OK O2 ... as per usual you're late .. where's the update?
    07-30-13 07:46 AM
    Yeah come on o2! I got fed up last time and stuck a Vodafone sim in.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:42 AM
    Message on Twitter in response to me asking where the update is

"Hi Steve, we're testing a maintenance update for the Z10 but as yet have no further details, watch out for updates"
    07-30-13 10:05 AM
    Message on Twitter in response to me asking where the update is

"Hi Steve, we're testing a maintenance update for the Z10 but as yet have no further details, watch out for updates"
    their lack of update is a blessing in disguise. trust me. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-1-mr-833454/
    07-30-13 10:15 AM
    their lack of update is a blessing in disguise. trust me. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-1-mr-833454/
    You do know you are advised to back everything up before you download in case something like this happens are you on a crusade to whine about it on every thread that is started

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-30-13 11:00 AM
    You do know you are advised to back everything up before you download in case something like this happens are you on a crusade to whine about it on every thread that is started

Posted via CB10
    You do know this is a forum where users are allowed to impart their opinions right? That's ok then.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:03 AM
    You do know this is a forum where users are allowed to impart their opinions right? That's ok then.
    That rather cuts both ways, wouldn't you say?
    07-30-13 11:09 AM
    That rather cuts both ways, wouldn't you say?
    I would, but we must all admit the sms issue is real. its a statement of fact and not a statement of opinion. thoughts surrounding that fact are obviously opinion, but the base fact that users have had sms messages disappear from their phones when upgrading is very true.

I`ll put it like this, if you want someone that's honest about both pro`s and con`s of a OS, then hello, but if you think im gonna sit round a campfire, sing kymbyah and say all is perfect when it isn't, well your very much looking at the wrong person lol.
    07-30-13 11:15 AM
    I always expect updates to do something like this, this is why backups should be made prior to updates if it's vitally important.

If someone updates without backing up and loses data they, IMHO, don't really have anything to carp about really.

Updates are often major undertakings.
    der_mit likes this.
    07-30-13 11:17 AM
    I always expect updates to do something like this, this is why backups should be made prior to updates if it's vitally important.

If someone updates without backing up and loses data they, IMHO, don't really have anything to carp about really.

Updates are often major undertakings.
    firstly in principle I agree, however its a MR update, now look at the windows environment and the MR updates pushed every other Tuesday. how often do you backup for that? right.

Also lets make no bones about it, the BlackBerry Link software is a long way from being decent. its slow (no matter what pc specs you have) and the backup time is akin to a lifetime.

Also lastly, we live in an age where not everyone that owns a mobile phone owns a pc, so its always going to be the case that people don't backup their stuff. p.s in BBOS my texts were backed up by protect, what happened to BB10?
    07-30-13 11:21 AM
    Just all leave o2 join a proper network like ee or Vodafone and get the update that way u can all stop crying on your keyboards.

On a more serious note o2 are renowned for been slower than a snail with ebola.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:24 AM
    Had no such issues with my update on vodafone, after downloading and installing..all my messages were still there in the hub.
    07-30-13 11:25 AM
    Had no such issues with my update on vodafone, after downloading and installing..all my messages were still there in the hub.
    yup, as the forums activity and that post I linked to shows, its very much pot luck to if you lose or keep your sms messages.
    07-30-13 11:26 AM
    I would, but we must all admit the sms issue is real. its a statement of fact and not a statement of opinion. thoughts surrounding that fact are obviously opinion, but the base fact that users have had sms messages disappear from their phones when upgrading is very true.

I`ll put it like this, if you want someone that's honest about both pro`s and con`s of a OS, then hello, but if you think im gonna sit round a campfire, sing kymbyah and say all is perfect when it isn't, well your very much looking at the wrong person lol.
    There's a difference between being Frank and Earnest, and following every thread on the subject, determined to make the same damn point.

I don't think anybody is expecting you to just sit there holding your yank, but all the same, is there really such a need for Mission Improbable?
    07-30-13 11:40 AM
    There's a difference between being Frank and Earnest, and following every thread on the subject, determined to make the same damn point.

