covered finger, I just mean a finger inside a thin zip lock bag or something so your finger doesn't absorb the fusso and it all goes to the phone screen)

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:05 AM
    I have been dealing with this problem for sometime and it was becoming a tad annoying. I thought it was just me but after reading this thread I know I'm not alone.

Got a good screen protector cleaned the screen and installed. I've been using it now hardcore for the last couple of hours and nothing comes back.

I was skeptical about a screen protector as I thought it would screw up my experience. Its actually made it better.

I wish I could nail down the reason for it. But i dont even notice the screen protector.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    06-13-13 04:26 PM
    So what screen protector did you put on ?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:36 PM
    I just want to thank everyone who took the time to post to this forum about this issue. My phone had the same problem - uneven areas that resisted fingerprints and water, always in the same pattern, which made my screen hard to use and read by the end of the day - and this thread helped me feel a little less crazy when Verizon tried to deny me a new phone. The only reason I finally got a new phone was because I was within my 14 day return window, not because they ever acknowledged the problem (even though the reps could see it plain as day). Blackberry really needs to recognize this as an issue, because if you discover this outside of your return window, or you don't have a carrier to support your device, you're just out of luck and that's not acceptable when you've just bought a brand new phone. Thank you all, and keep fighting. I love my new smudge-free Z10, and I'm so happy I pushed and pushed and pushed Verizon to give it to me.
    11-20-13 01:56 PM
    Your theory seems accurate when I think about it. I have the same problem on my Z10. I left my screen protector on while running setup. It got quite hot, as you said, and the installation procedure lasted quite some time. I must have left the protector on for 2 hours. Then, I started to remove half of the screen protector, and changed my mind and put it back, thinking I should not remove the protector until I have something else to replace it with. Later, when the phone was colder, I finally removed the screen protector entirely. I could see a definite difference between the right half and left half of the screen. Unfortunately I don't remember which half I tried to remove first but I am pretty sure I pulled the tab on the right side. The left side of my screen is smudge free. The right side of the screen is easy to smudge.

It would seem that removing the screen protector while the phone is warm will strip away the protective coating, like you said!
    02-25-14 05:03 PM
    I set up the phone with the factory protector left on. After about an hour my son decided to take off the protector. I stopped him, and told him I wanted it to stay on, but he took it half off (the right half) before I could stop him. After it cooled down, I removed it. The right half is now the side with the smudges. The left half is perfect.

Moral of the story, remove your protector immediately!
    02-25-14 05:10 PM
    This makes total sense if in fact the film on the BlackBerry was in some way reacting with the coating on the glass. Because if whatever residue left behind had hardened transparently to the screen but was more vulnerable to retaining oils it would give that particular spot a hydrophobic quality being that water will not mix with oil. It could be that the residual spots broke down over time as they cured and thus removed when the screen protector was lifted from the face of the phone. I'm not saying this IS the only possible answer but rather that it looks more and more compelling that this could be a possible answer to the question of what these smudges are. As for me I've decided to just leave my protector on and not even check... I'm overly happy with my phone as it is and the fact remains that I've only seen this reported on maybe 20 posts. Under the assumption that 30 to 40 percent of people who bought this phone actually use this forum or where brought to it by Google if they noticed a problem and the fact that BlackBerry reported roughly 1 million sales equates to a less than 1% effective rate of occurance. Easily within the margins of user / manufacturing tolerance by any product standard.

Via Zed using CB10
    Im convinced your theories are accurate. The protector seems to interact with the screen, and if you remove the protector while the screen is warm it removes the coating.

If the theory is true, I should be able to put the protector back on, let it get warm through normal usage, remove it when its cold and it should be as good as new. We'll see.
    02-25-14 05:15 PM
    I read the whole thread and am too afraid to try the cleaning methods described here. Instead, I bought the BlackBerry Transformer case which came with a screen protector. The smudges disappeared with the screen protector on.
    Odd smudges on screen-2014-03-02-20.00.37.jpg
    03-02-14 07:01 PM
137 ... 456