- 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM #26Sent from my NEW PASSPORT
or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook
- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
- 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM #27
- 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM #28
But if peek and flow can't be used with the trackpad and the screen can't be used with gloves, then I do worry about the usability of the phone. I'm thinking more and more I'll try to find a Torch 9810 to replace my 9800. Unfortunatley Bell doesn't sell them anymore and RIM doesn't sell them direct.
- 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM #29
I think you'll all get used to using the device without the addition of a trackpad. Five years ago, I'm sure the majority of people thought it was ridiculous to have a touch screen phone without a physical keyboard, look how that turned out.....S5
- 01-04-2013, 03:42 AM #30
Now that I've experienced the difference, I have no intention of buying a BB10 phone without a trackpad. I'll get a Bold 9900 on clearance, hopefully. Would have ben a Torch 9810 but Bell in their infinite wisdom decided to discontinue them. Idiots.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-04-2013, 04:15 AM #31
- 4,272 Posts
Seriously though, we get it! There are some things the trackpad was great for! Mostly anyone who's ever used a BlackBerry knows that. However, it's also been known for quite some time that the trackpad will probably not be making a return to BB10, so it's time you either face the reality of what the new platform is all about (i.e. a gesture-based user interface without any buttons on the front), or try any one of these solutions:
- Buy a 9810 off Craigslist (they're cheap nowadays)
- Buy a capacitive stylus, Samsung Note, or Nokia 920
- Buy an old Windows phone with a resistive touchscreen
- Buy capacitive gloves that don't suckBlatant placeholder signature.
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-04-2013, 05:50 AM #32
- 1 Posts
The two main reasons i love my torch are the physical keyboard and the trackpad. I understand that the software has been designed without the trackpad in mind but for those of us that hate getting greasy fingers all over the screen the trackpad is a must. For the first time in i don't know how many years, i will be looking at the alternatives to Blackberry.
- By ArickInRealLife in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 107Last Post: 11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
- By laklive in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 22Last Post: 03-19-2008, 12:29 AM
- By trucky in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
- By Member_No.1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
- By sher_zx6r in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 8Last Post: 12-18-2007, 02:54 PM