I don't think anybody is expecting you to just sit there holding your yank, but all the same, is there really such a need for Mission Improbable?
    I dunno, isn't the same true of you? at least my comments were semi relevant to the topic, your comments seem directed only at me and not to do with the topic, so maybe your the one being more earnest than frank? I dunno, to be clear I also don't know frank, but im sure he`s a cool dude
    07-30-13 11:43 AM
    I dunno, isn't the same true of you? at least my comments were semi relevant to the topic, your comments seem directed only at me and not to do with the topic, so maybe your the one being more earnest than frank? I dunno, to be clear I also don't know frank, but im sure he`s a cool dude
    How so?

I replied to you on another thread about this, and I merely corrected some inaccuracies.

As I read several other threads, there you are, saying the same damn thing.

Does every thread on this software release, whatever the carrier, need you to chuck in your comments about you losing your texts?

Just that after a while, it looks more like a campaign and about you, than it looks like somebody simply wanting to report their findings.
    07-30-13 03:10 PM

Does every thread on this software release, whatever the carrier, need you to chuck in your comments about you losing your texts?
    im so sorry forum police, but let me say right now, if your gonna plant words in my mouth you had best be able to prove your comments, so where you say `chuck in your comments about you losing your texts` I would LOVE to see where, before you decided you were suddenly the forum police, that I mentioned me losing my texts.

you should very clearly note, that all I did was comment that it may be a blessing in disguise then linked the OP to a thread. I did NOT state that I had losts my texts, I also didn't say anyone should not update either, all I did was point out that people are having issues. this is a matter of FACT which you seem unable to see.

So no, before you (and others) decided to self police the forum, you`ll note I simply pointed out there were some issues. Now personally as an end user if there were issues and someone didn't tell me then I had the same issues, id be kinda upset and annoyed both with the issue and the users that didn't tell me, so have you ever thought that maybe by actually admitting people are having a problem and spreading that word, then people can prepare themselves before they upgrade so they don't also encounter it?

of course you didn't, you don't think that way, you simply see it as someone pointing out a flaw and not the good that can actually come out of it.

Anyway, I`ll thank you NOT to put words in my mouth, id also thank you to be realistic about people giving feedback, but I figure that's just a waste of time, so instead I`ll direct you to a thread which may help you see what im talking about http://forums.crackberry.com/general...roblem-833015/
    07-30-13 03:21 PM
    This is about o2 update not your arguing such drama about nothing.

If u wish to carry this on do through PM and don't spoil the op thread.

No I'm not forum police either but get a grip and grow up who cares.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:27 PM
    This is about o2 update not your arguing such drama about nothing.
    if you consider people losing their information on their devices as nothing, then well there really is nothing left to say is there.
    07-30-13 03:30 PM
    im so sorry forum police, but let me say right now, if your gonna plant words in my mouth you had best be able to prove your comments, so where you say `chuck in your comments about you losing your texts` I would LOVE to see where, before you decided you were suddenly the forum police, that I mentioned me losing my texts.
    That would be here then, in fact, I'll quote...
    Well I didn't pull the battery either and I did lose texts. All I can tell you is it ain't my fault. Which means it's the device in some way shape or form.
    So... lying there, or here, which one is it?

you should very clearly note, that all I did was comment that it may be a blessing in disguise then linked the OP to a thread. I did NOT state that I had losts my texts
    Um, yes you did.

He's behind you...

Anyway, I`ll thank you NOT to put words in my mouth, id also thank you to be realistic about people giving feedback, but I figure that's just a waste of time, so instead I`ll direct you to a thread which may help you see what im talking about http://forums.crackberry.com/general...roblem-833015/
    I'll treat your waffle and defence with the contempt it deserves, if you can't even get your story straight, before such a robust defence.

And lets us be straight, son - before you start any of that condescending with me, sunshine - I'm not trying to suggest for a second that people keep schtum about any problems they're having. Merely that going around several threads on the subject, desperately trying to point it out, looks like you're almost trying to exaggerate, than shoot for accuracy.

