Just to think that the z10 and the current OS is the worst device and version BlackBerry is ever going to have... Can't wait to see what it's going to look like in just a year's time!
    And......let the lynching begin.mm hehe

Posted via ZED10.
    04-01-13 11:22 PM
    But, like I said, I need this for therapy because of my love for BB.
    When did you say that....?
    04-01-13 11:27 PM
    it's hilarious how there are fanboys who still shout that there's nothing wrong with these phones.
    I am a fanboy but haven't had ONE issue with my phone. And that comment has nothing to do with being a fanboy.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:29 PM
    I am a fanboy but haven't had ONE issue with my phone. And that comment has nothing to do with being a fanboy.
    Okay. The question is this. When you read through a thread where an obvious non-troll posts with a known issue and several people post saying they're seeing the same thing, do you immediately post 'It's not happening to me!!' 'OP is a troll!!' 'There's nothing wrong with the phone!!'? That's what I see all the time. It's way dumber than the obvious BBRY-bashing troll posts.

Just because you're not experiencing any issues, it doesn't mean there aren't serious issues. There are. Most likely they'll get worked out over time.
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:56 PM
    Seriously, you gave up on the Z10 because there was no dedicated email button? And us older folk can't handle swiping? Then you say "It's no iphone " like that's a bad thing. I'd say that you really aren't a BlackBerry fan, just someone trying to stir up trouble.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:37 AM
    Holy Crap!! Going to be 77 in July and thought the swipes would be good exercise for me. You wait till after I order it to tell me it's not for us old timers. Oh well, at least when it rings I can pull it out of the holster and say "hello". Try that with your Android.
    LOL!
    maddie1128 likes this.
    04-02-13 02:12 AM
    One thing i love about the Z10 is the lack of HARDWARE buttons, best decision EVER!!!. Why you ask??, less parts to cause issues and break down. As much as i loved my 9900, my 9780 and 9000 before the Z10 is the fact that after a few mths of use, the damn trackpads or trackballs would start to give me issues ie not responding or getting clogged up with dirt. Sure they were great for selective copying and pasting but im glad they are no longer on the Z10.
    As i said, the less parts to break down and give users issues the better.

But yes the Z10 will take some time getting used to, i have a playbook and it took me a day or 2 to finally get to grips with my z10. One thing is for sure, its not a phone for everyone and does take time getting used to.
    Not sure I agree with that. I've never had a phone's buttons break on me over the course of 2 years. Seen it happen on older BB's though as you mentioned. I never owned a BB phone.
    04-02-13 03:25 AM
    I'm sure I will have some haters, but I have to get it off my chest, sort of talking to a therapist. I've always been a blackberry fan, since the early 1990's. Loved everything about them....

But, like I said, I need this for therapy because of my love for BB.
    When did you say that....?
    Ummmm... pretty obvious I would think.
    jhnptrlimo1 likes this.
    04-02-13 03:41 AM
    Reading that makes me think that the iPhone is becoming more and more for the elderly

Posted via CB10
    Ah......those elderly folks I see on the train every morning are very well preserved. They look like a bunch of teens, twenty and thirty somethings to me.

Who knew.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    04-02-13 03:47 AM
    over 50% of Z10 buyers are newcomers from other platforms, i guess they know the better smart phone when they see one...
    Dave Bourque and maddie1128 like this.
    04-02-13 07:11 AM
    I agree with OP that Z10 is missing ... something. I love the phone, I love gestures ... but I miss the trackpad. I tend to jump around the screen a lot when writing, to add/alter txt to an already typed paragraph, it takes ME forever to touch the correct spot on screen. I had a touch screen on the Torch, and only used it to swipe thru photos ... otherwise it was always the trackpad.

I've been using QWERTY since 6280 ... I've been using Z10 for 13days (14 day return period) ... so I realize this is barely a fair comparison. But personally I'm having a really hard time with the keyboard. It is a GREAT VIRTUAL KEYBOARD. And it does most of the fabulous extras bb designed into their physical keyboard - adds punctuation, predictive type is awesome. But the phone is slightly too narrow for both hands to work fluidly and my thumbs quickly feel achy. I find myself typing with one finger alot by default. Which is quick, but much slower than my productivity on a bb with qwerty. Or i use the landscape mode for typing ... which doesn't work in every app.

So i'll probably return Z10 and look at the Q10 when it arrives. It looks to be a better width, but it's still missing that amazing trackpad ...

ETA - just looked at photos of Q10 online. Yikes - it looks too wide! My husband just got a new Bold through his work ... keyboard seems ideal width for me. But the comparison images between the Bold & Q10 show the Q10 to be much wider. Sighhh ... beginning to feel like Goldielocks!
    Last edited by 2cats1dog; 04-02-13 at 09:29 AM.
    04-02-13 08:54 AM
    Yikes, OP! Walloftext alert: Please learn to break up such long posts into paragraphs.

