Hi!

I have had my BBZ10 for couple of months now, and it has started to randomly shut itself and restart.
    It just happened again, my phone was on my desk, no apps running, battery was around 30% and last time I even touched the phone was baut 15 minutes ago. It wasn't hot or stressed in any way, but suddenly I just saw that blackberry logo came into screen and phone restarted.

This happens around two times a week, really annoying, because you can never know when your phone is rebooted and no one can contact to you because phone in your pocket is asking for PIN-code.

Is this normal? I mean, do you all BB Z10 users suffer for this? My phone is STL100-2 and running 10.2.1.2977. Should I try to update to 10.3.1 with autoloader? Or is it "beta"

I also have bigger problem with Android runtime crashing. Sometimes, almost daily basis, my Android runtime crashes and none of the Android apps won't react to touch. Doesn't matter is it from Amazon, SNAP or BBW. But if it is Android app, it won't work. Or yes it does work, but it wont react to touch...

So are these normal issues with Z10/10.2.1 OS, or is my Z10 phisically broken o.O?
    10-13-14 03:48 PM
    It's not normal. Just returned mine for it and got a replacement. Haven't had any of the issues anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:43 PM
    Slap the phone firmly into the palm of your hand and see if that causes it to reboot. If so, shim the battery to keep it firm against the contacts.
    10-13-14 04:55 PM
    It's not normal. Just returned mine for it and got a replacement. Haven't had any of the issues anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Too bad my Z10 is bought from Germany, and I am living in Finland. In Finland we don't have reseller for BlackBerry, so I really wouldn't want to hassle with warranty and sending my phone around the world...

Slap the phone firmly into the palm of your hand and see if that causes it to reboot. If so, shim the battery to keep it firm against the contacts.
    Slapping the phone didn't have any effect. Tried multiple times and different styles.

Any other ideas?
    10-14-14 03:45 PM
    Hi,
    Using a Windows PC, download BlackBerry Link and install it. Then download the most recent autoloader for OS 10.2.1 for the Z10.

Backup your SMS with SMS Backup and Re store, Security Wipe your phone, then use the autoloader to reinstall the OS.

Set it up as you wish, without any Android apps. Leave it for a few weeks.

This should fix the problem

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:09 PM