Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
Like Tree75Likes
  1. MattUK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    465 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Not impressed my Z10 won't run BB OS7

    I'm really disappointed that I can just make my Z10 act like a different phone.

    Surely BB could have just given us an option to run iOS, Android, BB OS 4,5,6 or if I really have to accept that it's a new device and OS I guess I'll just have to put up with this .. Oh hang on, BB10 is actually quite good.

    Moan moan moan ..
  2. diruocco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    162 Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask
    #2  

    Default

    That's probably the weirdest thing I have every heard. The whole point of BB10 and starting with the Z10 is to redesign Blackberry's operating system. One major reason why things started going sour for Blackberry is because they were still using an operating system that was over 10 years old and was based on Java.
    So basically what you want Blackberry to do is say "no don't use our os that we just spend over two years making but use the operating system that caused millions of people to leave from our company".

    Then to answer your next comment, no phone will ever run iOS but Apple devices. Knowing how Apple runs, no company will ever have the right from apple to run their own OS, it's not open sourced like Android is. And before Blackberry runs Android as their os, things are going to have to go a whole lot worse. It wouldn't make any sense for Blackberry to work on BB10 for like 3 years and then just make you run Android :S.
    DarcMobile, CDM76 and MattUK like this.
  3. sok2507's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I think the OP was having a laff....
  4. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,442 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diruocco View Post
    That's probably the weirdest thing I have every heard. The whole point of BB10 and starting with the Z10 is to redesign Blackberry's operating system. One major reason why things started going sour for Blackberry is because they were still using an operating system that was over 10 years old and was based on Java.
    So basically what you want Blackberry to do is say "no don't use our os that we just spend over two years making but use the operating system that caused millions of people to leave from our company".

    Then to answer your next comment, no phone will ever run iOS but Apple devices. Knowing how Apple runs, no company will ever have the right from apple to run their own OS, it's not open sourced like Android is. And before Blackberry runs Android as their os, things are going to have to go a whole lot worse. It wouldn't make any sense for Blackberry to work on BB10 for like 3 years and then just make you run Android :S.
    Your sarcasm detector needs some tuning
  5. knighty2112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Yeah, it's a crazy British humour kind of thing. We are somewhat known for it. ; )

    Posted via CB10
    MattUK and meganVee like this.
  6. buckwylder's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,702 Posts
    PIN
    27EE1588
    #6  

    Default

    I'm more upset over how my Atari 2600 can't run bb os 4.
  7. MattUK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    465 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default Not impressed my Z10 won't run BB OS7

    Smirk.. Got one!
  8. EauRouge's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,297 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,690 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I'm sad I can't put Web os on my bb10...

    Said no one ever

    Posted via CB10
  9. wxmancanada's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    These threads are getting ridiculous.

    ***** thread
    ***** thread
    ***** thread
    ***** thread title, but really the post is just saying how much they love what everyone else is ******** about in all the other threads
    ***** thread
    ***** thread
    ***** thread title, but really the post is just saying how much they love what everyone else is ******** about in all the other threads
    Rinse, repeat...

    Might be time to close down the CrackBerry portion of my Mobile Nations passport.
    jdhooghe likes this.
  10. raremage's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    735 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    7/10. Sure to elicit a response but tough to take seriously.

    I think there's even a chance this was intended to be sarcasm.

    Posted via CB10
  11. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
    I'm really disappointed that I can just make my Z10 act like a different phone.

    Surely BB could have just given us an option to run iOS, Android, BB OS 4,5,6 or if I really have to accept that it's a new device and OS I guess I'll just have to put up with this .. Oh hang on, BB10 is actually quite good.

    Moan moan moan ..
    OK, threads like this really, really pi$$ me off. I mean, why are Bada, Symbian, MeeGo, and while we're at it, Palm OS always getting overlooked. Typical narrow-minded, myopic phandrisheeple.
  12. Josh Brolin's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I wish my z10 would be able to run bb10.
    Spawn12 likes this.
  13. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    96,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    96,272 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I just want toast
    bungaboy and sleepngbear like this.
  14. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I just want toast
    Uhh, that kind of talk is not tolerated out here in general population. Back to rehab!
  15. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,527 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,542 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Brolin View Post
    I wish my z10 would be able to run bb10.
    No you don't. After browsing through your 60 odd posts you made since you joined last month you need something to complain about here. Troll somewhere else.Thanks.
  16. dbmalloy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,300 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    unfunny.......
  17. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    96,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    96,272 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepngbear View Post
    Uhh, that kind of talk is not tolerated out here in general population. Back to rehab!
    I'm going daddy bear
  18. Josh Brolin's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    No you don't. After browsing through your 60 odd posts you made since you joined last month you need something to complain about here. Troll somewhere else.Thanks.
    I guess someone with 4000 posts would have time to read all my useless 60 posts
  19. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,163 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    No you don't. After browsing through your 60 odd posts you made since you joined last month you need something to complain about here. Troll somewhere else.Thanks.
    The person was being sarcastic and trying for some levity. Go buy some BB shares to amuse yourself.

    Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    MattUK likes this.
  20. Josh Brolin's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I did make a trollish comment but it was in a sarcasaric thread anyways. No harm intended
  21. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I'm going daddy bear
    I'll be right behind you. Don't make any sudden stops.
    kbz1960 likes this.
  22. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Brolin View Post
    I guess someone with 4000 posts would have time to read all my useless 60 posts
    He would. The dude is superhuman.
  23. RussBerry007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    was wonderin why bb didn't make a slot on the 9310 so I could play my 8-track tapes?
  24. MattUK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    465 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

    Default Not impressed my Z10 won't run BB OS7

    Quote Originally Posted by RussBerry007 View Post
    was wonderin why bb didn't make a slot on the 9310 so I could play my 8-track tapes?
    You mean yours doesn't? Sounds like you have a faulty unit!

    On another note.. Got 2 now..

    Is it really that hard to get Brit humour or sarcasm?
  25. koolpep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    In my many intercultural encounters (worked in a company with more than 90 different nationalities), I realized that especially in the US, irony is hardly understood. ;-)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Camera on my Z10 won't turn on
    By BBGary in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-13-13, 09:55 PM
  2. my z10 won't load my music files
    By jspoilers33 in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-13, 02:16 AM
  3. Computer not finding my BB
    By evl mnky in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-08, 12:36 PM
  4. One Recipient Not Getting My E-Mails From BB
    By momto4xys in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-08, 09:42 PM
  5. I can not pair my BB with headset and can not sync with PC, help!
    By danielqle in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-08, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions