Actually he does but they just blend in with the bottom of his phone so you probably thought they were capacitive buttons like on your phone. The Back, Menu, and Multi-tasking buttons are on his screen not on the base of the phone.

Here is a screenshot from my Nexus 4:

Attachment 136792
    Oh I see....it didn't register. Off I go to see his phone again.....

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-19-13 02:21 PM
    Even better when quoted out of context. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Actually she was sweet.

Her son....ugh......

ppeters914 likes this.
    02-19-13 02:22 PM
    Seriously boys?!?!?! You're all acting like you're all in a high school shower room with measuring sticks.......
    OMG!!! Another great comeback. It does cause me to wonder what girls do in the high school shower room..........!!!!
    02-19-13 02:28 PM
    I see some reference to the LED notification on some of the Android devices. The Nexus 4 has it and so do the Note 2,The S3 and the One but somehow nobody makes them as bright and noticeable as blackberry, most of them, including the Nexus 4 are hard to notice in bright conditions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    02-19-13 02:45 PM
    I see some reference to the LED notification on some of the Android devices. The Nexus 4 has it and so do the Note 2,The S3 and the One but somehow nobody makes them as bright and noticeable as blackberry, most of them, including the Nexus 4 are hard to notice in bright conditions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    On the Nexus 4 I really like the fact that the notification colour changes based on the type of notification (ie, White for text, blue for facebook, green for facebook messenger, etc), but the super slow pulsing makes it hardly noticeable at all. More times then not I would just wake up the screen to see if I had any notifications.
    02-19-13 02:50 PM
    OMG!!! Another great comeback. It does cause me to wonder what girls do in the high school shower room..........!!!!
    Tape measures....

02-19-13 02:55 PM
    On the Nexus 4 I really like the fact that the notification colour changes based on the type of notification (ie, White for text, blue for facebook, green for facebook messenger, etc), but the super slow pulsing makes it hardly noticeable at all. More times then not I would just wake up the screen to see if I had any notifications.
    notifications on legacy bb were unparalleled
    I've always depended on them, really upset to see them diminished

02-19-13 02:57 PM
    Tape measures....

Nope, water piks.

Wait, what are we talking about again?
    02-19-13 03:19 PM
    Do you lift bro? Get a note 2!
    02-19-13 03:36 PM
    The more I read about Android, the more tempted I am. I could keep my popup notifications, color LED alerts, alert customization, etc. and apparently still have a universal mailbox of sorts (from what I read here). The only catch... and it's what's still stopping me... is the fragmentation and manufacturer "skins" make it all so confusing. Every Android is so different from every other, it's really difficult to figure out which does what. Some have multicolor LEDs, some don't. Some have carousel task switchers, some the traditional list. Some keyboards work well, some are difficult. Some have great cameras, some aren't so great. Etc. Etc.
    There's a massive amount of things you can do with Android. I'm recently leaning towards breaking away from it though. I'm getting really tired of paying such close attention to app permissions, and wanting a really cool app and then finding out it wants access to parts of my phone it has zero requirement for (and yes I'm quite well versed in how apps work and WHY certain permissions are needed and which are not) is getting old real fast now.
    02-19-13 03:50 PM
    If I have to make a choice between Z10 and N4..it is z10 all the way and here is why

Pros :
    LTE (no comparison here, it is freaking fast )
    Unified Inbox (if you are not a gmail user the email experience on android is bad esp on s3)
    Phone/voice quality (Blackberry's DNA - best in class and all the reviews point to that)
    UX/Interface (very thoughtful and need not do any figure stretching circus-y feats to pull down notifications, go back and forth etc)
    Multitasking (the worst part of Android multitasking is that you don't have control over the processes in the back ground as you never know when they will be kicked out)
    Security (FIPS approved and can have a sound sleep even if my phone is lost)
    Balance (if your company has a BES - this feature alone is worth ditching iphone or android as you can do whatever you want on your phone without being worried that you are being monitored)
    New platform (new experience and exciting)
    Brand (Blackberry is an aspirational brand and definitely better than LG)
    Finally phone design and looks definitely better than N4 (thinner, stainless steel metal chasis and classy, 4.2" , durable with no shatter-y glass back)
    removable battery (no contest here)
    micro SD card (no contest here)
    no widespread hardware issues reported so far unlike wifi and bluetooth problems on N4

