Hi, I know i'm not the first who's reporting this but it gets to my nerves and I didn't find a solution somewhere on CB. After the 10.1 leak, when I receive a new text message I don't get the sender's name, only the phone number, even though the contact is saved in contacts. Can it be fixed somehow or I just have to "suffer" till the official OS comes out? Thx.
    05-14-13 03:21 AM
    And the Contact name shows corectly in Contacts? Also in the phone option go to settings, and make sure Smart dialing is set correctly for your location...
    05-14-13 06:38 AM
    Yes the contact name shows correctly. I already set the smart dial but with no luck in fixing the problem. The contact's no. is saved without the country code in front of it. Every text message I got came with the country code in front of the number was sent from. Now, I also saved the contact's name with the country code in front of it but still the text message app is not recognising the contacts name.....
    05-14-13 07:09 AM
    Anyone! Help!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:12 PM
    Im having exactly the same problem after the official Orange/EE 10.1 upgrade tried everything, removing contact and re-entering nothing works to fix it very frustrating, annoying thing is the name shows in the hub in text messages?
    05-18-13 04:13 PM
    Maybe the same number is in your contacts more than once with different names

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:15 PM
    I have had issues after my upgrade too. I have a bunch of numbered in my contacts missing information. Also there are not any linked Facebook contact information with my contacts. Nor is there an option to add a Facebook account to a contact.... anyone have this happen?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:58 PM
    Yes the contact name shows correctly. I already set the smart dial but with no luck in fixing the problem. The contact's no. is saved without the country code in front of it. Every text message I got came with the country code in front of the number was sent from. Now, I also saved the contact's name with the country code in front of it but still the text message app is not recognising the contacts name.....
    On 10.0 I found selecting the menu and selecting name chat and typing name in works. Had that issue once and the person's name pops up now

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:02 PM
    After playing with the smart dialing extensively, the secret to showing the contact's name in text message is in the national number length. My "magic" no. was 9. Many cb members said but i didn't get it till now. If you still have this problem change your national number length untill you find the right combination.

Posted via CB10
    CoolShBro likes this.
    05-23-13 01:22 AM
    Ok what I dont get is before the 10.1 update my smart dialling number was 0, tried most of them well 1-15 and no luck, surely the 'magic number' should be known and published per location, it all seems very random to me
    05-23-13 10:08 AM
    Yes, similar as others here.
    This happens to me if my contact's phone number is entered in a local call format. I.e. If it starts from area code instead of country code (our long distance format is the same as international format. So only local callers start from area code).
    This was not the case before I went to Europe and used a different SIM. Before when I had only used the original provider's SIM, it all showed up in contact names. Came back (same os version), and suddenly the regional formats were not recognized. I think the SIM or the setting of the European provider brought on this change. I just went into contact and entered country code on everyone's numbers.
    06-29-13 11:15 AM