Ok, somebody explain to me. If there is no more BIS...is there no longer push email with the Z10? Having my Gmail pushed to me in damn near real-time used to be such a huge selling point for BlackBerry to me.

I'm trying to justify coming back to Black...hope this isn't true.
    03-25-13 09:29 PM
    Hopefully this thread helps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=786463

Wow looks like a lot of negativity on that thread. I'll try and find another one for you...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-25-13 09:38 PM
    Hopefully this thread helps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=786463

Wow looks like a lot of negativity on that thread. I'll try and find another one for you...

Thanks for the link, but that thread starts with Gebhardt's rant, and the flame-a-thon from the fanboy newbies pisses me off. I don't feel like sitting down to 11-pages of that crap.

Can someone just explain? Is there or is there not push Gmail any longer?
    03-25-13 09:44 PM
    Ok, somebody explain to me. If there is no more BIS...is there no longer push email with the Z10? Having my Gmail pushed to me in damn near real-time used to be such a huge selling point for BlackBerry to me.

I use Gmail with my Z10 and I get my email in 5 seconds. BIS gone doesn't seem to bug me at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:44 PM
    Thanks for the link, but that thread starts with Gebhardt's rant, and the flame-a-thon from the fanboy newbies pisses me off. I don't feel like sitting down to 11-pages of that crap.

No bis but my Gmail accounts all push fine. Instantaneous. I've had my z next to my laptop and it's about as quick as it was before.

03-25-13 09:46 PM
    I use Gmail with my Z10 and I get my email in 5 seconds. BIS gone doesn't seem to bug me at all.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! A glimmer of hope.
    03-25-13 09:49 PM
    Works fine with Gmail, sucks with yahoo.
    charley954 likes this.
    03-25-13 09:55 PM
    Basically for push email you need IMAP IDLE, Activesync, or BES.

Google supports IMAP idle, so you'll be fine.

If you used POP or regular IMAP on BIS nothing really changes since BIS polled these accounts every 15 minutes anyways.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-25-13 09:58 PM
    Gmail works fine for most people.

Yahoo is the one that lost push with BB10. But that's not unique to Blackberry. Please see below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yncing-777774/
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-26-13 12:31 AM
    03-26-13 12:32 AM
    Gmail works fine for most people.

Yahoo is the one that lost push with BB10. But that's not unique to Blackberry. Please see below:

Poor you. You're like the guardian of the same questions over and over again. That thread should be made a sticky.
    03-26-13 12:33 AM
    Outlook activesync as well. I receive my emails on my phone as soon as I get them on my browser email
    03-26-13 12:33 AM
    I'm receiving my gmail emails just as fast as I did on my BB0S7 9930.
    03-26-13 12:43 AM
    Poor you. You're like the guardian of the same questions over and over again. That thread should be made a sticky.
    Heh. Well the good thing is that I don't have to keep re-typing all that stuff every time, just paste the link.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-26-13 02:29 AM
    If you don't want to know jargon just need to know which email system got push capability on Z10.

Push: Gmail. Hotmail. Outlook mail
    No push: yahoo

Posted via CB10
    fast666 likes this.
    03-26-13 02:38 AM
    If you don't want to know jargon just need to know which email system got push capability on Z10.

Push: Gmail. Hotmail. Outlook mail
    No push: yahoo

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this! Reading this single post is soooo much easier than poring through 5000 pages of complaining and misinformation.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:15 AM
    I have my google mail setup to use activesync, works like a charm.
    03-26-13 05:24 AM
    Thanks for this! Reading this single post is soooo much easier than poring through 5000 pages of complaining and misinformation.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^This!^^^ Thank you, siausin!
    03-26-13 05:30 AM
    Works fine with Gmail, sucks with yahoo.
    no it doesnt suck with yahoo...you can set the sync interval to immediate but thats not the default setting
    03-26-13 06:00 AM
    no it doesnt suck with yahoo...you can set the sync interval to immediate but thats not the default setting
    Wrong. PLEASE don't spread misinformation. Thankyou.

aggie and fast666 like this.
    03-26-13 08:17 AM
    I'm using Gmail via IMAP. No detectable difference over Gmail via BIS.
    Just be sure to set it up using the advanced option, not the simple Gmail option.
    03-26-13 10:38 AM
    Gmail removed push via ActiveSynch For personal accounts recently but if you were using it at the time apparently it still works.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-26-13 11:24 AM
    Gmail removed push via ActiveSynch For personal accounts recently but if you were using it at the time apparently it still works.
    FYI - Microsoft just removed ALL GOOGLE SYNC from their Windows 8 product line due to this Google change. I presume this will happen on Windows Phone 8 as well. If so, that would mean Blackberry users making new connections to Google accounts have more sync options than WP8.

Windows 8 app updates nix Google ActiveSync support | Microsoft - CNET News
    Microsoft updates Windows 8 Mail, Calendar, and People apps | Microsoft - CNET News
    03-26-13 01:27 PM

BB10 supports IMAP Push - so IF your email provider supports the same - you will get email instantly.

BIS never did anything special, except from helping POP mail users get their email pushed out to the phone...

in 2013 you should not use POP anyway - it is outdated .. and it has never ever supported Push.

Gmail supports IMAP Push - and mails will show up on your device at the same time as on your desktop
    03-26-13 05:06 PM