Two facts we all better face.... first, whether "we" use the Netflix app or thinks the service "sucks"... does not matter... If there is no App at US launch.....BB haters will use it as a weapon to show that BB is not in the "big Leagues" and developers do not take the Platform seriously... this will eventually filter to the press leading to negative news reports which "does" affect conusmer's choice.... Second,,,, as was painfully apparent with the Playbook... companies like Netflix look at installed base and how much potential a platform has.... It is a simple a matter that right now there is not the user base to interest Netflix in developing an App... if the platform takes off "which there is no guarantee" inspite of what we all may think... a wait and see adittude is understandable......
    03-04-13 06:35 PM
    After bb10 really takes off and Netflix comes crawling back with an app, BlackBerry should tell them to **** off and starts its own version

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    03-04-13 06:55 PM
    Netflix shouldn't choose the platform. They should develop for all of the major platforms.

Posted via CB10
    I posted this on the CB article on the front page:
    I got Netflix since launched in Canada (mostly to support their platform so they could get enough subscribers to justify a Canadian outlet), but I cancelled it a year ago since there was no PlayBook app. I tweeted Netflix to say that I would consider re-subscribing once they had a PlayBook app.

Their response: "Our goal is to be on every screen that’s relevant to our members and we add more devices all the time." @netflixhelps

I guess we (or BB10) are not relevant....

In any case, my $8/month can be better spent at BB World.

editted to add (or BB10)
    03-04-13 09:45 PM
    BlackBerryos.com has a video up of Netflix running on BB10. There is obviously a leak floating around. Bla1ze claimed that he signed the bar with his own keys but I wonder if he is adhering to proper journalistic standards in making that claim.

It works but does not look like it runs that great. I'll take it for now.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:12 AM
    Transcript of online chat with Netflix Customer Services

You are now chatting with: Bethel

8 minutes agoYou

Hi Bethel

8 minutes agoNetflixBethel

Hi, my name is Bethel, how can I help you today?

8 minutes agoYou

I use your service via my Xbox 360 at home

7 minutes agoYou

however, I also use a Blackberry Playbook and a Blackberry Z10 mobile phone

7 minutes agoYou

I am dismayed to see there's no client available for either of my mobile devices, is this something that's being fixed or do Netflix not intend to support them?

6 minutes agoNetflixBethel

Ah! I can totally check that for you, am I chatting with Stephen today?

6 minutes agoYou

yes

3 minutes agoNetflixBethel

Hey Stephen, No worries! I totally hear you out on that. We are always looking to add new devices for our customers. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to notate that device down on your account so, that our developers could view it ASAP! Is that okay Stephen?

3 minutes agoYou

Yes .. there are two devices

3 minutes agoYou

a Blackberry Z10

2 minutes agoYou

and a Blackberry Playbook

2 minutes agoNetflixBethel

Gotcha! Let me notate that down on your account Stephen. Give me just a second please.

16 seconds agoNetflixBethel

Got it down! Is there anything else you would like to add?

etc etc
    03-05-13 07:31 AM
    Transcript of online chat with Netflix Customer Services
    I'm convinced that this exact situation is what is holding Netflix up. It's probably neither a technical reason, nor the cost of developing the client. Netflix has really impressive customer support IMO ... and every new platform adds to those support costs on an ongoing basis. They probably want BlackBerry to help pay for that (and client development) since it's doubtful many new subscribers would actually come on board.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 03-05-13 at 08:24 AM.
    03-05-13 07:49 AM
    sounds like they want BB to pay for development. oh well.
    03-05-13 08:18 AM
    Reading all the Netflix threads ( and perhaps Netflix is as well!)....it is ironic that the majority of members are making Netflix case for them... the constant drone of " it is a crappy service"... never use it, never will.... and the famous... if I cannot have it on my BB devices ( never mind you can get it on multiple other device ie. your computer ) I am cancelling my service... why then should Nefflix even bother with devloping an app if this is a sample of the setiment out there in BB land.....
    03-05-13 09:12 AM
    I'm convinced that this exact situation is what is holding Netflix up. It's probably neither a technical reason, nor the cost of developing the client. Netflix has really impressive customer support IMO ... and every new platform adds to those support costs on an ongoing basis. They probably want BlackBerry to help pay for that (and client development) since it's doubtful many new subscribers would actually come on board.
    BlackBerry has offered to send a team of Developers to build a Netflix app, at least via twitter, so I would assume that this offer has been made at official levels too.

