For server make sure you use the httpS url you used from your computer web browser.

The Https is very. Important.
    Edit: forget httpS. All you need is 443 enabled.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Last edited by LadyOfTheLAN; 03-31-13 at 03:07 AM.
    03-30-13 11:56 AM
    For example in my case:

Public OWA looks like owa.domain.ru but Server Address for account setup is owa.company_domain.ru.

My WEB OWA username is my exchange_user_name but in this case it's my email address.
    yep - similar thing at my client's organisation.... confused the **** out of me.....
    03-30-13 12:17 PM
    I'm a die-hard blackberrier mainly for the years of easy linking to work emails through Blackberry internet Service or Outlook Web Access. I've bought a z10 and cannot get my work emails through either. I know the settings are right as I can use OWA on my desktop ..just not my phone
    I've spent frustrating hours trying. Can anyone help!
    Cass, hope you get this sorted out asap - please post back when this problem is fixed

Very nice to see this thread (Cass - not your issue) in that CB'ers are rallying around to help a fellow member

Good luck

Alex
    03-30-13 12:18 PM
    The other option is just do as I did and stay with BIS/BES as before. Same money. Routes through BB servers. No change just because you changed hardware to Z10.
    03-30-13 12:20 PM
    How do I do that wolfstar? If i could, I would
    03-30-13 12:21 PM
    Cass - Just got mine working and it was the server name was not exact. Let me know how you're making out
    03-30-13 12:22 PM
    Verizon allows you to use a Blackberry specific BIS data plan or a generic data plan as used with an Iphone etc. Same money. If you already had Blackberry BIS on your older BB then just stay with it if you want to eliminate all the reinvention of the wheel.
    03-30-13 12:29 PM
    I'm in Uk and my BIS won't recognise a z10 on it, good thought though, it would have been great to get going

Well done HartfordWhalers ..there is still hope for me then if it can be done, I'm still trying everything
    03-30-13 12:40 PM
    Using ActiveSync. I had to change my server name to "owa.companyurl.com"

SSL set to on and port 443

Keep at it. You can do it
    03-30-13 12:48 PM
    That didn't work for me, but I think I am getting closer to winning this!
    03-30-13 12:58 PM
    You should contact your it dept. as they can examine logs and validate active sync is turned on for your mailbox.

If you were on bis before that could have been pop3. Z10 uses active sync not pop3.

Also, they can check the ISA server which is giving you the 403 error.

Good luck!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-30-13 01:05 PM
    Your domain/username in OWA should work fine in EAS settings.

If your entry for OWA was something like - domain/username / password, you would enter the following in your EAS setup screen for the EAS account:

Description (whatever you want)
    Domain: domain (without the domain suffix as I explained above)
    Email address: your primary domain e-mail address
    Username: your username (account name - and only that, no domain name in this entry)
    Password: Your domain password
    Server address: server_name.domain_name. (example mailserver.microsoft.com) This is a critical entry as well and won't work if entered wrong or not entered at all.

Leave all other settings alone - (VPN stays off)

Once you hit the submit button, it takes only a few seconds on Wifi or the mobile network for the confirmation screen to come back asking what you want to sync. That means you are connected and approved. Longer than that and it will error out for any number of reasons I have explained earlier.

The screen will have the following options in it:

Sync Contacts (on/off)
    Sync Calendar (on/off)
    Sync Memos (on/off)
    Sync Tasks (on/off)

Exchange servers older than 2010 may be missing some of those sync options, as they aren't supported. Exchange 2010 supports them all.

Finally, when setting up the account, you MUST start with the "advanced" button for this to work the 1st time.

EDIT: Someone here posted having to use the HTTP/S url. That is completely wrong - do NOT do that, as it is asking for ONLY the server address, which is server_name.domain as my example above. Do NOT use a URL - that WILL NOT WORK.
    03-30-13 01:13 PM
    Active Sync is the only way to go IMHO.

