Go back to nexus pal

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:32 PM
    Android does it quite well too with jellybean and ics. Does t mean you still dont need to manually clear it every so often. I start up z10 with 1300 mb of ram. After 20 minutes I'm down to 840 mb with Twitter running.

QNX ain't perfect either there smokey.
    Not sure I agree, I'm coming from 3 different android devices since my previous BB Storm circa 2010... All had me constantly trying to close apps and manage memory usage. So far I have seen no issues like that with my Z10 after 6 weeks.. I do have some things that I hope change, ie Outlook PST local sync, etc but by and large this device is just superb..

I just rebooted it, had 1.4GB free, started up 8 apps, 6 games and am down to 980mb free. seems super smooth still, in fact I see no difference in performance, going in and out of Hub and browsing the web. Closed all apps and am back to 1.3GB, no way any of my androids would do that.

Now I know I am only 1 example, but others should be similar unless there phones are defective. This thing just rocks..
    03-24-13 05:55 PM
    To be fair this is because of the launchers more than anything. Samsung's TouchWiz, HTC's Sense, etc.. use a TON of CPU/RAM and cause more lag than anything else. That is why AOSP Roms/Nexus devices are smoother as an OS. Still I find BBX and WP8 smoother.
    I'll be honest, I had my s3 rooted with wanamlite rom which was very fast and smooth but after a day or 2, it would start crunching to a halt ie lags etc.
    So I un rooted it and went with a standard Samsung rom...again after a few days it would start to lag...so much for quad core lol.

Point I am trying to make is that for me, android isn't as efficient as QNX when it comes to managing ram on a device. Android can have as many cores as it likes on their devices but brute horsepower doesn't mean a thing when it starts to bog down after a few days of useage.

If rumours are true about the Aristo device which will have beefier specs than what the z10 has then dear god is QNX/BB10 going to blow everything out of the water.

I read somewhere on here or maybe elsewhere that android has alot of code compared to what QNX has...something like 300k line of code compared to 100k line of code that QNX has. no wonder android needs all that horsepower to make it chug along.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:15 PM
    Oh no......a senators fan and now I'm using both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-30-13 05:51 PM
    Expect the same type of response if you go on iMore or another Apple fan site and state something like "The iPhone is cool, but thinking of switching back to my BlackBerry." It is definitely personal preference because I have two phones, contrary to most, the BlackBerry is and has always been my personal device - up until this past Thursday I was on a Torch 9850, now on a Z10 and I don't see any the iPhone is so popular.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:16 PM
    The new Sony Xperia Z and HTC One are beautiful phones that will suck the oxygen out of the room when released in a few weeks, though. For 99% of consumers, they will be the pinnacle of smartphones for the moment.
    03-30-13 06:45 PM
    The new Sony Xperia Z and HTC One are beautiful phones that will suck the oxygen out of the room when released in a few weeks, though. For 99% of consumers, they will be the pinnacle of smartphones for the moment.
    Isn't this the same thing they said for the upcoming Samsung S4? Or the iPhone 5? Beauty is subjective, some people think beauty is the outside appearance, some the hardware inside, some the OS, etc.

99% is a pretty big number and statement. Because 99% of consumer means that it could include Grandma Betty who has no idea what 2gb of ram means, etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:02 PM
    Isn't this the same thing they said for the upcoming Samsung S4? Or the iPhone 5? Beauty is subjective, some people think beauty is the outside appearance, some the hardware inside, some the OS, etc.

99% is a pretty big number and statement. Because 99% of consumer means that it could include Grandma Betty who has no idea what 2gb of ram means, etc.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot about the S4 release too. There's another 50m handsets sold. Thanks for that.

You would give your Grandma Betty a Z10 over a iphone? There's NO WAY my Dad (who's 85) would be able to work a Z10. He's just able to work an iPhone 4.

Here in Australia, Blackberry currently has less than 1% market share. Why do you think?
    03-30-13 07:09 PM
    Anybody else in the same boat? Was a long time BlackBerry user up to the 9700. Switched to the galaxy nexus and was super impressed with customizations and apps.

Not sure what to do. Loving the smoothness of the z10 but man was it fun with a rooted nexus and doing things the z10 can't even come close to.

Posted on my Z10..... while on the can
    I get what you are saying I am in the same boat.. former BBRY user.. gave up nexus 4 for z10.

I am too considering purchasing the HTC One. Bb10 is lacking in many areas compared to Android...Only people who have never used android would say otherwise

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-30-13 07:10 PM
    That Xperia Z is looking mighty fine...
    03-30-13 07:22 PM
    That Xperia Z is looking mighty fine...
    I picked one up last Thursday. I'm trialling it until the HTC One arrives in a few weeks. The Xperia Z is a superior device in just about every way to the Z10. The level of customisation available out of the box is amazing.
    03-30-13 07:30 PM
    I forgot about the S4 release too. There's another 50m handsets sold. Thanks for that.

You would give your Grandma Betty a Z10 over a iphone? There's NO WAY my Dad (who's 85) would be able to work a Z10. He's just able to work an iPhone 4.

Here in Australia, Blackberry currently has less than 1% market share. Why do you think?
    My 50 year-old co-worker has an iPhone 5 for a year now and she doesn't even know about the app store. She just makes calls.

