At a time where there seems to be a CB post every 15min on the smallest of topics (ex. How to turn on airplane mode, how to dim the screen, etc), I find it very odd that there wouldn't be a post at least mentioning the recent (and current?) BBM outage.

When my outage happened last night I came to CB right away, but only found this topic in the forums...in the past this would have been a CB post almost immediately. It seems like a lot of people were/are affected, so what gives?

Selective reporting to avoid bad press? If it is I get it, but that's a little odd even for a fan website like CB who has traditionally been both positive and negative when warranted.

That said, I'm happy to have the forums active and immediate when I need it!

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:24 AM
    Looks like it was selective outage because I was using BBM the entire time that thread was going

At a time where there seems to be a CB post every 15min on the smallest of topics (ex. How to turn on airplane mode, how to dim the screen, etc), I find it very odd that there wouldn't be a post at least mentioning the recent (and current?) BBM outage.

When my outage happened last night I came to CB right away, but only found this topic in the forums...in the past this would have been a CB post almost immediately. It seems like a lot of people were/are affected, so what gives?

Selective reporting to avoid bad press? If it is I get it, but that's a little odd even for a fan website like CB who has traditionally been both positive and negative when warranted.

That said, I'm happy to have the forums active and immediate when I need it!

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:28 AM
    The only BBM outage I experienced was when I went to send a message to my girlfriend I had to reconnect to BBM that was it .

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:28 AM
    Looks like it was selective outage because I was using BBM the entire time that thread was going
    Same here, not to sure what everyone else is experiencing

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:34 AM
    I'm in the Toronto GTA on Rogers and mine was out last night for approx an hour? From about 5pm EST about to 6pm. Others were less or not at all, others were longer and I see recent posts in EMEA that are still seeing problems.

Regardless its affecting users everywhere and again, when there's posts about very minor things you would think there would be a post at least mentioning this and getting an official statement from BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:34 AM
    no outage noted (Caribbean)
    02-23-13 09:37 AM
    I'm on Rogers in Ontario and haven't noticed an outage? Kevin's in Winnipeg. Maybe he hasn't heard about it?
    02-23-13 09:40 AM
    I am on Rogers & i just had to reconnect to BBM after updating BlackBerry World last night. No outage for me at all :/. All my messages would send & i received as well.
    02-23-13 09:44 AM
    Telus and I had trouble sending messages but could receive from all my contacts fine. Resetting the hub fixed it for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:52 AM
    I had sporadic outages over a couple hours yesterday in Toronto. Select messages wouldn't send and bbm voice wouldn't work either.
    02-23-13 10:00 AM
    im Telus in Ontario on a BB Z10 my hubby is on bold 9900 and so is my son and none of us have had any issus
    02-23-13 10:31 AM
    I think it was really localized, that's why there was no official post about it

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:38 AM
    I had an outage. On the forums search i read that I should select continue instead of restore. I lost all my bbm contacts. A bit irritating. Now I have to figure out how to restore them because there doesn't seem to be a restore option.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:43 AM
    Mine has been down since last night in Halifax NS on virgin Mobile.
    None of the tips from settings to Battery pulls have worked, despite multiple tries. I called Blackberry and apparently it is a widespread problem affecting a lot of people, while leaving some not noticing. For some, it just seems to work itself out, and others, has been down for a long time.
    02-23-13 11:32 AM