As for older folks and newer phones, my 76-year-old uncle just got a Samsung Note II, and he really likes it. Yeah, it's very complex, but the gigantic screen is a real plus for him.
    04-02-13 08:58 AM
    Another problem for me is how BBRY throws its loyal customers under the bus with their warranty policy, which forces the buyer to deal with the 'point of sale entity' for repair/replacement. This is diametrically opposed to the policy of companies who want to be seen as industry leaders, like Apple, Google (Nexus), Lenovo, as well as the makers of all my high end audio gear. In those cases, if you have an issue, you go the the maker and they fix it (within warranty) or replace it.

I asked a Blackberry CS guy at Kitchener point blank whether Telus sends its phones to Blackberry for repair or uses a third party, and he said 'it depends'. Are you kidding me??
    I completely agree with you about this. I've had a very frustrating time helping a family member with their repair issue. Since I'm such a huge fan of BB, I volunteered to help ... only to be stunned how awful their CS can be.

Just out of warranty phone with a glitch - service provider tells us to go to BB, who tells us to go back to SP, who tells sends us to 3rd party repair places. 3rd party tries but can't resolve the issue - Now the problem has escalated so the keyboard also doesn't work. And their website offers no phone number to contact their location directly ... we live an hour away from Waterloo, I was tempted to drive over to their head office! In the end, I loaned him my old curve to use until his contract expires. Do you think he'll be tempted to get another BB???
    04-02-13 09:16 AM
    Seriously, you gave up on the Z10 because there was no dedicated email button? And us older folk can't handle swiping? Then you say "It's no iphone " like that's a bad thing. I'd say that you really aren't a BlackBerry fan, just someone trying to stir up trouble.

Posted via CB10
    I could be wrong but I think when he said email button he meant email icon. I also think a number of people would like an email icon.
    geestarkz and maddie8211 like this.
    04-02-13 11:48 AM
    I'm sure I will have some haters, but I have to get it off my chest, sort of talking to a therapist. I've always been a blackberry fan, since the early 1990's. Loved everything about them...the emails, the notification light that is like a beacon, the profiles, etc. I was looking forward to the z10 or at least a new device for over a year. I got it, an although there were a lot of things improved, especially the keyboard I have to say I was pretty disappointed. Now this is where people well say, then move on and good luck. But, like I said, I need this for therapy because of my love for BB. With that...here I go. How they possibly could leave out a button for the emails is beyond me. The company is so great with email gave one for texts, but not for email. Hello? Going to the hub is fairly easy, but definitely not as easy as going to push a dedicated email button. The peaking is a great feature, but I would have to guess that a majority of older people, say in the 50's, 60's are going to have a hard time with all of the swiping involved. Why not leave the swiping, but have a dedicated back button too? I realize swiping is easy, but I showed it to my father is recently switched from BB to iphone, and he was completely lost. Could he get the hang of it, probably....but if he went into a store to buy a phone I know he would be lost with the swiping and go with something a little easier. I say this cause I truly think BB will lose some people with this. I'm not a huge fan of apps, but I do have my neccessary ones such as my banking apps, camera app to see what is happening at my office when I'm not there and a few aviation apps. I was pretty excited to hear I could sideload them. Yeah...I figured it out pretty easily, but no way will the older folk who are in there 50's 60's figure it out. Anyway, out of the 8 apps I sideloaded included my local bank, Bank of America, ip camera app and others...one worked, which was American Express. One. Yeah, I could go to the website and do it all, but it is definitly not as easy. Operating system seems slightly laggy with having to open, open frames. This may be fixed in time, but for a system which was delayed to be perfected, they sure didn't perfect it. I'm not a hater...I truly love BB, but just really disappointed. I returned my and bought another smart phone...NOT AN IPHONE, and with all of the customization with every application...I'm just surprised BB didn't bring more to the table. I really hope they get there act together. I really love their phones or what used to be, but I really think they have a little ways to go.
    I'm in my late 50s, and I'm coming from a Bold 9700 running OS5. Swiping is the least of my problems. I've had the Z10 for a week now and I actually agree with many of your points. But I am also hoping that these issues will be fixed in future updates. I have tried the iPhone and loathed the OS, and the S3 seems to have too many bugs. Let us be thankful that there are more than two OS available...
    04-02-13 01:46 PM
    We knew the z10 was a 1st Gen device. No denying it. So, whatever anyone thinks is missing (aside from apps), the z10 will be a collectors item for some members in 6 - 10 months from now. So, if this is not what you really want, why suffer?
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-13 05:47 PM
266 ... 91011