BlackBerry Z10: Daily driver, thanks to these 10 apps and shortcuts | ZDNet

excerpt: "We still have a few weeks before we see BlackBerry 10 devices launch from carriers in the US, and I imagine the app store will improve since we are seeing regular releases in BlackBerry World. The more I use the BlackBerry Z10, the more I find having tons of apps doesn't matter as much as having a solid core platform, fast and functional web browser, and hardware that is enjoyable to use. I looked at my iPhone 5, Lumia 920, and Galaxy Note II to see what apps I really use on a daily or every other day basis. I found that the BlackBerry Z10 has what I need, and with the efficient communications core, I am able to use it as my daily driver and am enjoying the experience."

Thought I'd post for the group.
    03-04-13 02:04 PM
    Matt Miller is good people.

Love that he has the CB10 app on this device too!
    03-04-13 02:16 PM
    Nice to see more generally positive articles about Blackberry reappear! I think many in media have been stuck in a RIM IS DEAD loop for the longest time. And now that they're getting their hands on Z10, and reading that the phone is selling well, they're reconsidering and taking a more honest look at the phone without prior bias. I really believe that's been a major obstacle for Blackberry and I think they're starting to overcome it. Thank heavens for that!
    03-04-13 03:00 PM
    Nice one! Thanks for sharing.

another article I really found very informative and well done in zdnet while most onlie tech pages were out on the hunt is the one in the link below. One of the most educating articles regarding the OS.
    here is the other article intro:

Finally shipping handsets running BlackBerry 10 was an important milestone for the BlackBerry team — but if you listened carefully to what CEO Thorsten Heins said when he introduced the Z10 handset, the important phrase was "mobile computing". When a company is almost the last to the smartphone party (Jolla and the Firefox OS are still waiting in the wings), isn't it a bit rich to say "we intend to lead the move from mobile connection to mobile computing"?
    Maybe not, when you think about the QNX operating system underneath BB10 and the direction that the computing market is going

BlackBerry 10: Forget about the phone - it's the OS that really counts | ZDNet

-of course the phone also counts a bunch... read the article before you get put off by the title -
    That is 2 nice articles from zdnet...
    03-04-13 03:04 PM
    Nice one! Thanks for sharing.
    -of course the phone also counts a bunch... read the article before you get put off by the title -
    That is 2 nice articles from zdnet...
    Thanks! No, I had actually read that article, forgot about that. Yeah, 2 nice positive articles from ZDNet! Good on 'em! I get their newsletter on a secondary email account and the headline grabbed my eye so I figured it would be nice to post here.
    03-04-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks! No, I had actually read that article, forgot about that.
    lol

just thought it would be nice to tie this one in as well. :-P
    03-04-13 03:40 PM