• 5 Post By Cloudmaster
  • 1 Post By H4zN
  • 1 Post By habs_fan
  • 2 Post By Cap_172R
  • 2 Post By howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Not the place for WhatsApp

Sorry if I upset anybody, but shouldn't all these threads about WhatsApp be in the Blackberry 10 Apps forum? WhatsApp is a Blackberry 10 App, not a Z10
    Curve 6300 | Bold 9790 | Z10
    Thanked by:
    jesse_h (03-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me For It

Totally agree! Everything seems to get posted in here, gets annoying really.
    Follow me on twitter @Ross_Scott
    BlackBerry 8900 > BlackBerry Torch 9800> BlackBerry Bold 9780 > BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,160 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3

+1000 the mods are doing good though and are closing double posts or posts on the same topic ect. They do a bang up job

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Not to mention that if people have issues with the app, they should be taking it up with the APP DEVELOPER. Just what do they think making themselves look like irrational bumpkins on this forum is going to accomplish?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

What if the Q10 comes out "soon" and its build for WhatsApp has other issues than the Z10?
    Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition & BlackBerry Q10 White & BlackBerry Z30 Black #00284
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by UMLD View Post
    Not to mention that if people have issues with the app, they should be taking it up with the APP DEVELOPER. Just what do they think making themselves look like irrational bumpkins on this forum is going to accomplish?

Posted via CB10
    If user A resolves an issue by restarting the phone/ reinstalling the app, he can share his solution with user B. It's a forum, chill out.
    Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition & BlackBerry Q10 White & BlackBerry Z30 Black #00284
    pandapurple likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,160 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3

Quote Originally Posted by H4zN View Post
    If user A resolves an issue by restarting the phone/ reinstalling the app, he can share his solution with user B. It's a forum, chill out.
    I agree, but does there need to be 4-5 threads on a problem or 1 thread with problems ect?

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by habs_fan View Post
    I agree, but does there need to be 4-5 threads on a problem or 1 thread with problems ect?

Posted via CB10
    Simple search would resolve this... but it's overlooked too many times. (anxiety to get help i presume!0
    habs_fan and pandapurple like this.

Global Posts
    23,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Looks like someone moved a few already and i just moved 2 more. Its been a crazy day. Between this and the "million device order" there are tons of dups today.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by 2:
    habs_fan (03-13-2013),  pandapurple (03-14-2013) 
    habs_fan and Cap_172R like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

I think that's expected too seeing as the device will be rolling out to different carriers in the US... many questions will keep popping back up!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by H4zN View Post
    It's mostly not people with a technical glitch creating all the Whatsapp hate on threads though. It's people raging about it not being up to their standards. That' s not something any of us here can help them with, and a rational person would know that.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by UMLD View Post
    It's mostly not people with a technical glitch creating all the Whatsapp hate on threads though. It's people raging about it not being up to their standards. That' s not something any of us here can help them with, and a rational person would know that.
    Pitifully that's the way people roll on this forum. I've also seen this with a lot of other topics. People don't search and make their own topic. I've seen the same behavior when I was working on IT service desks. A simple search would have shown their problem and the resolution. It didn't matter how many times you told them, they would still create a new call and we would still tell em the same time and time again. It's just human behavior! Perhaps CB should subtract kudos on every new created topic
    CrackBerry Master

To preempt that, perhaps it's an opportunity for some house-keeping? Some can be made as stickies, some merged, some deleted, some titles changed to become more "informational" so that when it is launched in the US, you won't have an onslaught of similar questions all over again.

One very useful one would be "How to Install WhatsApp on Z10" and consolidate all the steps we need to do, like remembering to give full permission, refresh Contacts, refresh Favourites etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap_172R View Post
    I think that's expected too seeing as the device will be rolling out to different carriers in the US... many questions will keep popping back up!