I should add that some carriers do require a BlackBerry specific plan for BB10 devices. I was in Barbados recently and mistakenly activated the normal smart phone data plan with Digicel... it didn't work (although for me it only showed as 4g, not 4G). I went into a Digicel location and, they first tried my SIM in an android device, sure enough it worked fine. So then they switched me to a "BlackBerry" data plan, and my Z30 magically switched to 4G with the BlackBerry symbol.

Posted via CB10
    If that's so... I'm screwed... I don't want to go back to the mess that android is... I really like this device... oh well... I will just use it without bbm if there isn't a fix... everything else works on 3G, email (I thought it won't work without the 4 dots but it does), BlackBerry World, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 01:17 PM
    Just call your carrier it's not a phone issue. It's your provider..
    05-30-14 01:32 PM
    Ive actually had this issue for quite a while as well. Im in the UK on EE and I only seem to use BBM when Im on 4G but when it falls down to 3G, BBM doesn't seem to work.
    05-30-14 03:13 PM
    Attachment 274813

@blueyestm do I need a blackberry plan for it to work? I thought OS 10 doesn't need a BlackBerry plan...

Posted via CB10
    Normally no need for a special data plan when you are using a BBY 10 device....

Z10 white
    06-01-14 05:27 AM
    Still no 4 dots icon... My carrier does not have a clue about it because they don't sell blackberry.... But I thought that it would work with a normal data plan...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 12:38 PM
    Have you tried doing the mysterious "Register BlackBerry" thing?

Swipe from the top, Settings, About,.. inside the drop down menu to select "Nework". Then tap the overflow menu (three dots at the bottom right corner), and tap on the "Register BlackBerry". Do this whole you're on the 3G network (disconnected to wifi).

Works for some people, for others it does nothing. Might help to reboot your phone afterwards (hold the top lock button for at least 10 seconds).

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 12:48 PM
    Have you tried doing the mysterious "Register BlackBerry" thing?

Swipe from the top, Settings, About,.. inside the drop down menu to select "Nework". Then tap the overflow menu (three dots at the bottom right corner), and tap on the "Register BlackBerry". Do this whole you're on the 3G network (disconnected to wifi).

Works for some people, for others it does nothing. Might help to reboot your phone afterwards (hold the top lock button for at least 10 seconds).

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I already did it. Then it says "Registered for BlackBerry services" and then nothing happens...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:12 PM
    Just wondering if you have found a solution to this problem, I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it... Already searched every on the internet... I have a blackberry z30 but that won't make any difference I guess.
    03-27-15 03:25 PM
33 12