And next time, it might be an idea to consider what you've previously posted, before making accusations of somebody "putting words in your mouth" or whatever rubbish you've tried to say about what I've said about what you've posted. Words mean something - and either you were lying in your previous post, or you are, now.
    07-30-13 03:56 PM
    That would be here then, in fact, I'll quote...

So... lying there, or here, which one is it?

Um, yes you did.

He's behind you...

I'll treat your waffle and defence with the contempt it deserves, if you can't even get your story straight, before such a robust defence.

And lets us be straight, son - before you start any of that condescending with me, sunshine - I'm not trying to suggest for a second that people keep schtum about any problems they're having. Merely that going around several threads on the subject, desperately trying to point it out, looks like you're almost trying to exaggerate, than shoot for accuracy.

And next time, it might be an idea to consider what you've previously posted, before making accusations of somebody "putting words in your mouth" or whatever rubbish you've tried to say about what I've said about what you've posted. Words mean something - and either you were lying in your previous post, or you are, now.
    well, I suggest you relearn how to read, as you plainly quoted where I very clearly said
    I would LOVE to see where, before you decided you were suddenly the forum police, that I mentioned me losing my texts.
    please note I enlarged the very important word as you seem to of missed it, hopefully with it being larger that wont happen again.

As for making comments in another thread, well that's why I posted a link to the other thread, so that it wasn't `just me` saying it, but so that the OP could be aware and make an objective decision based upon the experiences of many others (after all I didn't start that thread) and not just one person. im sure you`ll agree that actually makes some sense.actually makes more sense as the OP wouldn't know what anyone had said if nobody had pointed him to it, now the OP is aware I really don't see your issue.

as for your comments about talking condescendingly, any words you utter after that are undone by calling me `son` and `sunshine` as those are both condescending terms and therefore would make you a hypocrite if nothing else.

Anyways, I`ll leave you with this little thought in general on the sms issue.
    When the BBM outage happened, CB kevin expressed at least some happiness that it was covered by the media, as It meant normal average people still cared about BlackBerry.
    I`d suggest that while the lack of negative PR is a nice thing, the lack of any media caring enough to post about it (heck even CB have avoided it) is actually a very serious indicator of how little the public care for BlackBerry.

Feel free to discuss that, but given you openly condescending `son` and `sunshine` remarks, your someone who I wouldn't care to listen to so I`ll just let you know, I hit the ignore button.
    07-30-13 04:32 PM
    I'm on the 10.2 leak. 10.1 is so February

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:42 PM
    well, I suggest you relearn how to read, as you plainly quoted where I very clearly said

please note I enlarged the very important word as you seem to of missed it, hopefully with it being larger that wont happen again.
    I didn't miss anything. And quite patently you did lie, and have been caught doing so - no wonder you want to put me on your ignore list.

Feel free to discuss that, but given you openly condescending `son` and `sunshine` remarks, your someone who I wouldn't care to listen to so I`ll just let you know, I hit the ignore button.
    Good for you.

And just for posterity - there's a clear difference between reporting the facts, where relevant, and going around practically every thread on the update, adding or linking to another thread. I'm not suggesting for one second that people should cover up, or hand-wave away faults - but by the same token, spamming practically every possible thread on the subject, has sailed past accurately reporting, or warning others, and gone way into troll territory - as has lying about what you've said previously.

And as to me speaking to you in a condescending tone - well you damned well deserved it after lying, then trying to be condescending to me. I'd rather be a hypocrit, than a provable liar.
    07-30-13 04:49 PM
    I loaded the o2 update this morning, no problems.

Bob's mobile
    08-01-13 12:39 PM
    I loaded the o2 update this morning, no problems.

Bob's mobile
    Ok, back on topic... Thanks for that Bobsgolf, the missus is on O2 and she's a lot less patient than me so to know you're ok is a good sign before I upgrade her

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    08-01-13 12:52 PM