- 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM #226Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
- 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM #227Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-19-2013, 03:28 PM #228Pete
- 351 Posts
Torch 9800 v18.104.22.1686
Just chill the hell out. It's pretty bad when I'M the voice of reason. lol - Bla1ze
Re: Nexus 4 to a z10...what am i missing?
I see some reference to the LED notification on some of the Android devices. The Nexus 4 has it and so do the Note 2,The S3 and the One but somehow nobody makes them as bright and noticeable as blackberry, most of them, including the Nexus 4 are hard to notice in bright conditions.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
- 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM #230
- 02-19-2013, 03:55 PM #231Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
- 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM #232Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
- 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM #email@example.com
"Dogs does not a chicken catch." - Piper ChapmanThanked by:
- 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM #235Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
- CrackBerry Master
02-19-2013, 05:46 PM #236
- 1,247 Posts
If I have to make a choice between Z10 and N4..it is z10 all the way and here is why
LTE (no comparison here, it is freaking fast )
Unified Inbox (if you are not a gmail user the email experience on android is bad esp on s3)
Phone/voice quality (Blackberry's DNA - best in class and all the reviews point to that)
UX/Interface (very thoughtful and need not do any figure stretching circus-y feats to pull down notifications, go back and forth etc)
Multitasking (the worst part of Android multitasking is that you don't have control over the processes in the back ground as you never know when they will be kicked out)
Security (FIPS approved and can have a sound sleep even if my phone is lost)
Balance (if your company has a BES - this feature alone is worth ditching iphone or android as you can do whatever you want on your phone without being worried that you are being monitored)
New platform (new experience and exciting)
Brand (Blackberry is an aspirational brand and definitely better than LG)
Finally phone design and looks definitely better than N4 (thinner, stainless steel metal chasis and classy, 4.2" , durable with no shatter-y glass back)
removable battery (no contest here)
micro SD card (no contest here)
no widespread hardware issues reported so far unlike wifi and bluetooth problems on N4
Apps (if learn to live with it or find alternatives then it doesn't matter, my primary usage on apps revolve around maps, flipboard/rss reader, webex, CB forums, endomondo, FB, twitter - BB10 seem have most of them already so no worries for me. Also it has a good browser which suffices a lot of use cases like shopping, banking etc)
New platform - bugs, missing some pieces of functionality, apps etc
Last edited by sf49ers; 02-19-2013 at 05:58 PM.
- 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM #238Acer Asprie S755-6832, Playbook, Samsung SII HD LTE, HTC One v
- 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM #239
I never said Android was inferior. Not in any way whatsoever.
Here is what I actually said:
Originally Posted by D Mac
I then listed some of the reasons I prefer my Z10 to my N4. Not why either was better or "inferior" simply why I prefer my Z10.
I then listed one of the ways that the N4 clearly beats the Z10.
Why is that "pathetic" to you?
- 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM #240Acer Asprie S755-6832, Playbook, Samsung SII HD LTE, HTC One v
- 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM #242
And again it is more like 20mm not 3mm. The status bar at the top (battery, signal, notifications, etc) and the action bar at the bottom (back, menu, multi-tasking) total up to just shy of 20mm. And no the action bar does not disappear when you open an app.Acer Asprie S755-6832, Playbook, Samsung SII HD LTE, HTC One v
- 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM #243Acer Asprie S755-6832, Playbook, Samsung SII HD LTE, HTC One v
- 02-19-2013, 07:33 PM #244
- 02-19-2013, 07:45 PM #246~Matt
Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
- 02-19-2013, 08:24 PM #248
Re: Nexus 4 to a z10...what am i missing?
Boy do I feel left out
No clue what fitocracy is:screwy:
Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
- 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM #249
- 02-19-2013, 08:27 PM #250Thanked by:
- By Foberry in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 9Last Post: 08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
- By vartz04 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 18Last Post: 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
- By CeluGeek in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
- By Member_No.1 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 12Last Post: 05-31-2008, 04:40 AM
- By Yellowhat in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2008, 08:37 AM