I have a work issued Z10 it has the latest update, I just got it recently and I have not been able to add any contacts. I called my company help desk and they don't understand either, since they are new to the BB10 rollout. So I go to contacts, hit add, type a name and number and then hit save...nothing happens. since I can't add a number i don't have any contacts in my contacts list. I checked the settings and compared them to someone eslse who has a Z10 and they look the same. What should I do? Should I wipe and reload the software?
    02-04-14 02:14 PM
    I have a work issued Z10 it has the latest update, I just got it recently and I have not been able to add any contacts. I called my company help desk and they don't understand either, since they are new to the BB10 rollout. So I go to contacts, hit add, type a name and number and then hit save...nothing happens. since I can't add a number i don't have any contacts in my contacts list. I checked the settings and compared them to someone eslse who has a Z10 and they look the same. What should I do? Should I wipe and reload the software?
    Are you on a company BES? Are you allowed to wipe and reload the software?

In the past there were issue with the Contact App and doing a restore or a OTA upgrade. A clean installation with no restore was recommended. But with 10.2.1 I haven't seen that issue as much and many have reported no issue with doing a restore.

Play around with it if you are allowed. Backup you device first. Then try a security wipe, see if it works. If not then go a full reload - if it does work try the restore and see if it still works. If you have to reload the software go through the same process of testing to see what works for you.
    02-04-14 02:22 PM
    I'm on company BES and i am allowed to wipe and reload. It might have been the OTA upgrade that broke it. I'll try what you suggested.
    02-04-14 03:11 PM
    IMHO, you should go back to your company's help line. If you can't add contacts, it's likely others are having the same issue. BES administrators have access to BlackBerry support and undoubtedly it can be fixed easily.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:13 PM