That said the same problem happens with trying to sneak in an Android phone using Active Sync. You can take a working phone (say an iPhone approved for use) and enter the same creditials into Android and get rejected by the server.

You need the domain, server addy, user ID (which is not your email address in many cases), password and SSL turned on. Even then IT can block device on their end if they chose.

On Android you usually devolve into using a third party email app that spoofs (pretends to be an iPhone or Windows Phone) to get Active Sync to work.

If you have all the credentials from a working phone entered into your Z10 (you cannot skip any, it wont work) and it still is a no joy then IT is blocking an unknown device. Do it too many times and they will freeze your account and then call you.
    03-30-13 01:27 PM
    Thanks, I have done all of that and all of the previous error messages have gone and I'm left with the one error message
    " Service for the account myname@mycompany is not available. Access should be available soon(Error code 403)

Thanks one and all for trying so hard to help me....I really appreciate it
    03-30-13 01:31 PM
    I have the same problem too. I believe that active sync is not enabled on the exchange server. You will need to contact the exchange admin.
    03-30-13 02:25 PM
    While it doesn't sound like it will help Cass, perhaps this semi-obvious piece of advice will help someone else out. After trying to use my settings from my previous BlackBerry phone to set up access to my work Exchange account, and then trying 2-3 variations on those settings (because I was at least smart enough to know that things were different now), it suddenly dawned on me that I should just use the settings from my PlayBook. Sure enough, duplicating the Playbook settings on the Z10 worked perfectly.
    HartfordWhalers likes this.
    03-30-13 02:28 PM
    You may want to take a look at this:
    How to use the Email Account Validation Tool �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

If you now have the domain info correct, you may only have to tweak the port settings. I found that the Z10 worked with port settings slightly different than standard.
    03-30-13 03:05 PM
    I was able to use OWA without issue, Although I did type out my email in the remember app and simply Copy paste, as the scrolling in that window was terrible.
    03-30-13 03:21 PM
    I have tried that for hours with no luck, it just doesn't work...either I am doing something wrong or active sync isnt enabled
    Which version of Microsoft Exchange Server does your organization use?
    03-30-13 03:23 PM
    Im thinking its my domain name that is the issue. On OWA it was shown as domain/username and on this there are 2 different boxes and I don't really know what the domain name for my account is.
    The domain name for your email account would be something like mycompany.local. Basically, it is the internal domain name which typically differs from your publicly-facing domain name (mycompany.com) and the user name is the Microsoft Active Directory account name (cdavenport, for example), and the actual email address will be something like [email protected]. You will need to access the Advanced settings options when integrating the email account.
    03-30-13 03:30 PM
    Yes, try several variations on the domain name. For this purpose, mine is .net, although that is not the public domain associated with my company.
    03-30-13 03:44 PM
    Yes, try several variations on the domain name. For this purpose, mine is .net, although that is not the public domain associated with my company.
    Cass has to use the local domain name assigned to the Microsoft Exchange server which is also known as the Microsoft Active Directory domain name which generally is not the same as the publicly-facing organization's domain name. Some organizations use the publicly-facing domain name on the the internal network but this is considered a poor security practise.
    03-30-13 03:55 PM
    My workplace uses owa webmail but they didn't activate activesync for our accounts so therefore I cannot use my z10 to receive my workplace emails whereas before with bis, I could.

Do you know for certain that you have access to activesync and that your owa has it enabled ?
    Last edited by siefer999; 03-30-13 at 04:44 PM.
    bilzomaniac and jfunds like this.
    03-30-13 04:21 PM
    I have OWA and just launched it to test, the z10 browser has no problem loading Outlook Web. You need to do Enterprise Activation for BES if not, then your company has either POP, IMAP, or Activestink available. Ask your IT department. The z10 works fine.
    03-30-13 04:59 PM
    I think it's possible that the OP was referring to using OWA to setup a BIS style account, as was done in the legacy OS.
    03-30-13 05:05 PM
110 1234 ...