On VZW 10.0.9.422. No reboots, great battery, issue with caller ID was they didn't add it to my plan, no dropped calls, no gremlins... had it 5 days and haven't put it down.

I'm not bragging, I'm asking... Is this luck? Are the dilemmas I'm reading about just a matter of time?

Moderate to heavy use. Enterprise email, BBM, text, FB, twitter, browser... all works well...

Thnx!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:52 PM
    On VZW 10.0.9.422. No reboots, great battery, issue with caller ID was they didn't add it to my plan, no dropped calls, no gremlins... had it 5 days and haven't put it down.

I'm not bragging, I'm asking... Is this luck? Are the dilemmas I'm reading about just a matter of time?

Moderate to heavy use. Enterprise email, BBM, text, FB, twitter, browser... all works well...

Thnx!

Posted via CB10
    Nope, plenty of users have no issues. Some folks just like to complain while others really do have legit issues. Way the cookie crumbles.
    Mic_JP, cyblitz and rcgZ10guy like this.
    07-15-13 05:56 PM
    The thing is; a far less percentage of people will report a good experience compared to the percentage of people who will report a bad one. Add that with the complainers and the people who just like to trash BlackBerry and it seems like a lot of people have issues. Which some do, but out of the 20+ Z10 users I know personally , I'm the only person who has had any issues. You are a rarity. Not because you don't have any BlackBerry issues, but because you posted that you don't.

Posted via CB10
    rcgZ10guy likes this.
    07-15-13 06:10 PM
    No issues here either on VZW.(Knock on wood)
    07-15-13 06:11 PM
    No, not luck. The vast majority of Z10 owners are extremely satisfied. The supposed issues were blown way out of proportion by persons with ulterior motives. That's my feeling, anyway.

Welcome to the club! Enjoy your Z. You made an excellent choice.
    cyblitz likes this.
    07-15-13 06:23 PM
    The vast majority of Z10 owners are extremely satisfied.
    Source? Or just opinion.
    07-15-13 06:30 PM
    I have a feeling the Pareto principle applies here; 80% of the complaining comes from 20% of the people, but it's probably an even more lopsided ratio here.

You and I are in the 80+% of people.
    07-15-13 06:40 PM
    The supposed issues were blown way out of proportion by persons with ulterior motives. That's my feeling, anyway.
    And you were doing so good. Face palm.

The issues are quite real when it is YOUR phone that is dropping calls due to reboots while talking to customers.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:41 PM
    I had my 1st reboot today, it upset me but in still very satisfied with the phone. In running same OS on vzw. Pretty confident that it will go away with update release.

Not really into leaks, nor do I own a computer at home currently. I'll wait patiently.

Other than that 1 caught reboot. No issues other than 'blaq' closing down on me a couple times. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:45 PM

The issues are quite real when it is YOUR phone that is dropping calls due to reboots while talking to customers.

Posted via CB10
    You're patronizing me? Thanks. I'll take it as a compliment.

It wasn't my phone doing that, and I'd be willing to bet it's a very small minority that experienced that issue which is resolved in any case. I watched a guy's S4 crash and burn in front of my face as he was trying to show me how cool it was. All phones have issues, and in my experience, the Z10 has far fewer than others, particularly Androids.

Are you saying that what I experience has no validity?
    bigjsmashman likes this.
    07-15-13 07:58 PM
    No, it is what you think you are experiencing.
    And it has no impact whatsoever on what anyone else is experiencing.

This is the old "I am not having this problem, therefore it doesn't exist" syndrome. Very common with enthusiasts.
    niss63 and MGDania like this.
    07-15-13 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    This. One of my pet peeves is when technology doesn't function properly. They're supposed to make your life easier, not the other way around. My Z10 drove me crazy with the rebooting. Especially when in a call. Thankfully 10.1 fixed this. But while it lasted it was horrible.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    niss63 likes this.
    07-15-13 08:31 PM
    I had issues with my first Z10, got a free replacement. Doesn't get any better than that.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:43 PM
    No issues for me so far too!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:53 PM

Thnx!

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy it then...aint it cool?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-15-13 08:56 PM
    No, it is what you think you are experiencing.
    And it has no impact whatsoever on what anyone else is experiencing.

This is the old "I am not having this problem, therefore it doesn't exist" syndrome. Very common with enthusiasts.
    This exact statement can be flipped around and be just as true or not true.

It is also what you are experiencing which has no impact on what anyone else is experiencing.
    And there also exists an old " I am having a problem and the sky is falling" syndrome.

Unless there is a specific study done regarding satisfied vs dissatisfied users and all users are included, then not one source is more valid then the other. What makes you think your experience is a better source than someone else's experience. Just out of curiosity.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:18 PM
    There's certainly a real issue. First Z from VZW I got for my gf had the reboot issue, and I tried a couple 10.1 OS. Returned for exchange, and have had zero issues with the new one. Mine has been perfect. I'd say pure luck.
    07-15-13 09:33 PM

Thnx!

Posted via CB10
    You have it for five days and I have mine for five months and have no problems whatsoever.
    Lucky? I don't think so. It's just a damn good phone. Love it!

Posted via CB10
    rcgZ10guy likes this.
    07-16-13 12:25 AM
    I love my Z10. But I'm not running the stock Verizon OS. I just installed Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.4633 and it's great so far.i had the normal reboots while on the charger overnight. Just like my sexy bold 9930 had. God I miss OS7

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    07-16-13 12:39 AM
    Are you saying that what I experience has no validity?
    No, I'm saying that your over generalizations and discounting the experiences of others makes your comments appear foolish and uninformed.
    07-16-13 08:22 AM
    This post made me chuckle. I was happy and thought I had a "majority " flawless z10. I found the people reporting problems deeply annoying, and I was doing my best to post positive comments. Well, I am not that lucky anymore, reboots issue got me very frustrated now.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:41 AM
    I have had some pretty bad *** phones... the Z10 is the most impressive. I've always been partial to BB, but hated the browser on all of my tours, bolds, and pearls... I would always migrate back to Android. No longer though...

Just think, if the satisfied 80% of us went out of our to promote the awesomeness which is BB10, could we help BlackBerry move forward and drown out the naysayers??

We have finally been rewarded with a bad *** OS and now bad *** devices to go with it... Thnx BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:12 AM