First off, thanks for helping me decide to purchase my z10.
    Now that I've purchased my z10, I need some help answering some more questions...

1) I have read articles about "side loading" apps. What is this and can it work on Windows Phone apps as well as Android?
    2) Does anyone know of good software for converting old Zune videos (DRM) to something playable on my z10?
    3) Where can I purchase television shows and movies on my z10? Music?
    4) I have also read on this site (this site rocks, by the way!) that you can download the Amazon App Store. Will there be or is there a way to watch videos purchased on Amazon on the z10?
    5) Everyone is talking about the latest OS. a) What is it? b) What are the benefits of it?, and c) How can I know if I have it and if not, where can I get it?

Once again, Thanks in advance!
    09-08-14 03:20 PM
    First off, thanks for helping me decide to purchase my z10.
    Now that I've purchased my z10, I need some help answering some more questions...

1) I have read articles about "side loading" apps. What is this and can it work on Windows Phone apps as well as Android?
    No, only Android apps sideloaded or thru the amazon app Store.
    2) Does anyone know of good software for converting old Zune videos (DRM) to something playable on my z10?
    You might try Aimersoft Video Converter, will convert any movie to just about any format/codec.
    Try Showbox for movies, Pandora for music.
    4) I have also read on this site (this site rocks, by the way!) that you can download the Amazon App Store. Will there be or is there a way to watch videos purchased on Amazon on the z10?
    Go here: How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com
    5) Everyone is talking about the latest OS.
    a) What is it? 10.2.xxxx at this time
    b) What are the benefits of it?, and
    c) How can I know if I have it and if not, where can I get it? Your device will tell if there is an "Official" update in the Hub. You can go into the setting and find the OS version currently installed. Be carefull of "leaked" or OS with autoloaders, as the name suggests, they are leaks, not offiacial, and can have some features/functions disabled or hobbled. Stick with official for now....

Once again, Thanks in advance!
    09-08-14 03:36 PM
    [QUOTE=dlowe23;10815532]First off, thanks for helping me decide to purchase my z10.

Only app you will need to sideload will be Snap. It has apps that mirror Google Play and you can use most of if they are not reliant on Google Services. I tend to use more native BlackBerry apps, but I am sure others can help you more with this. Do a search on the forum for steps on sideloading this app. It is pretty easy.

5) Everyone is talking about the latest OS. a) What is it? b) What are the benefits of it?, and c) How can I know if I have it and if not, where can I get it?

They are talking about installing the new OS 10.3 leaks. You have the 10.2 Official OS. Do a search on Autoloader for 1154 and that should bring you to the thread so you can read more about it. There are also step by step instructions on how to install the leaks. You can do it via Sachesi which is non destructive or Autoloaders. I have it on my devices and I love how the Hub is fully utilized, file management is better, some report better Android runtimes. Just improvements over the 10.2 although some do not like the flat icon look.

Recommend reading up first before attempting the leaks. You will see pros and cons. I have found the 1154 to be stable.

Here's a post that asks about zune and video player too: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=957104

Good luck.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-08-14 03:40 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think DRM locks a file to a device, meaning you probably can't play a DRM protected file on any device other than the one it was purchased with.

Music you can get with the 7Digital app from BlackBerry World.

Don't think so. Some people think the ability to watch Amazon Video is coming. Me, I doubt it. We can download Amazon apps, but I think that's all we're going to get.

It's a leaked pre-release OS, and as such can be problematic, either with bugs in the OS itself or the way it's installed. The latest 10.3's have some nifty new features, but nothing earth-shattering, IMHO.
    09-08-14 04:00 PM
    1) "side loading" apps works only for Android apps. You can do this easiest by just side loading Snap app and then just loading from within the app. You can get SideSwype from sideswype.me to load Snap as the instructions are easy and if I remember correctly you get a few free uses of SideSwype.

2) nothing can convert drm

3) I use Amazon to buy music and shows. Also highly recommend rhapsody which is only $10 a month and allows for unlimited downloads and instant searching along with recommendations for other artists and such

4) do the 10.3 and amazon comes installed. Videos from there work fine

5) a) 10.3.0.1154 b) faster, more features, better android integration and app compatibility, better camera functions, and c) you won't have it yet, but, search the forums here

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 05:05 PM