So, there is roughly 14 hours until the sales of the Z10 start in Canada. I reserved one a while ago and will be picking it up tomorrow. I've made the mistake of reading all the posts on the forums. There seems to be a lot of negative responses. It's actually got me a little worried. I didn't have the best of luck with the Playbook but I still remain a true BB fan. I know the best review I can get is my own when I use the phone. I'm really hoping that most of the negative comments are from a very low percentage of owners. I also realize that most people will post not because they love it, they will post because they hate it and want the world to know. Is anyone else nervous but still going for it? Do you believe 100% in the BB brand as much as I do? Are the complainers people that didn't get the game app they wanted or the app they had with the Iphone that no one else uses? Personally, I still use the cell phone as a cell phone. It's not my go to device for games. Are people upset because they didn't get the original Angry Birds just the Star Wars one?

I guess I'm just looking for assurance.

In the next couple of days I may post my thoughts on the new phone. I'm hoping the first thing I type is that "It's Incredible".
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-04-13 07:12 PM
    So, there is roughly 14 hours until the sales of the Z10 start in Canada. I reserved one a while ago and will be picking it up tomorrow. I've made the mistake of reading all the posts on the forums. There seems to be a lot of negative responses. It's actually got me a little worried. I didn't have the best of luck with the Playbook but I still remain a true BB fan. I know the best review I can get is my own when I use the phone. I'm really hoping that most of the negative comments are from a very low percentage of owners. I also realize that most people will post not because they love it, they will post because they hate it and want the world to know. Is anyone else nervous but still going for it? Do you believe 100% in the BB brand as much as I do? Are the complainers people that didn't get the game app they wanted or the app they had with the Iphone that no one else uses? Personally, I still use the cell phone as a cell phone. It's not my go to device for games. Are people upset because they didn't get the original Angry Birds just the Star Wars one?

In the next couple of days I may post my thoughts on the new phone. I'm hoping the first thing I type is that "It's Incredible".
    Most who post are disgruntled. The happy-go-lucky ones are too busy enjoying their phones to post. Their comments will come in a few days, once they've acclimated to their excitement...and I sincerely hope you're in that group as well. Good luck!
    olddavy and KOOLWATER like this.
    02-04-13 07:18 PM
    The only way to find out is to try it out yourself. Depending on which carrier you're getting it from, you have 14 days, 30 mins, whichever comes first for a full refund. I'm confident that BlackBerry will not disappoint us. But everyone is different. You may not like the swipe gestures or the hub or a bigger device if you're coming from previous BlackBerries. BB10 is a brand new OS. There will be issues. Even phones that have been out for many years that use the same OS (iPhone) have issues when it's released. Don't expect perfection. I wouldn't worry about the apps. They will come. BlackBerry is all about high quality apps. So if they get 100,000 premium apps, I will be happy. Apple has over 700,000 apps and 100,000 are probably premium apps. I was looking for a solitare game for my mom and over 1700 apps showed up. I'm not going through 1700 of them! Most of them were garbage. I rather have 20 premium apps to choose from. Like I said, give the Z10 a try. Only YOU will know if you love it or not.
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:24 PM
    I'm not concerned by what has been posted on the forums.

Kevin's review was well-balanced (had positives and negatives) and has prepared me well.

I'm not getting the phone expecting perfection, nor have I ever expected perfection from day 1.

Like Thorsten and crew say, this is is the starting line.
    02-04-13 07:25 PM
    is it tuesday yet?
    02-04-13 07:28 PM
    Most professional reviews were positive for the most part. And I know that there will be a few glitches along the way which BB will fix as we go. Kevin's review was really good and I read another one from (I believe) a British journalist who wrote something like "what would I grab in a fire". He suggested he would grab both the BB and the IPhone. So that's encouraging. I'm not concerned about having 500,000 apps. I have probably 50 on my 9900 and maybe use 1 or 2. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling a lot more confident about getting it. Really looking forward to tomorrow now.
    02-04-13 07:31 PM
    Most professional reviews were positive for the most part. And I know that there will be a few glitches along the way which BB will fix as we go. Kevin's review was really good and I read another one from (I believe) a British journalist who wrote something like "what would I grab in a fire". He suggested he would grab both the BB and the IPhone. So that's encouraging. I'm not concerned about having 500,000 apps. I have probably 50 on my 9900 and maybe use 1 or 2. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling a lot more confident about getting it. Really looking forward to tomorrow now.
    It's BlackBerry 10...get ROWDY
    02-04-13 07:33 PM
    It's BlackBerry 10...get ROWDY
    Nuff said. Perfect.
    02-04-13 07:36 PM
    I clicked on this thread thinking for SURE....the first post was going to read, "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."
    02-04-13 07:40 PM