And again people, if you aren't willing to cancel the service, and will just watch it on another device, then Netflix has zero incentive to make an app!
    03-05-13 09:29 AM
    My son watches (Barney and Sesame Street) it on his iPad, so I really can't cancel it just for the reason I can't use it on the Z10.
    03-05-13 09:36 AM
    There have been enough 'leaks' to make me think that eventually we'll get an app. But in the meantime I would just love to see one of the people who posts videos of a barely functioning netflix to just release the file for everyone else to enjoy. I don't even think I'll use the service on my Z10 that much but I would just like to see it available for the perception of the OS in the public eye.
    03-05-13 10:42 AM
    I asked if Netflix was coming to BlackBerry 10.
    Their response on Twitter "we don't plan to support streaming on Blackberry, but that could change in the future. We'll pass on your request *JL"
    That's from @Netflixhelps
    I also called them (from Brazil) and they told me that they don't get many requests from BlackBerry users (in Brazil at least, I'm not really sure if that applies to US and other countries) and that's why they don't plan to build an app for us right now. But like the twitter guy, they promised to pass on my request... I just feel they won't do anything about it, not right now.
    That worries me... BlackBerry can't lack some apps, and there are lots of "No" of the biggest ones...
    03-05-13 06:43 PM
    That worries me... BlackBerry can't lack some apps, and there are lots of "No" of the biggest ones...
    We haven't actually had an official no from Netflix. There has been conflicting statements from some customer service reps, and a vague statement from some employee, but no official statement.
    03-05-13 08:15 PM
    BlackBerry should just start their own video subscription service. Why not? It will be an actual boost since they already have a library of all the music and video! It will be an extra source of income too!!

I mean, I know it is not as simple as saying it but, when there is a will, there is a way. It is not impossible and a native player like that would be a huge value add.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 08:24 PM
    I've seen what netflix has to offer at friends house, not much in my opinion. At least in canada anyway. Also there is tons of movies and tv to watch on youtube and network websites as long as you have a good browser, which bb10 has. Netflix is a waste of money on a z10.
    03-05-13 09:02 PM
    We haven't actually had an official no from Netflix. There has been conflicting statements from some customer service reps, and a vague statement from some employee, but no official statement.
    I know, but from what I've seen, they just tell people that they don't have plans to support BlackBerry right now. They also say that this situation may change in the future... but that's not much. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they're gonna do anything about it now. I would be very happy if they did, though. I won't die if I don't get Netflix on my phone... But I have some friends that won't consider buying it if Netflix, Instagram (native) and some other apps are not avaiable. I really want BlackBerry to succeed, but it's going to be hard if they don't bring us the biggest apps as soon as possible.
    03-05-13 09:03 PM
    From what I have read, it will cost them a lot of money to develop an app for Blackberry specifically. So until they see how many Blackberry users there will be in the U.S, they aren't going to make anything yet. Hopefully it launches really well and we get a native app. Otherwise, the leaked app I saw a video of looks good!
    03-05-13 09:09 PM
    This is the chicken and egg problem. We need user base for the apps but it is hard to increase the user base with limited apps. BlackBerry needs to pay up to get the key apps on board so we don't have media slamming BlackBerry 10 for lacking key apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 09:10 PM
    I know, but from what I've seen, they just tell people that they don't have plans to support BlackBerry right now. They also say that this situation may change in the future... but that's not much. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they're gonna do anything about it now. I would be very happy if they did, though. I won't die if I don't get Netflix on my phone... But I have some friends that won't consider buying it if Netflix, Instagram (native) and some other apps are not avaiable. I really want BlackBerry to succeed, but it's going to be hard if they don't bring us the biggest apps as soon as possible.
    I agree. These apps are nice to have, but not a need for me. I do want Blackberry to do really well though and it stinks for them. They should just pay them to make these apps, it would help! Lol
    03-05-13 09:11 PM
    I agree. These apps are nice to have, but not a need for me. I do want Blackberry to do really well though and it stinks for them. They should just pay them to make these apps, it would help! Lol
    This is the chicken and egg problem. We need user base for the apps but it is hard to increase the user base with limited apps. BlackBerry needs to pay up to get the key apps on board so we don't have media slamming BlackBerry 10 for lacking key apps.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Well... I hope they manage to do it. Want my bbm contacts back hahaha
    03-05-13 09:23 PM
    Could not care less.
    Cangolf1 likes this.
    03-05-13 09:27 PM
    Reading all the Netflix threads ( and perhaps Netflix is as well!)....it is ironic that the majority of members are making Netflix case for them... the constant drone of " it is a crappy service"... never use it, never will.... and the famous... if I cannot have it on my BB devices ( never mind you can get it on multiple other device ie. your computer ) I am cancelling my service... why then should Nefflix even bother with devloping an app if this is a sample of the setiment out there in BB land.....
    I think that's the point. They are saying don't care if they don't develop the app. Lol.
    03-05-13 09:32 PM
    Exactly! Well... I hope they manage to do it. Want my bbm contacts back hahaha
    I have like, 4. Haha they are family members and 1 friend. So much fun!
    03-05-13 09:48 PM
    I'd really like Pinterest for BB though. I am so addicted to that site.
    03-05-13 10:00 PM
    I have like, 4. Haha they are family members and 1 friend. So much fun!
    I have 7. Used to have almost 30...
    76 on WhatsApp now. I wish they were on bbm... So much better.
    03-05-13 10:03 PM
78 1234