[QUOTE=Gix1k;8268358]Man, this was driving me crazy. I totally thought it was crap on my thumb!

I figured it was residue from the screen cover they put on during shipment... and expected it to go away. I didn't realize there was something wrong until my wife got hers and it was flawless w/ a different feel to her screen.
    04-06-13 10:43 AM
    I'm standing in line right now at Verizon getting mine exchanged. They are doing it with no hassle at all. I sure hope this new one doesn't have the issue.
    Good for you.
    Good luck with the new device. I hope that it is going to be fine!
    Now I have to fly from Greece to the UK to exchange mine...
    Gix1k likes this.
    04-06-13 10:53 AM
    Does the warranty service go through directly to blackberry or from the retail store I purchased it from? On this site here: Contact Us - Canada
    It states to contact the point of purchase retailer.
    04-06-13 10:53 AM
    BlackBerry needs to address this..

Smudgegate!!
    04-06-13 10:57 AM
    Brand new!!!

akavbb likes this.
    04-06-13 11:07 AM
    Well done. ;-)

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    04-06-13 12:53 PM
    Does the warranty service go through directly to blackberry or from the retail store I purchased it from? On this site here: Contact Us - Canada
    It states to contact the point of purchase retailer.
    As they told me it is the seller's responsibility to replace.

04-06-13 12:54 PM
    One question for all the ones with the problem. Are we all Mexico 6 built. And also, what skin are you using? Might it be pouch related?

04-06-13 12:56 PM
    What makes you think a simple detergent will remove it if I've used all the things mentioned above and it won't come off? I have tried multiple times.
    I didn't explain clearly. If it needs more than simple detergent there's already something wrong, and going to more aggressive cleaning methods risks more damage to the screen. You can actually remove the coating which makes the screen resist fingerprints if you pick an incompatible cleaner.
    04-07-13 08:06 AM
    I had the same issue. Returned phone on last day of buyer remorse Window. New phone has no issues. Screen is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:19 AM
    I didn't explain clearly. If it needs more than simple detergent there's already something wrong, and going to more aggressive cleaning methods risks more damage to the screen. You can actually remove the coating which makes the screen resist fingerprints if you pick an incompatible cleaner.
    I think this is actually the case with the faulty screens, this film is being removed slowly somehow.
    04-07-13 10:25 AM
    Not a great fix, but maybe put on a quality screen protector to homogenize the feel? Most people put one on anyways.
    a screen protector fixed the issue for me. I had a few "spots" that showed up on mine all the time. A Ghost Armor protector, and fixed it completely and I like that the screen is now protected from light scratches etc.
    04-08-13 11:51 AM
37 12