Have only had my unlocked Z10 for about a month, but I have been unable to send emails OTA, however when connected at home to my wi-fi it works fine... No problem receiving them just sending them.. What could be the issue?
    07-14-14 12:08 PM
    your outgoing server probably has to be changed, i know apple has this problem, or maybe the wrong port
    07-14-14 01:11 PM
    Gmail? POP? Please tell us more.
    07-14-14 01:15 PM
    Have only had my unlocked Z10 for about a month, but I have been unable to send emails OTA, however when connected at home to my wi-fi it works fine... No problem receiving them just sending them.. What could be the issue?
    It sounds like your SMTP Server (outgoing email) only works at your home wifi. Is it provided by your Internet service provider?

If you add your SMTP username and password information, you may be able to. Please check with your SMTP service provider.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 08:39 PM
    Concur with the others. My ISP outbound email server behaves the same way. You can only connect to it from inside their network.

If your ISP is also a mobile service provider they may have a different setup for mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:23 AM
    Concur with the others. My ISP outbound email server behaves the same way. You can only connect to it from inside their network.

If your ISP is also a mobile service provider they may have a different setup for mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose the easiest way to test that is to try another wifi system?
    07-15-14 06:48 AM
    I suppose the easiest way to test that is to try another wifi system?
    That makes sense. Or, if the OP's ISP is like mine, there is no username/password on the SMTP server. Having an internal IP address is the only security on outbound email. They provide webmail for access away from home, but not really what I want. I ended up getting an Outlook.Com account and use it to pull mail from my ISP account. I don't send anything through them any more. I just keep it around for people who have that address, and it is free.
    07-15-14 11:24 AM
    It works fine from any pc or even on the playbook and my note 2014 but not on this phone... Works great from ANY wi-fi source, so I think it may be Straight Talk blocking the port.
    07-15-14 11:57 AM
    It works fine from any pc or even on the playbook and my note 2014 but not on this phone... Works great from ANY wi-fi source, so I think it may be Straight Talk blocking the port.
    By ANY wi-fi source, that means on a wifi NOT in your house? Just the phone we're talking about.
    07-15-14 03:27 PM
    Yes, any WiFi. And it worked perfect on my old 9310, but not on the zip
    07-15-14 09:47 PM
    Yes, any WiFi. And it worked perfect on my old 9310, but not on the zip
    Well your 9310 would have been using BIS. And that is one of the advantages of BIS. At this point it would be helpful if you could give us the name of your ISP and the domain name of your out bound mail server. No usernames or passwords though.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 07:20 AM
    ISP Bristol Essential Services
    Doman Name: mail.btes.tv
    07-16-14 12:30 PM
    So I had a look at the BTES online support page for email. They have instructions for Outlook Express and Outlook but not for any other email clients. The good news is that I am able to connect to the SMTP server from my home (I wonder what their network support people are going to think of that). The worring news is that one of the messages that comes back is that relaying is not allowed. That could mean a number of things:
    • They accept connections from outside only to accept inbound email for their customers;
    • They require username/password login to send email when outside their network; or
    • Both of the above.

Without an account I can't be any more specific than that, but I think I can translate the Outlook/Outlook Express instructions to help you ensure you've set your account up correctly.

The most worrying news of all though is that their instructions say to "verify that the Use Secure Password Authentication box is not checked." This means that when signing on to the server your password is exposed to any systems between you and the server. At home this is not a huge deal, not really the way it should be set up, but unfortunately not uncommon. On an open Wi-Fi, at Starbucks, McDonalds, etc, this means that someone else on the hotspot could snoop your username/password.

If you go into your advanced settings for your account you should have a setup similar to thise screen shots:
    Not able to send email OTA but works on wi-fi-img_20140716_162831.png
    Not able to send email OTA but works on wi-fi-img_20140716_162849.png
    Not able to send email OTA but works on wi-fi-img_20140716_162856.png

Description, Display Name, Sync Interval and Initial Retrieval Amount can be set to what makes sense for you.
    07-16-14 03:36 PM