One of the things I used to love about my Torch 9800 was the auto on/off times, allowing me to switch my phone off at night to save battery, however it would turn on in time to sound my alarm. I've noticed this feature isn't on my Z10, and I'm really missing it to be honest.

Anyone else miss auto on/off times? And do you think it may come in future updates? (Once they've sorted the looong on/off time)
    04-08-13 06:04 AM
    Im missing the feature much. Hoping it will come in a near os update.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:11 AM
    The way this feature works would require the way the phone powers off to be completely changed. Currently, when the phone powers off, it is completely off, which means that the phone cannot turn itself on, as there is no power to allow that. Legacy devices merely went into a sort of hibernation / sleep mode (hence the need for battery pulls). There is a huge difference here and that's why the auto on and off isn't in the OS.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    04-08-13 06:20 AM
    One of the things I used to love about my Torch 9800 was the auto on/off times, allowing me to switch my phone off at night to save battery, however it would turn on in time to sound my alarm. I've noticed this feature isn't on my Z10, and I'm really missing it to be honest.

Anyone else miss auto on/off times? And do you think it may come in future updates? (Once they've sorted the looong on/off time)
    Oh... the feature is there... it's just undocumented. See the threads about overnight reboots :-) I really hope BB gets these issues cleared up soon. I want to love the Z10... but it's sitting next to an iPhone 5 (seven years of OS updates make the iPhone rather bulletproof)... and at the moment I can't commit to the Z10 unless I see some real action squashing the bugs.

Peace,
    Root
    04-08-13 07:35 AM
    We are missing the feature much. Guys, add all the previous wonderful feature of OS 7.1 to BB 10.3.
    It is the unique features of the BB.
    12-24-13 03:14 AM
    We are missing the feature much. Guys, add all the previous wonderful feature of OS 7.1 to BB 10.3.
    It is the unique features of the BB.
    BBOS phones never turned off despise what the feature was called. On top of that, any application could 'start' the phone early.

Use either bedside mode, or airplane mode for the same effect.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:38 AM
    BBOS phones never turned off despise what the feature was called. On top of that, any application could 'start' the phone early.

Use either bedside mode, or airplane mode for the same effect.

Posted via CB10
    Well, obviously, it was not completely off since it would "restart" at your chosen time. But it was pretty effectively OFF. No phone calls or emails came in. I don't know about other apps, but the Clock's Alarm would sound if you set it before the auto-on time. I still miss this feature. It definitely saved battery power. And *I* did not have to think about doing anything. The "other half" also would not be disturbed because I forgot to use bedside mode.

It was an OPTION and folks could skip it if they did not want or use it.
    12-24-13 11:41 AM
    But that is the issue. Booting a device, either BBOS or BB10 would probably use all the power saved over night. What they did on BBOS worked because they only had to pause the Java virtual machine to stop almost all activity. All a third party application needed to do was scheduled a restart.

With BB10, applications run directly on the OS so it would be much more difficult to do.

If you want the same functionality, you should ask for it to be added to bedside mode. If there were options to turn off radios, enter and leave automatically at preset times, then you would get the same benefits.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:18 AM