Hi all,

My new Z10 is awesome but I'm experiencing an issue that I don't have any idea how to solve. My dad has a Playbook, and I have him added to my 'Contacts' on my phone. He just has the playbook, no BB phone or anything, and uses the Playbook over wi-fi (not the 3G Playbook).

Initially when I added him to my contacts, and entered his BBID as his email address, it was showing me that option that he was available for a video chat. Recently however when I go in an look at his contact card, it no longer shows that he's available for a video chat...that green video chat icon has completely disappeared. Nothing has changed at his end that I can think of. Also, I thought it might have something to do with it showing up when he's connected to wi-fi and disappearing when he's not connected, but that's not the case...even when he's connected my phone isn't showing this video chat option as available.

I got him to try ringing through to me via the "video chat" icon on his PB (as I'm a contact on his PB video chat list), and it rings through to my phone fine. Just not sure how I'd be able to initiate a video chat with him myself.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    03-30-13 03:03 PM
    Let's try troubleshooting:

-Go into his contact card.
    -Delete his BBID(email)
    -Press save
    -Restart the phone
    -Go into his contact card.
    -Add his BBID again and see what happens

Hope that helps.
    03-31-13 12:50 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, which I actually hadn't tried, but it didn't do anything...still no video chat option showing as available.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, which I actually hadn't tried, but it didn't do anything...still no video chat option showing as available.

Posted via CB10
    Next Troubleshooting:

-Get your dad to email you from the email account he uses as the BBID(optional but why chance it)
    -When you receive the email, copy and paste the email address(optional but why chance it)
    -Go into your Dad's contact and delete his BBID email from his contact
    -Delete his Playbook PIN too if you entered it in the past
    -Click "Save" and get out of your Dad's contact card
    -Click "All" at the bottom left, then click "BBM Video"
    -Click "Add" and put in "test" as the first name and enter(or paste) your Dad's BBID(email) in the "Email Address" area
    -Do not fill anything else, click "Save"
    -See if you can video chat that new "test" contact
    03-31-13 10:25 AM