My wife has the S3 and she makes calls/facebook/browseweb/email. She doesn't play games, NFC, S beam, etc.

Both grand-parents has the nexus and they just use it to make phone calls.

Basically, the above people don't research on hardware/OS/looks like you and I do. They enter the store, and the sales guy will try to sell something to meet their quota. I believe you are giving these 99% of the population too much credit. Not everyone will do the same research or are enthusiast like we are.

And the Grandma Betty reference was to your reference on Sony Xperia Z and the HTC One which are both android. So yes, I would give Grandma Betty a Z10 over an Android.
    03-30-13 07:32 PM
    Android is like an American muscle car. Brute horse power, pretty and fast as long as it goes in a straight line.
    BB10 is like a European sports car, lean and fast, especially when cornered hard.
    So you drive both around a circuit with lots of low and high speed corners. At the end of several laps the European sports car comes out fastest, even though it might have less horse power, but it's built for fast lap times.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:38 PM
    Android is like an American muscle car. Brute horse power, pretty and fast as long as it goes in a straight line.
    BB10 is like a European sports car, lean and fast, especially when cornered hard.
    So you drive both around a circuit with lots of low and high speed corners. At the end of several laps the European sports car comes out fastest, even though it might have less horse power, but it's built for fast lap times.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, I can tell you are a car enthusiast. Basically, a Viper is great an all in a straight away, but once you start introducing turns, I'd rather have a Porsche.

But I have to put a caveat to your android analogy; It depends on how each separate company changes the out-of-the-box android. A company can hide 80% of the OS or leave all the features and add even more stuff like Samsung does.
    03-30-13 07:46 PM
    I picked one up last Thursday. I'm trialling it until the HTC One arrives in a few weeks. The Xperia Z is a superior device in just about every way to the Z10. The level of customisation available out of the box is amazing.
    How is the hardware? I have to see if it is rootable too.
    03-30-13 07:51 PM
    Really ? Less than 1% ? Not disclosed but yet you know that ............................

From Commsday.com

AUSTRALIAN AMBITIONS: BlackBerry does not disclose its local market share actual or targets, but Ball said that the firm “does have significant growth rate [targets] both locally and globally. Right now, we are number three in Australia… and that’s locally and globally a highly contested spot… we absolutely have aspirations to maintain and grow.”

03-30-13 07:53 PM
    I won't be able to give up my Z10. Using it has become second nature. I was struggling with my friend's iPhone. The keyboard on the Z10 is way superior.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:00 PM
    Really ? Less than 1% ? Not disclosed but yet you know that ............................

From Commsday.com

AUSTRALIAN AMBITIONS: BlackBerry does not disclose its local market share actual or targets, but Ball said that the firm “does have significant growth rate [targets] both locally and globally. Right now, we are number three in Australia… and that’s locally and globally a highly contested spot… we absolutely have aspirations to maintain and grow.”
    Last i read it was .3% in Australia. But you know that.

Novelty wearing off...kinda miss my nexus?-australia-smartphone-market-share-kantar.png
    03-30-13 08:01 PM
    If you prefer the Nexus go back to it. Nobody holding a gun to your head saying you gotta use the Z10. Each to his/her own. If you prefer the Nexus stick with it. Personally I will be sticking with my Z10 'cos it does all I want it to & some more still!
    The carrier is probably holding a contract to his head

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:03 PM
    The carrier is probably holding a contract to his head

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully he is on a carrier like AT&T, they give you 30-day to reject the phone. Meaning you can't break the contract, but you can change exchange the phone for some other phone. At least this was in place 6 months ago when my wife got the S3.
    03-30-13 08:05 PM
    Lol dual wield, bring out the MMO me

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:10 PM
    How is the hardware? I have to see if it is rootable too.
    I think it's "rootability" will be shown on xda soon i think. Is it coming to America?

The hardware is extraordinary. The screen is amazing, and the battery life is good. The hardware naysayers are all growling about no removable battery, but it does have a SD slot for expansion. I got the Black one and its dazzling to look at. Fingerprint magnet though. The white/silver one looks great too.

One thing I will say, though, is you need fingernails for this thing. With the waterproof covers over the ports, it would be a pain in the arse to get them off without nails.

Some people are saying it's design was taken from an Apple concept phone. It is very very good looking (and super fast with everything).
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-30-13 08:11 PM
    If you prefer the Nexus go back to it. Nobody holding a gun to your head saying you gotta use the Z10. Each to his/her own. If you prefer the Nexus stick with it. Personally I will be sticking with my Z10 'cos it does all I want it to & some more still!
    Lol wow people are so quick to jump on this post with responses like "This is why crackberry drives users away.. "

I think people look at threads looking for and believing in users reacting negatively when all this guy offered was an opinion that some totally took the wrong way. All he said was different phones for different people, stick with the one you like. Dur!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:44 PM
    Hey OP, what's with repeating your same thread from two weeks ago. We have enough repeat threads without some repeating their own stuff. Did you not get the results you were hoping for first time around?
    03-30-13 11:27 PM
    Holly **** I'm on iOS now💩
    04-06-13 03:03 PM
75 123