Hi everybody,

I just bought a Z10, and I want to start to use NFC to pay where it's possible (not so much place in my town I have to admitt )
    But I don't know how to start and setup my credit card on my phone.

Do I need to download an app ? My bank account or my carrier need to allow that ?
    I made some research on Google, but don't really find what i'm looking for concerning my carrier/bank/country.

Thanks !
    anon6113468 likes this.
    12-16-13 07:37 AM
    One of the issues with NFC payments is that there are no standards. The method(s) that work for some in the US simply will not be applicable to you, and the two methods I use in Canada are not possible in France. You should speak to your financial institution about NFC and electronic payment methods. Some require a special SIM card, some use another type of authentication, and others will allow you to place a sticker that will work with NFC terminals.

First step is to speak to a representative at your bank. Then you could ask your carrier if they have any options.
    12-16-13 08:33 AM
    Hi everybody,

I just bought a Z10, and I want to start to use NFC to pay where it's possible (not so much place in my town I have to admitt )
    But I don't know how to start and setup my credit card on my phone.

Do I need to download an app ? My bank account or my carrier need to allow that ?
    I made some research on Google, but don't really find what i'm looking for concerning my carrier/bank/country.

Thanks !
    check this site, it has everything you need (including locations near by where NFC accepted)

Near Field Communication: What is Near Field Communication?
    12-16-13 09:26 AM
    Ok now I understand why I find nothing about it.
    I will see it with my bank, but there is nothing on the website of my bank so I don't believe they have plan about NFC.
    I don't know if it's because i'm new in the NFC world, but I think it's not very easy to understand, maybe because there is not standards
    12-16-13 09:27 AM