Cons:
    Apps (if learn to live with it or find alternatives then it doesn't matter, my primary usage on apps revolve around maps, flipboard/rss reader, webex, CB forums, endomondo, FB, twitter - BB10 seem have most of them already so no worries for me. Also it has a good browser which suffices a lot of use cases like shopping, banking etc)
    New platform - bugs, missing some pieces of functionality, apps etc
    Last edited by sf49ers; 02-19-13 at 04:58 PM.
    02-19-13 04:46 PM
    Hmmmmmm....I'm not even going to touch that.....
    02-19-13 04:49 PM
    Again why the attitude?

Fitocracy does not work on my Nexus 4. It does not work on my Nexus 7. It does not work on my Nexus 10. If I go to www.fitocracy.com and attept to log in it absolutely will not allow you to log in because the login box is a popup that is not properly supported.

I just tried it on my HTC One V (Yes I have a Lot of phones) and you also can't login there either.

If you switch to the mobile site then you can login but you cannot on the full site. Like I said that was just an example but on the Z10 you are not forced to use the mobile site like on the One V, Nexus 4, etc.
    Sorry for the 'attitude', but this is truly pathetic. So android is inferior because you can't log into Fitocracy on the Web on your N7, N10 or HTC One V. Well, I wouldn't know since I just use android's Fitocracy app. Which BB doesn't even have. Score one for android!
    02-19-13 04:57 PM
    Sorry for the 'attitude', but this is truly pathetic. So android is inferior because you can't log into Fitocracy on the Web on your N7, N10 or HTC One V. Well, I wouldn't know since I just use android's Fitocracy app. Which BB doesn't even have. Score one for android!
    NO NO NO NO NO that is NOT what I said. NOT AT ALL.

I never said Android was inferior. Not in any way whatsoever.

Here is what I actually said:
    I used to own a Nexus 4, I now own a Z10. I sold my N4 and kept my Z10.

For Me the Z10 is much better. Saying the Z10 or Nexus 4 (or iPhone 5) is better would be completely wrong, it is only about what is better for you. For me without a doubt it is the Z10.

The top 4 reasons I like my Z10 better than my Nexus 4:
    -I really like the HUB. Having multiple inboxes on my Android and iOS devices is just cumbersome and slow.
    -I really like with browser with full flash support. The N4 of course does not natively support flash, but it is not just flash it is the fact that the BB10 browser supports far more HTML5 standards than any other browser on the planet (yes even including all desktop browsers) there has been a few cases where websites were completely unusable on my N4 but worked perfectly on my Z10 (off the top of my head www.fitocracy.com is one).
    -I find the Z10 keyboard to be the best on screen keyboard ever. I've used pretty well all of them Android, iOS, WP, etc and BB10 is by far the fastest and most accurate for me.
    -The multitasking is the best on the market. Way faster and better than that on the N4. On the N4 when you switch to another app as often as not the app you were using does not keep running it stops and when you switch back to it it has to resume. This is much slower and it doesn't always put you right where you left off. I Love the Real multi-tasking that is only offered on the Z10.

The top 1 reason I liked the N4 better:
    -More apps. Obviously Android is way ahead of BB10 in terms of apps right now, but since more BB10 apps are coming every day I'm content to wait because the other advantages of the Z10 far outweigh the lack of apps.
    As you can see I made it very clear I wasn't say either was better or worse. In fact I went out of my way to make it clear that that wasn't what I was saying.

I then listed some of the reasons I prefer my Z10 to my N4. Not why either was better or "inferior" simply why I prefer my Z10.

I then listed one of the ways that the N4 clearly beats the Z10.