I'd be curious to hear from you what you think about the Z10 tomorrow after you've had a few hours to play with it.
    02-04-13 07:55 PM
    I'm getting drunk tonight let's be real and then I'm gonna be picking up my very own Z10 tomorrow when I wake up. WOOOO
    02-04-13 08:43 PM
    The only issue that I know is REALLY going to bother me is that the z10 won't go into the 'phone calls only' profile while in bedside mode..

I know it sounds like a small nitpicking thing to some.. but for me this feature was really important.. I keep my phone next to my bed, and I get A LOT of emails.. I don't want those waking me.. but I can't have it go on silent, because if something is important enough for someone to call.. I need to get it. I'm assuming I can set the phone to 'phone calls only' manually.. and disable bedside mode.. but I know some mornings i'll forget to set it back to the regular profile.. and in my business emails are time sensitive and very important.. I can't miss any because i forgot to turn notifications back on..

Hopefully this is rectified in an updated VERY soon.. but in the meantime I'm still super excited to get one, and i'll be doing so at 9am sharp!
    02-04-13 08:58 PM
    Went by Future Shop today. They had them, locked and secured. Only the store manager could have access. No reservations were being taken. It's first come first serve. I'll be in there first thing..going to try to upgrade on my current plan with Telus. Would hope I could be among the first Z10 users in my city by 11 AM tomorrow.
    02-04-13 09:16 PM
    Went by Future Shop today. They had them, locked and secured. Only the store manager could have access. No reservations were being taken. It's first come first serve. I'll be in there first thing..going to try to upgrade on my current plan with Telus. Would hope I could be among the first Z10 users in my city by 11 AM tomorrow.
    I hope you aren't in my city then... because i'll be swiping away by 9:30am! lol
    02-04-13 09:18 PM
    Was in Walmart and they were putting a working demo on display. The rep was activating "Demo Mode" and told me to play with it before it locked up. Sure enough all was good for a couple of minutes, then it went into a useless Demo Mode and nothing worked? Not sure if that is a very good marketing tool, people are going to pick it up and say "This is stupid", then walk away. It asks for an administrator password to take it out of Demo Mode but most won't want to wait at the counter to play with it.

Guess I have to wait until 10 am to find out what it's really like.

Worst case Worldway, return it.
    02-04-13 09:26 PM
    Was in Walmart and they were putting a working demo on display. The rep was activating "Demo Mode" and told me to play with it before it locked up. Sure enough all was good for a couple of minutes, then it went into a useless Demo Mode and nothing worked? Not sure if that is a very good marketing tool, people are going to pick it up and say "This is stupid", then walk away. It asks for an administrator password to take it out of Demo Mode but most won't want to wait at the counter to play with it.

Guess I have to wait until 10 am to find out what it's really like.

Worst case Worldway, return it.
    Doesn't this remind you of the BlackBerry PlayBook displays way back in the ancient past of April 2011?
    02-04-13 09:58 PM
    I clicked on this thread thinking for SURE....the first post was going to read, "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."
    The night before the Canadian release

Not a device was stirring, not even a computer mouse.
    The BlackBerrys were connected to their battery chargers with care,
    In hopes that BlackBerry Z10 soon would be there.

The BlackBerry subscribers were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of peek-and-flow danced in their heads.
    And mamma in her �kerchief, and I in my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a long night�s nap.

When at the wireless carrier outlets there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
    Away to the outlet I flew like a flash,
    Tore open the box and grabbed the BlackBerry Z10.

The florescent lighting on the counter,
    Gave the lustre of diamonds to the BlackBerry Z10.
    When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    But a miniature BlackBerry PlayBook, and a hoard of on-lookers.

The clerk spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
    And drove me insane reviewing the wireless carrier's contract terms and conditions, then turned with a j-erk.
    And laying his finger on the cash register,
    And giving a nod, rang up the purchase as my face turned red!

I sprang from the shop, to my driver did I whistle,
    And away we flew like a BBM message.
    But I heard the clerk exclaim, �ere we drove out of sight,
    "BlackBerry 10. Keep moving!"
    02-04-13 10:17 PM