I set up notification to all the apps.. the problem is when one notification comes in the other notification led dissappear... if my mail has come it give magenta then when BBM message comes it gives red and the magenta appears no where... is there any app that can give multiple notifications for led?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 01:53 AM
    I set up notification to all the apps.. the problem is when one notification comes in the other notification led dissappear... if my mail has come it give magenta then when BBM message comes it gives red and the magenta appears no where... is there any app that can give multiple notifications for led?

The first information that you need to provide is WHICH 3rd-party application you are using for this, since the native OS features have no "magenta LED" option.

And yes, many 3rd-party notification apps can provide multiple notifications. For example, if I get a notification for BBM I have that set to standard speed yellow flashing, email is standard speed green flashing, and SMS/Text is a multi-color "disco" color combination. If I have received notifications from all 3 of those sources since the last time I checked, I will see a yellow, followed by green, followed by multi-color flashing, and then the sequence repeats until I acknowledge it.

Also - which exact OS build are you on? (Settings/About/OS - OS version, NOT Software release version)

There are differences in compatibility depending on which OS you have.
    04-24-14 05:57 AM
    I am using "Notification Manager - Color LED" app purchased from the store on my bbz10. My current OS version is 10.2.1.2141. As you mentioned, it has to repeat the multiple led until i see them! unfortunately in my case when a sms comes it gives it color then bbm its color, whatsapp its color, but they wont repeat, it will repeat the last notification led color only.... can you please give me an app name which will do this work?
    Thanks @omnitech
    04-24-14 06:13 AM
    I am using "Notification Manager - Color LED" app purchased from the store on my bbz10. My current OS version is 10.2.1.2141. As you mentioned, it has to repeat the multiple led until i see them! unfortunately in my case when a sms comes it gives it color then bbm its color, whatsapp its color, but they wont repeat, it will repeat the last notification led color only.... can you please give me an app name which will do this work?
    Thanks @omnitech
    Well here are the "main" competitors the way I see it:

Hub++ by Devcellent
    BeBuzz Pro by Bellshare
    Power Tools by Toysoft (or Color LED Message, simpler version)

I have paid licenses to all of those and also to one called "Watcher" which seems to be abandoned now.

The only one I have gotten to work reasonably reliably with good functionality is BeBuzz Pro. Though to be fair, I recently updated the OS on my main device (I have two) and did not have a chance to try Hub++ or Power Tools on this newer OS version.

But I had other issues with those programs that probably would not be addressed by the newer OS, and this one suits me slightly better.

So far (using it less than a week) it has been very reliable except sometimes when I am doing something with the UI open (it is a headless app, so the UI is only used for configuration tasks) it will crash. When it crashes, it crashes both the UI portion and the background/daemon/headless portion, and running the UI again will not correct the headless portion, so you have to restart the device.
    grbrao likes this.
    04-24-14 06:35 AM
    It seems like it has got some bugs in it…… do you think its worth trying? I am not worried about the money that I spent, but I want an app that can do the work clean. That is exactly why I am seeking help in here… Thanks @omnitech
    04-24-14 06:49 AM
    Help me

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:54 AM
    It seems like it has got some bugs in it…… do you think its worth trying? I am not worried about the money that I spent, but I want an app that can do the work clean. That is exactly why I am seeking help in here… Thanks @omnitech

Unfortunately in my opinion there is no such thing as a 3rd-party notifications app for BB10 that works perfectly in every respect at this time. Honestly I think part of the problem is the OS - BB10 seems to be very unreliable in how it supports 3rd-party notification tools.

In any case, If I didn't think BeBuzz was the most reliable one at this point I wouldn't be using it. Though to be fair, I only have very short experience with it so far on a heavily-used device. (I used it for a few months on my secondary device, which gets much less usage.)

I liked Hub++ in part because the developer is responsive and courteous - but among other things it became so horribly unreliable for me I couldn't take it any more. I was missing important things on a daily basis.

I tried Power Tools but I sent the developer a long note with questions and comments and his simple response to me was the app I had just downloaded 2 weeks prior was no longer supported. The reason given was because "all" carriers (a lie) had released OS 10.2.1 and because of that he dropped support for the non-headless version of his app. (Which was actually the reason I was using it - I was on OS 10.2.0 and could not use headless apps, but the other vendors forced you to use their headless version, which was horribly unreliable.)

10.2.0 was supposed to support headless apps, but BlackBerry discovered it was flawed, so they then announced that only 10.2.1 would "properly" support headless apps. The problem is that if you try to run a headless app on 10.2.0 - because that version was originally supposed to work with headless apps - they will try to run headless but there is always some problem with it working reliably. So it's actually better to use an app that has no headless support at all. But most developers won't do that because the design is so different it's like supporting 2 completely different apps.)
    grbrao likes this.
    04-24-14 07:33 AM
    thank you for your time and explanation. i ll try bebuzz pro thne.
    Thanks @Omnitech
    04-24-14 08:02 AM
    Using be buzz pro... loving it.. thank you for the support guys..

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-25-14 01:49 PM