Why is that "pathetic" to you?
    02-19-13 05:06 PM
    Is that something any Android can do? Or is it specific to a manfacturer... or maybe needs a specific app to be installed?
    I only know my android, an HTC One V running ICS. It's considered an entry-level phone. But considering the unified email inbox also existed on my iPod 3 from about three years ago, I imagine it's standard on any android made today. As it also is on the Playbook.
    02-19-13 05:27 PM
    OP. Do you have a similar thread on android central? I want to see what they think about the subject.
    02-19-13 05:31 PM
    And regardless again we are talking about MY PREFERENCE. My preference can't be wrong because it is MINE.
    We were not talking about preferences, which matter not a whit to me. We were talking about the screen real estate used by notifications and status bar.

And again it is more like 20mm not 3mm. The status bar at the top (battery, signal, notifications, etc) and the action bar at the bottom (back, menu, multi-tasking) total up to just shy of 20mm. And no the action bar does not disappear when you open an app.
    Maybe the' action bar' doesn't disappear when you open an app because it is NOT part of the screen at all. I had assumed by action bar you meant something that actually formed part of the screen, ie. the bottom bar of apps that is constant on every screen page. That 'action bar' does disappear when you open an app. Your 'action bar' is not even on the screen. I see that on your N4 there is an on-screen action bar. But since it blends in so well, is that really an issue? And you even say you like having it there. So why the fuss about 'losing' screen space when 1. it isn't obtrusive, and 2. you like the convenience of have the buttons there.
    02-19-13 05:48 PM
    I then listed some of the reasons I prefer my Z10 to my N4. Not why either was better or "inferior" simply why I prefer my Z10.

I then listed one of the ways that the N4 clearly beats the Z10.

Why is that "pathetic" to you?
    As you know, I wasn't referring to any of the reasons you prefer your Z10. I was referring specifically to you saying you could not log into fitocracy on any of your android phones, when android has a fitocracy app that allows you to do exactly that. Yes, it opens up fitocracy's mobile site, but why would you want the full website on a phone?
    02-19-13 06:02 PM
    As you know, I wasn't referring to any of the reasons you prefer your Z10. I was referring specifically to you saying you could not log into fitocracy on any of your android phones, when android has a fitocracy app that allows you to do exactly that. Yes, it opens up fitocracy's mobile site, but why would you want the full website on a phone?
    What are you saying? A browser that can handle that full website and log in doesn't count as a strength vs a browser that can't because the browser that can't has an app for that? Super long sentence...sorry all. You used the word pathetic during the course of this fairly inane argument earlier. Was that foreshadowing?
    02-19-13 06:33 PM
    On a positive note, it is so cool to so many fellow Fitocrats...
    grover5 likes this.
    02-19-13 06:39 PM
    Again why the attitude?

Fitocracy does not work on my Nexus 4. It does not work on my Nexus 7. It does not work on my Nexus 10. If I go to www.fitocracy.com and attept to log in it absolutely will not allow you to log in because the login box is a popup that is not properly supported.

I just tried it on my HTC One V (Yes I have a Lot of phones) and you also can't login there either.

If you switch to the mobile site then you can login but you cannot on the full site. Like I said that was just an example but on the Z10 you are not forced to use the mobile site like on the One V, Nexus 4, etc.

No the reason I prefer my Z10 is not because I didn't figure out how to use it (I am an expert with most mobile OSes). It is simply because of my personal preference. Why does my personal preference appear to bother you. Not everyone prefers the same thing.
    i do not have an account but as you can see from the picture below this is the full site and i can log in just fine i would think.

grover5 likes this.
    02-19-13 06:45 PM
    Things are looking up for fitocracy and the nexus 4.
    02-19-13 07:17 PM
    Boy do I feel left out
    No clue what fitocracy is:screwy:

02-19-13 07:24 PM
    i do not have an account but as you can see from the picture below this is the full site and i can log in just fine i would think.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps7a41b284.png
    On all 4 devices I tested it on (including the Nexus 4) you can get to that point but you can't enter a password. Or you can enter a password, but you can't enter a username.
    02-19-13 07:26 PM
    Boy do I feel left out
    No clue what fitocracy is:screwy:

Fitness app that has a pretty cool social aspect. Allows for leveling and encouragement from other "Fitocrats."

By leveling, you earn points for doing exercises and such.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-19-13 07:27 PM
266 ... 891011